Venancio?

Guest hirstysfags

8 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Does it matter who suggests a player as long as they're decent?

According to Chansiri, it was him who recommended Forestieri, Bannan, João and Iorfa.

I would say it does matter when the recruitment policy has been as bad as ours has been.

• Like 1

We missed a trick not signing him the first time. 

Wouldn't be adverse to the prospect of bringing him back. Does make you wonder again how recruitment exactly works at the club, but as long as it's a good player then so be it. 

• Like 1

Probably one of the best things jos did in his first season was bring this lad in fro the cold of being ignored/overlooked by Carlos. 

Was beginning to really push on and settle in when his loan ended. 

Though the best memory of him for me was the 0-0 against the oinkers. 

His leadership came to the fore, he was talking, organising pointing, telling people to pick players up. Was outstanding. Just the sort of player we need, let Lees move on to pastures a new and get venancio in instead and there'd be no complaints from me. 

• Like 8

Be very happy with that. Good defender and seemed a leader too. Also appeared to be a strong character. 

I remember him scoring an own go and then apologising to the kop. Only player I've seen get a round of applause after scoring an own goal 

• Like 2

Tbf, we need some competition in that central area. 

Iorfa is someone you can build a backline around (though he has lapses). Lees has seen better days and I think Borner is quite overrated tbh. 

Venancio wouldn't be a bad option, assuming he's the same player that we had a few years back. 

Ultimately, beggars can't be choosers, so we are going to have to take a few punts on people. The lad at City is more of a gamble than bringing back Fred.