Next manager odds

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I also heard a whisper last night, might just be agents throwing names around at this point 

Nixon reckons 5 on short list and implying that they are all foreign.

Don't know what idiots are wasting their money on Joey Barton lol

Like sound of this chap from little there is on him, managed Anderlecht in champions League and seems to favour positive football, if not the mad approach of paci

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

There is very little between top 6 in the championship and bottom 6 in the prem.

As proven, with norwich, fulham, bournmouth, watford, west brom, brighton etc.

United are not anywhere near any of them.

If there was any hope for them they would be competing to stay up, or at the very least an outside chance.

Suppose we will have to wait and see, my feeling is they will struggle in the championship maybe mid table. Or not beyond the realms of possibility free fall.

They will have the advantage of parachute payments and may come good but not with Wilder in charge imho

You've hit the nail on the head mostly.

Teams like you mention have been become yo-yo clubs and year on year benefit from phased parachute/promotion payments.

That's what sets the apart from the rest of the championship, except as you say, the odd ones that go into free fall.

As much as it grieves me to say it but I think if they keep a core of what they currently have and spend wisely. they'll be a force again next year in the championship. Wether that be with Wilder remains to be seen. 

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

Would have to differ.

DC would like a Barton type..if he has indeed interviewed him, he has a good chance.

He is argumentative ill disciplined and headstrong. DC does not want that type of bloke at all I would say just the opposite.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Rene Weiler sounds an interesting choice 

Hmmm, let me see. Managing in Egypt but leaves because he can't see his family because of covis restictions. Has the chance of coming to the UK, the covid capital of the world where a new virulent strain is infecting tens of thousands of people every day and where hospitals are overflowing.

Could come here and maybe not see his family for a while or bring his family with him.

Can't see it myself. Nothing to do with the team, owner or our position though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

Has the chance of coming to the UK, the covid capital of the world where a new virulent strain is infecting tens of thousands of people every day and where hospitals are overflowing.

The new strain was identified by UK scientist and almost certainly didn't originate from here...not blaming foreign managers btw 🙂

I reckon we will end up with Thompson and Bullen until the end of the season for a multitude of reasons already listed by people.

Fine with that, as long as we make a proper appointment in May/June and give the squad an uninterrupted pre season for the first time in 3 years.

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

The new strain was identified by UK scientist and almost certainly didn't originate from here...not blaming foreign managers btw 🙂

I've no idea where it came from but it's here and becoming the dominant strain. None of that really matters though, all he needs to do is read the papers or see the TV and he will decide now is not the time.

1 minute ago, Mystic Neg said:

I reckon we will end up with Thompson and Bullen until the end of the season for a multitude of reasons already listed by people.

Fine with that, as long as we make a proper appointment in May/June and give the squad an uninterrupted pre season for the first time in 3 years.

I wouldn't be against that idea but I would like the new appointment at the back end of the season if we have nothing to play for by then. So the new manager has time to assess the squad in competitive matches.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, prowl said:

I've no idea where it came from but it's here

South Africa, we are ahead of the curve, Italy, France etc are just seeing it now..

Germany are now having major probs...extending lockdown.

No matter, just pointing out the whole world is in big shitt