Erik Alonso and WBD Sports Management Brought On Board

I don’t know how it can be deemed a shambles when none of us know anything about it yet 

As Vulva said, anything is better than the current set up, and a bloody change was needed 

I do feel a hinge of excitement though, I’m taking it as a positive for now! 

• Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t think there will personally. We didn’t have press releases for when we used other advisers and their services. 

The fact that we've found out and somethings changed via his personal account suggests this has registered with the fanbase. 

Cats out the bag. Kinda forces the issue. 

Just now, vulva said:

It might not be but Wolves are doing OK. Our current hotshot recruitment team have unearthed a gem in Cyprus called Hutchinson so let’s hope this lot are better connected. 

Wolves are very much a one off. Jorge Mendes is a genuine super agent who managed to sign Champions League players to a Championship club. They had Diogo Jota playing away at Barnsley, I really doubt this bloke has anywhere near the same influence or connections.

But as you say let’s wait and see. Given DC’s tenure here it doesn’t fill me with confidence.

• Like 2

I imagine clubs around the world are involved in these type of partnership of debt/equity and asset management. The money involved is massive and whilst rewards aren't particularly huge, unless you're a player, the assets provide a great vehicle to secure loans against.

Just now, Ozymandias said:

Because this is SWFC, the natural reaction is this is something extremely shady, sinister and will ultimately turn out to be detrimental. We don’t know that will be the case. 

Right now we have no information, just because we don't, dosnt mean it's dodgy. 

Yet. 

Best wait and see, then make our minds up. 

• Like 2

I know I’m turning into a right old misery, but can’t imagine this new project having a happy ending.  The club needs a proper structure - once that’s in place, the individuals in question (SWFC employees) should take on full decision-making responsibility with the club's best interests at heart, rather than relying on 3rd parties.

The last couple of days have emphasised Chansiri’s complete inability to apply logical thought and common sense to the running of this football club.  I await the latest managerial appointment with interest and concern.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Because this is SWFC, the natural reaction is this is something extremely shady, sinister and will ultimately turn out to be detrimental. We don’t know that will be the case. 

100%

Nobody can say with any credibility anything either positive or negative at this stage

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Let’s be honest, if DC is involved it probs is. 

May not be. I think we’ve all been saying he needs help. The current ‘model’ hasn’t, isn’t and won’t work. Looks like he’s doing something to change things. 

So they work with dozens of clubs, but are shareholders in us only?  Makes no sense, or makes terrible sense.  Why do Wednesday not report this in a proactive manner rather than let journalists who are on Instagram to discover it?

I'm automatically suspicious of anything Chansiri, I'm automatically suspicious of anything third-party of things that can be done in-house with our control and accountability, like with Pearson and Co.  They are not just a third-party though, they're a third-party with direct interests in our rivals and our betters, clubs and players.

This smacks of a last roll of the dice, which may pay off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I’m sure DC will get round to explaining this to us rather than leaving fans to work it out from twitter. 

FFS. He honestly treats us with contempt. 

I think it's cultural, rather than sheer contempt. He'll be used to being treated with reverence rather than being questioned and criticised.

Since his inauguration by the two women at York in 2015, to the fans' forums and late night OS Dear John letters, he's just struggled to come to terms with the English football fans cultural. That's why he should have employed and left the comms to an English-based Board Director.  

• Like 1

Just now, Animis said:

I think it's cultural, rather than sheer contempt. He'll be used to being treated with reverence rather than being questioned and criticised.

Since his inauguration by the two women at York in 2015, to the fans' forums and late night OS Dear John letters, he's just struggled to come to terms with the English football fans cultural. That's why he should have employed and left the comms to an English-based Board Director.  

He has a whole department of Comms at SWFC

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He has a whole department of Comms at SWFC

I don't mean to take notes, I mean to discuss and agree strategic direction and communicate that positively. Some 9-5 manager at Hillsborough ain't going do that.

Looks promising on paper. I’d feel a lot more confident if we actually got an explanation though. Doyen from the start has been very dodgy so I’d like DC to be open and say ‘we’ve brought these guys on board to help with recruitment as they have a large pool of players’ if we got something like that it would certainly relax a lot of people.