Next manager odds

2 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

It’s all a bit pedantic though isn’t it. He’s still massively odds on compared to anybody else!

You asked the question pal. I answered it for you. He's not massively odds on, were he to go 1/10 then that'd just about be a done deal and someone would know something. 

2 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

You asked the question pal. I answered it for you. He's not massively odds on, were he to go 1/10 then that'd just about be a done deal and someone would know something. 

Fair enough, but I meant compared to the rest. I think the inference by Jim that his odds were on the slide was what I was questioning. Theyve just moved slightly that’s all. 

7 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

What do you mean drifting? He’s come down to 2/5 on with Skybet 

Look on Oddschecker. The box is pink. It means his price is drifting but as I said he remains a strong favourite with PP. Personally I don’t think it means much now. NT is probably going to get the next 2 games. He picks up at least 4 points, I suspect it’s his job for the rest of the season?

48 minutes ago, Jim said:

Look on Oddschecker. The box is pink. It means his price is drifting but as I said he remains a strong favourite with PP. Personally I don’t think it means much now. NT is probably going to get the next 2 games. He picks up at least 4 points, I suspect it’s his job for the rest of the season?

I really hope that's not the plan.

If results don't go our way, we'll have robbed any incoming manager of the chance to pick up points against two of the Championship's weaker sides, and pushed ourselves deeper into the mire in the process.

More importantly, we need any new manager in to guide our recruitment in this vital window. Allowing another couple of weeks to pass without formulating a clear system to which our recruitment team are working could be the final nail in our coffin.

I really hope Chansiri doesn't get this wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

How can be bring in any players until the manager is sorted? Depending on who we get could influence the type of player we will target. 

We already saw how the players couldn’t adapt to Pulis’ hoof ball so it’s imperative we sort the manager situation out quickly so the right players can be brought in. 

I think you could also argue they wouldn't.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, striker said:

Whoever it is, today is the day a competent club would announce an appointment. Last chance to give the manager opportunity to prepare for the next game. 

If it was going to be Cook I think it would have been done a few days ago to give him a whole weeks training with the players. It tells me we are looking at other options.

Guest domSWFC

Sol Campbell now rapidly dropped to odds on favourite at 1/4 on most sites 

Worrying signs if true. 

Thankfully I'm lying. 

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

More importantly, we need any new manager in to guide our recruitment in this vital window. Allowing another couple of weeks to pass without formulating a clear system to which our recruitment team are working could be the final nail in our coffin.

I don't entirely disagree but assuming it takes a week or two of training and matches for a new manager to know what he's got at his disposal and to make a good assessment of the players he will need to bring in then we're pretty much out of window time already anyway.

Only way we get the right players in this window is if Thompson and Bullen etc are working with other staff behind the scenes to get deals done. Either that or a manager hoping to come in already having spoken to players he's worked with in the past about the possibility of joining too.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jim said:

Cook’s 1/7 with Paddy Power but his odds are drifting with both SkyBet and BetVictor.

Paddy Power had best price about him.

That sudden change indicates they have heard something or somebody has had large bet which skewed books.

Interesting to watch other prices tomorrow.

• Thanks 1