Chansiri wants to scrap season tickets - thoughts?

On 05/11/2020 at 21:09, slinger208b said:

I dont think the prices paid now are a base line, it's just about the idea of the prices changing based on the performance...

Yes pal. I get this but if you’re paying up front fora show you’ve not seen and your support improves the show , surely you are of value? 
football fans are part of the owner’s product and at the same time part of his market. The lower down the leagues you go the more important fans become . They’re a bigger part of the revenue stream. 

On 05/11/2020 at 22:40, Therealrealist said:

It wud be kinda fun on here if he did scrap st’s...seein all the im allright jack tightwad season ticket holders who constantly say our prices are great...suddenly have to pay the same as us opted merchants...39 quid etc

Shall I pay £39 for me, £25 for my lay-about student son and £15 for my toddler or shall I sit at home while they entertain themselves and spend the £80 on 4 crates of Stella?

39 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

If DC ever went on The Apprentice, he'd be fired before the first episode had been filmed.

Funnily enough he went on Dragons' Den last year.

Peter Jones: "So, let's get into the numbers. Have you turned a profit?"
DC: "Yes, thanks to our shrewd business dealings, we posted a tidy profit in 2018, or 2019, depending on whom you ask"

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

Funnily enough he went on Dragons' Den last year.

Peter Jones: "So, let's get into the numbers. Have you turned a profit?"
DC: "Yes, thanks to our shrewd business dealings, we posted a tidy profit in 2018, or 2019, depending on whom you ask"

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Chansiri doesn't believe in season tickets but he apparently believes in tradition.

So why did he change our colours to Ipswich kit?

And why did he sell 3 and 5 year season tickets?

I was happy with POTG until he put the prices up. 

I've now got used to watching us on ifollow for £10.  Saves me loads of petrol money.   

Last season was the first time since 1958 that I didn't see any league matches at Hillsborough.   And it didn't bother me.  There's life outside football.   Will be interesting to see what crowds we get when we can go back.  Well under 20k is my guess.  

• Like 2

We've been getting well under 20000 for ages. Just adds on the non attender S/T holders and freebies. Hate it when I go to the match when there's about 15/16000 in the ground and the "official"

attendance comes up at 21/23000. I think every team should show the attendances of people who actually go to the games. Apparently Man City are one of the worst offenders.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

We've been getting well under 20000 for ages. Just adds on the non attender S/T holders and freebies. Hate it when I go to the match when there's about 15/16000 in the ground and the "official"

attendance comes up at 21/23000. I think every team should show the attendances of people who actually go to the games. Apparently Man City are one of the worst offenders.

TBF all clubs attendance figures include their total number of season ticket holders. 

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but the title of the thread is a bit click-baity, isn't it? A bit surprising given who the OP is!

lol

Does DC actually say he wants to scrap season tickets, or is he just opining that in principle he's not a fan of them? I suspect it's the latter. Consider how he's also not a fan of FFP, that doesn't mean he just doesn't follow the rules. Oh, wait...

Edited by bobness

On 05/11/2020 at 16:50, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-11-05 at 16.50.12.jpg

MASSIVE red flag for fans....in my view Season tickets are the only (marginally) affordable way for fans to support their team....looking at the current pay on the day prices,and a possible 'new' pricing structure....GULP....Anyone think this would be anything but more pain for long suffering fans??

Guest Hornsby

Again, why not do Derby's Ryanair model where you pay according to scarcity.

Early bookers would get on Kop for a £5 , ground nearly full, more merchandise and  booze, grub sales etc.

Equally, Blades at home next year may cost late buyers £100 for a South Stand seat. 

But not many of those games for a few years.