Jordan Rhodes

On 26/11/2020 at 08:58, billyblack said:

I cant. There arent any. Which strikers came and went in his time here that were better than him?

Niuhu  &    Lucas 's goals kept us in the Championship when t mattered,thats why..unlike JR who i my view has allegedly offered nothing

Just now, Hookowl said:

What I'm saying is just because a player is in a team that wins doesn't mean he is a good player or he has performed well.

Said player could stand still all game and the team still win but he wouldn't have contributed to it.

Of course that’s true for a game or two. That’s why it’s important to look at every game over a longish period.

It really is quite stark. If you genuinely want to see whether the team is more or less successful with Rhodes starting, take a look at every result last season and this. You will be surprised.

Now of course, we might have done better in the games he played had he sat out, and we might have done worse in the games he sat out if he’d started, but it’s highly unlikely.

And bear in mind what we are talking about here (well I am anyway). Is our team more likely to succeed with or without Rhodes starting? 

I’ll say again...he isn’t very good. That’s an understatement. But he’s the best of a bad bunch until at least January 2nd.

4 hours ago, Hookowl said:

What I'm saying is just because a player is in a team that wins doesn't mean he is a good player or he has performed well.

Said player could stand still all game and the team still win but he wouldn't have contributed to it.

We could have Messi in this team all season and the win ratio would be less that he achieved at previous clubs.

Would that be Messi’s fault.

When the team played well under Monk last year, what was Rhodes contribution. 

The flash in the pan at the city ground skews all the stats. Take that away and what did he contribute. 

All I can genuinely remember is him coming on against Barnsley at home after Fletcher had run their centre halves ragged for 75 mins. 

He looked slow and laboured, had a 1 on 1 with the keeper, didn’t score. I’m sure he’ll have had more positive contributions, clearly I missed them.

• Like 2