Next manager odds

21 minutes ago, Jim said:

Did Strudwick work with Wales when Coleman was Manager?

I would have thought it more likely Giggs brought him in. He was with Man Utd until at least 2015 which was 3 years after Coleman started Welsh job. He had also been England fitness coach at same time as Coleman was Welsh manager. Van Gaal stopped him doing two jobs. 

Think his name on list more down to Advisors. We are often linked to Sunderland players and ex managers.

19 minutes ago, Brian said:

Now that Coleman's back in the spotlight, is there anyone left from the usual rogues' gallery - besides Rowett since he parked up at Millwall - who hasn't returned this time around?  We've had everyone back it seems, from Cowley to Tekke, to Nilsson.  Has Carbone declared his interest yet?

Dont shout it but a very small Italian. Exceptional player hopeless manager.

Rowett has been in list but outsider.

24 minutes ago, Quist said:

I find this really amusing. Cook is now 10-11 to take over at Blades and second favourite in this market is Coleman at 2-1. Lee Bullen is also quoted and several other strange names who are in our list. Very obviously their agents are working over time to try and get them in work. For Coleman to be 2nd favourite on both is biggest laugh this century and he has absolutely nothing to recommend him.

Odds lists are odd, especially ours but not as odd as our odd shortlists, appointments and schemes. I wouldn't read too much into it. Till it's known or done, who knows who'll get the job, though it'll probably be odd because everything to do with Wednesday these days feels odd 🙈:duntmatter::ghoulguy:

1974-Odds-and-Sods.jpg.1c4690502e7078b4d4e4b89f7fc9b2d7.jpg

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

Dont shout it but a very small Italian. Exceptional player hopeless manager.

Rowett has been in list but outsider.

Rowett was on the list again?!  I shouldn't be surprised, of course.  Weirdly, I'm kind of relieved that he hasn't been left out.  

• Like 1

Don’t think Hillsborough will be exotic enough for the perma-tanned Coleman, judging by his comments last summer. 

"We are going to wait this out until this virus thing has finished," Coleman told Switchbox TV.

"If we can, we will try and go abroad again if we can. We loved the experience and I have done it before anyway before I met Charlotte [his wife].

"Charlotte came to China with the two little ones so we love going abroad. That is if we can go abroad again, that is what we will look to do“

Done nothing in club management for years, so no thanks. 

I know Chris Coleman was interviewed before Monk got the job,   Has he been out since he left Sunderland now ?  

Suspect it speaks volumes that he’s not had a chance anywhere else 

42 minutes ago, Quist said:

I find this really amusing. Cook is now 10-11 to take over at Blades and second favourite in this market is Coleman at 2-1. Lee Bullen is also quoted and several other strange names who are in our list. Very obviously their agents are working over time to try and get them in work. For Coleman to be 2nd favourite on both is biggest laugh this century and he has absolutely nothing to recommend him.

I reckon Mrs Coleman has had a wager on Chris, to try & get him out of the house! Having seen her though, I can understand his reluctance to work away from home. 😍

Maybe Chris is chucking money at Paul Cook getting either job! 

Just now, Jim said:

I hope you’re joking? Another Monk style appointment IMO.

I’m hoping he will have a Dyche/Wilder effect on our club, rather than a Monk/Pulis.   But only time will tell. 

The players he’s allowed to sign this month will be key 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jim said:

I hope you’re joking? Another Monk style appointment IMO.

In what way is appointing Cook anything like appointing Monk or Pulis? Firstly Monk had no promotions or play off's on his CV and Cook's style of football is more attacking than Monk's and Pulis'. I don't see any parallels with Cook and either previous appointment to be honest. 

• Like 6