Chansiri wants to scrap season tickets - thoughts?

I don’t think he’s thought this through. In fact it’s just another of his hair brained schemes.

We ought to be paying a couple of quid a game based on this but we all know there would be a limit on the low price and no limit on the high one.

I honestly don’t know where he dreams this sh!t up.

Pick a handful of well run clubs (there are plenty) Cherry pick the things they do best and copy the f@ck out of it.......

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 1

I actually quite like that idea.

P1,2 - £40
3,4,5,6 - £35
7,8,9,10 - £25
11 - 20 - £20
20 - 23 - £15
24 - £10 

Cup games Early round - £20
Cup games past 5th round - £40

- Still allow seasons tickets.
- Encourages bigger crowds when we need them
- Rewards season ticket holders if we are at the top
- ST holders can't complain if we are giving tickets away cheap, ST tickets are optional

Bracing for tough feedback...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I actually have a question on this one that's just popped into my (superior) brain

how would this scheme work?

Would he be charging fans on the way IN or the way OUT of games ?

Charge extra to leave at half time and we would make a bloody fortune.  :tango:

38 minutes ago, BowOwl said:

I actually quite like that idea.

P1,2 - £40
3,4,5,6 - £35
7,8,9,10 - £25
11 - 20 - £20
20 - 23 - £15
24 - £10 

Cup games Early round - £20
Cup games past 5th round - £40

- Still allow seasons tickets.
- Encourages bigger crowds when we need them
- Rewards season ticket holders if we are at the top
- ST holders can't complain if we are giving tickets away cheap, ST tickets are optional

Bracing for tough feedback...

That's good if you're still having season tickets, but there's no way we'd have £40 tickets if we're top of the league.   More like £60, and everything else scaled up. 

What about having season tickets at present price. What if club refunds certain amount depending on the final league position. 

This encourages people to take a chance on a season ticket and encourages financially the club to provide the best possible spectacle. I just brain storming. Just as I think dc was. I might be able to come up with something better. 

Thing is with season tickets you get a guaranteed seat in the same place every match. I like where we sit (right behind the goals on the Kop) and the hassle of finding your seat for each match is not something that I would like to do.

Over the years, we have got to know the folks who sit around us and the banter is part of the match day experience.

What might be better is to consider the American model whereby you "buy" the seat and either pay extra for the  match ticket  each week or the club sells your ticket on (for a  modest cut, of course) if you don't want to take up your seat for that particular match. In the US, the club resells the seat not the local tout, so the money stays with the club and/or the season ticket holder.

Ok, so when Mr Chansiri first arrived he pushed season tickets sales to the point loads of POTG folk were priced out.

Now, he's come up with the idea of scrapping season tickets and charging per game based on how well we are doing?

Under this new idea;

• How will we set out our budget for the season given we'd start August with £0 from ticket sales and the unpredictable nature of football results and form would make it impossible to forecast ticket revenue?
  • How well we are doing is surely down to opinion. If our first 3 fixtures are the teams just up from League One, picking up 7 points would be "ok" in my opinion, but it would probably have us falsely at the top of the league. Would we then be charged top dollar, say £40, on a Tuesday night vs Millwall? Cos we'd get a record low crowd - and revenue!
  • What impact will this have on the players - the added pressure to win games and be in form just to get the books to balance? And how would they react being top of the league, only to walk out of the tunnel and see about 13,000 hardcore on a 40,000 stadium on a wet Tuesday night vs Millwall cos it's £40 a head for a ticket?

In fact, I'm not wasting my time continuing to type cos it's bonkers!

How much would away supporters pay?  Presumably charge 'em more when we are performing badly 'cos they will be expected to win?

Think of the extra admin involved in paying for each match, once the next game price was known.

For home fans -

Sell everyone a ticket at a fixed price then refund an amount at end of season depending on team's final league position and number of games attended by ST holder?

• Like 1

On 05/11/2020 at 17:03, @owlstalk said:

I actually have a question on this one that's just popped into my (superior) brain

how would this scheme work?

Would he be charging fans on the way IN or the way OUT of games ?

Get rid of all the turn style operators and have an Honesty bucket, that would work well with our lot.