The GuruJuan Transfer Megathread 2021 (and beyond)

Guest wilyfox

8 hours ago, owlinexile said:

It's actually much easier for a Brazilian to get enough points to qualify for a work permit than someone from anywhere but the biggest leagues in Europe, because the Brazilian league is ranked as Tier 3 (and the Copa Sudamerica is ranked as Tier 2, the same as the Champions League).

Anyone playing regularly for one of the bigger South American teams, or even in the MLS, is pretty much guaranteed a work permit; someone from Sweden or Hungary or Denmark, for example, is not getting one unless they are a full international, or go and establish themselves in one of the higher ranked leagues first.

Thanks for the sensible response, yes the work permit system seems very dubious.  As I say how it can be justified for a boy in Brazil who has hardly played any football is allowed to work in uk but a man who has played for years in a European top league is not given the same right. Is wrong to me 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Because he plays regular football for a team in a top division in his country and has won both the top league and domestic cup competition.

When someone suggests signing a player that has won the top division in their foreign domestic league system, then you won't hear people saying "he won't get a work permit".

You know the points system is publicly available to view right? You can literally sit down and work out that a mid-table Greek player won't qualify for a wp but a league and domestic-cup winning player will.

You're acting like you've gazzumped the people pointing out that certain players wouldn't qualify for a work permit, but all you've done is show you can't be bothered to put the effort in to actually figure it out for yourself.

Get off your high horse.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

We can't afford Wickham. We can't afford a crock.

It doesn't stop me thinking he's got unfinished business at Hillsborough. If he can't get another club (Someone will always take a chance) he can come and train with us. If he gets fit and sustains it maybe a deal could be worked out.

He would be quality if only he didn't keep breaking.

It won't happen. 

1 minute ago, Random Task said:

If Green’s performance and Brown and Dele Bashiru ending the game on the wings isn’t an argument for us needing both Sims and Johnson then I don’t know what is

I have to agree.

We are very, very light for a team hoping to play 4-3-3, though I thought Brown did ok.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Random Task said:

If Green’s performance and Brown and Dele Bashiru ending the game on the wings isn’t an argument for us needing both Sims and Johnson then I don’t know what is

Yes you’d have to think that Kamberi, Sims and Johnson as the front 3 would be a step up on what we were able to put out today.  And hopefully a number 9 striker will be coming in too.  
Hopefully we get some good news tomorrow 

• Like 1

On today’s showing having to bring a LB on the wing when Shodipo got injured just highlights how thin the squad is. 
Desperate for couple of wingers n least one striker. Plus a CB cos if Dom, Hutch or Dunks get injured we will struggle.