Next manager odds

4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

I would think that's about the only thing that can't be truthfully said about him.

What that he doesn't care?

Show me some evidence that he does? All he has done is be irresponsible with the finances, get us in a right pickle. THEN to top it off... blames us fans for now spending enough.

Absolute fraud. 

2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

It's not like DCs main adviser is from the EU or anything, so couldn't be expected to know that

I know they are but it just something i believe, i think they had a list of candidates and I don't think there was any British managers on them,

now i think they've now had to interviews and create a list of domestic managers 

I think its more the Covid rules then Brexit and Like I said Thompson has bought them time and maybe Chansiri is hoping Thompson can continue his good work until such time the covid restrictions are lifted or the person has done his test 72 hours before arriving in the country/ quarantine and he can appoint his number one target 

3 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

What that he doesn't care?

Show me some evidence that he does? All he has done is be irresponsible with the finances, get us in a right pickle. THEN to top it off... blames us fans for now spending enough.

Absolute fraud. 

Show me anyone who has spent that amount of money on a project and doesn't care what happens to his investment?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

I know they are but it just something i believe, i think they had a list of candidates and I don't think there was any British managers on them,

now i think they've now had to interviews and create a list of domestic managers 

I think its more the Covid rules then Brexit and Like I said Thompson has bought them time and maybe Chansiri is hoping Thompson can continue his good work until such time the covid restrictions are lifted or the person has done his test 72 hours before arriving in the country/ quarantine and he can appoint his number one target 

Who knows with this chairman's decision making....there is also a risk of a total ban on international travel to consider

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Show me anyone who has spent that amount of money on a project and doesn't care what happens to his investment?

He's given up. You can see it in him when he talks.

Only reason he is still here is because no one can match his unrealistic valuation of the club.

He did care, but the harsh reality has hit home and he has given up.

If you cannot see that then you really are naïve. 

4 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

He's given up. You can see it in him when he talks.

Only reason he is still here is because no one can match his unrealistic valuation of the club.

He did care, but the harsh reality has hit home and he has given up.

If you cannot see that then you really are naïve. 

I would be naive if I believed that he didn't care about losing possibly the majority of his wealth.

Being irresponsible with your money or making mistakes with your investments might mean you are foolish or incompetent, but it doesn't mean you don't care.

• Like 1

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that his first choice is isolating etc due to Covid. Refuse to accept after all this time we don’t have a preferred option.

If not, it’s ridiculous for a club in our position to firstly sack a manager without a plan, and secondly not make a decisive appointment. 

Our position in the league and the transfer window required swift action. Pulis was sacked nearly 3 weeks ago, and DC probably knew this was a possibility for the 2 weeks previous.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

It's not like DCs main adviser is from the EU or anything, so couldn't be expected to know that

Well everybody in right mind knew we did not have players who were commensurate with his playing style and there was not a hope in hell he would get on with DC after issues at previous clubs. However we were told he was advisors best mate.

In view of this it would not surprise me. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, vulva said:

It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that his first choice is isolating etc due to Covid. Refuse to accept after all this time we don’t have a preferred option.

If not, it’s ridiculous for a club in our position to firstly sack a manager without a plan, and secondly not make a decisive appointment. 

Our position in the league and the transfer window required swift action. Pulis was sacked nearly 3 weeks ago, and DC probably knew this was a possibility for the 2 weeks previous.  

Still think the length of the deal we are offering is the big sticking point. Not many decent managers going to commit to 5 months especially if foreign and uprooting to a new country especially in these times when football could be curtailed at any time.