Chansiri wants to scrap season tickets - thoughts?

I can see why he's saying this. He set prices at top of the table levels and now we are locked into that price structure.

He rightly gets criticism for continuing to charge high prices for a poor product but he has no way of lowering them with so many locked into multi year deals.

By the way this isnt me defending any of the above or suggesting scrapping season tickets would make sense. Just that I can understand why Chansiri might think that way.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I actually have a question on this one that's just popped into my (superior) brain

how would this scheme work?

Would he be charging fans on the way IN or the way OUT of games ?

The way we've been played for fools to date, a fiver to get in and fifty to get out is the most likely outcome!

• Haha 1

Although I don't think this would work, I do think there is room to be somewhat more flexible with ticketing.

I buy a season ticket every year, but know I'm unable to get to most midweek games.  A weekend season ticket would be perfect for me, but its not an option.  As I use the wheelchair spaces, it's worth me buying a full season ticket, as one off tickets are hard to come by. So although some of his ideas can seem a bit harebrained I do think there is room for some new ticketing schemes.
I still think you need some element of forecastability in your pricing though, how can you set a budget if you think we're going to be trying for playoffs but we're scrapping at the bottom, you'd have over estimated horribly.  Likewise, you could do great if you think we'll be crap but do better than expected.

Guest Jack the Hat

It’s a great idea. Simple supply and demand. Why pay the same price for a ticket to watch us play an irrelevant home game when it is half full then have us queue up around the block for- say the Brighton match. I would pay 20 quid to watch us now but I’d easily pay 80 for a big game and so would most people and it would still be full because when we do well we come out in BIG numbers. The Wycombe game in league 1 - double the prices it’s still full.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I actually have a question on this one that's just popped into my (superior) brain

how would this scheme work?

Would he be charging fans on the way IN or the way OUT of games ?

I'm only paying per goal scored 

• Haha 2

Guest Jack the Hat
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think he thought that when he first arrived mate

That’s true. Anyhow, have you bought my book yet ?

Guest Jack the Hat
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I haven't yet

lol

I will do though - even though I never ever read any books!

It’s really good if you have a table that wobbles. 

It is an interesting concept because it would be interesting to know the quantum of season ticket holders in the early 80s. We would get 15k fans one match and 33k the next when we played a top side