Jordan Rhodes

Rhodes is a confidence player if anyone is.. it doesn't work if he's in and out inside 4-5 games. I expect Pulis to give him a fair chance and probably better suited tactics too, so it's only up to him. It is a fact that we just don't have too many of those strikers.

• Love 1

I expect Pulis has taken a look at his striker options, taken Rhodes to one side and said you are in until Christmas. 

He’s a confidence player. If he gets off to a good start under Pulis it’ll be like signing a new top Championship player without adding to the wage Bill.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Monk was so bad.

Absolutely nonsense to have a '4 day build up to a game'

We've basically had 3 or 4 games where that's been possible

Saturday

Tuesday

Saturday

Wednesday

Sunday

Saturday

INTERNATIONAL BREAK

Saturday

Wednesday

Saturday

Wednesday

Saturday

Tuesday

Saturday

INTERNATIONAL BREAK

It’s starting to drip out how bad he actually was.

Horrendous manager. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Bruce never had Rhodes as an option due to him being out on Loan at Norwich.

Otherwise I think he would’ve played him?

Pulis probably has a similar mindset to Bruce so I expect him to get a chance. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility as has already been said that the likes of Westwood, Lees and Rhodes will come to the fore for the rest of the season. If they do then we’ll do very well between now and the end of the season.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Bruce never had Rhodes as an option due to him being out on Loan at Norwich.

Otherwise I think he would’ve played him?

Pulis probably has a similar mindset to Bruce so I expect him to get a chance. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility as has already been said that the likes of Westwood, Lees and Rhodes will come to the fore for the rest of the season. If they do then we’ll do very well between now and the end of the season.

Think your right with Bruce. Seem to remember him saying in the press we have a goalscorer but he’s a Norwich.

Funnily enough Pulis tried to sign him at Palace but came out and said they couldn’t afford him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A run of games (full 90 minutes), also a more direct approach may have an impact (hoping), his work off the ball (tracking back),

lack of pace works against him, but if Mr Pulis just wants him up top full time, then it may give us that 20 goal a 

Season striker, for once, JUST ONCE, could we have a bit of luck for a change and Rhodes becomes that player we need.

Good luck Jordan.

• Like 6
  • Love 1