Next manager odds

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That's my worry, too.

I know there are no guarantees on football, but sticking with Thompson feels like it would be a massive and unnecessary gamble, which, should it backfire, would almost certainly see us relegated to League One.

I'd rather back a more proven manager, myself.

My worry is that we stick with Thompson for these next two crucial games, and if results go against us, we've blown our best chance of staying up before the new man even gets through the door.

Thats the gamble, could just as easily employ Cook and still lose the next couple. I’ve no problem with DC taking his time if it means getting the right guy in. Although our next two games are classed as winnable our season won’t hinge on them win or lose, still a long way to go.

What would frustrate me was if Chansiri was buying time until ends of the window  just to employ Thompson anyway when it could’ve been done much earlier. Bit like when he hired Monk after waiting two months of season when he’s been unemployed and available all along.

If he’s your man get him in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quist said:

had £10 on Cook at 16-1 ay outset of betting just for fun had no prior knowledge. I do not bet heavy on football.

Yeah, I think that's a normal bet regards manager betting. They do look out for betting patterns though even on small bets.

No idea what the max stake would be for an average punter with an account with skybet or similar..prob £65 ish.

Once had, an 'expert mate' with info at sheff dogs...usually only on bags meetings🤫

First couple of bets, anything I wanted within reason, £300 - £500..no prob.

3rd time sorry, you can only have £25 and at sp...kin ell and that was in the shops.

I don't bother at all now with anything but football, best for me has always been 1st and 2nd div in England.

I do back us and against us occaionally but nothing big.

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Yeah, I think that's a normal bet regards manager betting. They do look out for betting patterns though even on small bets.

No idea what the max stake would be for an average punter with an account with skybet or similar..prob £65 ish.

Once had, an 'expert mate' with info at sheff dogs...usually only on bags meetings🤫

First couple of bets, anything I wanted within reason, £300 - £500..no prob.

3rd time sorry, you can only have £25 and at sp...kin ell and that was in the shops.

I don't bother at all now with anything but football, best for me has always been 1st and 2nd div in England.

I do back us and against us occaionally but nothing big.

Horse racing flat only have150 to 200 bets a year in good year. Last year a lot less. I have relationship with bookie where if I have a bet 3 hours before off can get decent money at reasonable price.

I find return on football consistent but small I do not do doubles trebles. Therefore not worth while. If you lose consistently most bookies will let you put fortune on. have a couple of good wins all changes. 

To be fair these special markets incredibly volatile as bookies realise they could be lined up so anything resembles a pattern they react. 

Having eccentric Chairman where anything possible probably makes them even more nervous. 

2 hours ago, Hookowl said:

Just tried £500 on Cook with skybet seemed as though they would accept it 

7E3698DE-B4A2-4B05-BF06-D9EFB0F9E6B9.jpeg

If they know who you are after a this bet market would go into a spin as they would think you were in know.

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

If they know who you are after a this bet market would go into a spin as they would think you were in know.

I have an account with them and don't usually bet big, there was an exception last week when I put £200 on a 12/1 tip I'd been given which won but that was a one off.

I just tried that £500 bet to see what would happen and it seemed to be accepted, didn't carry on with it though.

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, Quist said:

I find return on football consistent but small I do not do doubles trebles

I tend to have large perms, any 3 from 7 or similar..it's a bit of a pain working out potentials...3 correct accept a small loss..4 correct a small win, 5 correct a decent return..etc.

I think the piggies will win tonight, bruce under big pressure...and newcastle are poor.

Will wait for teams announced first..if  I think resonable chance I will back the dark side for 50 or so and maybe a saver on the draw...or draw no bet...will wait and see.

Can't see newcastle winning..but they will be favs.

Keane drifted to 6/1 joint

2nd Fav with Coleman.   Cook 2/5 still.  

think a lot would have backed Cook ( I hope he gets it)  because they want him and know he would want the job.  He’s been on the panel at games recently giving the massive statement.

Quite right he’s Fav in the betting IMO.

if I was going to have a £10 value bet I’d be going for a foreigner already mentioned

One out of the three below 

Weiler 20/1

Fink 20/1

Jemez 14/1

Weiler probably the one I’d go for out of the 3. 

• Thanks 1

The only reason we’d appoint Coleman is if Chansiri has lumped on for us to get relegated.

*Chansiri, if you have, please make sure you run this through the accounts to reflect it was this season . Might be difficult to claim the winnings came from a different season where we didn’t actually get relegated 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Bing Cosby said:

My feeling is Chansiri has conducted his interviews and is sitting on his hands seeing how the next couple of fixtures work out. 

We have seen a big up lift in results since Pulis left (if not particularly in performances), and it's my feeling that he doesn't want to rock the boat or jump into giving a hefty contract to someone, when we could stay up with Thompson.

I'm not saying in any way I think this is a prudent position, particularly considering the ever shortening transfer window, it's just how I reckon he's thinking.

Bit like he did with Bullen, until Preston away

31 minutes ago, vulva said:

Everyone we’ve been linked to is out of work. Why is this taking so long. We are in danger of having no manager for longer that the last manager was in a job. That has to be some kind of record. 

Perhaps Chansiri is waiting for someone better to become out of work.

32 minutes ago, vulva said:

Everyone we’ve been linked to is out of work. Why is this taking so long. We are in danger of having no manager for longer that the last manager was in a job. That has to be some kind of record. 

I genuinely believe that the owner/advisors have overlooked the covid isolation rules and the new Brexit laws and have now had to revaluated the list of candidates, fortunately Thompson has bought them a little time 

11 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

I genuinely believe that the owner/advisors have overlooked the covid isolation rules and the new Brexit laws and have now had to revaluated the list of candidates, fortunately Thompson has bought them a little time 

It's not like DCs main adviser is from the EU or anything, so couldn't be expected to know that