Venancio?

Guest hirstysfags

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Allows us to sell Tom Lees, I wonder?

Last year of his contract, so we get some cash in?

Sounds like a plan. Tbh, if we need a centre-half they ought to be left-sided now Fox has gone. If anything happens to Börner, we either unbalance the team and shift someone right to left, or turn to van Aken. 

Liked him but think we replaced him with Borner who is similar m. always felt we needed an old fashioned, no nonsense centre half who added some height and we still do. Various players have come up from the lower leagues and done ok without being excellent footballers. Shaun Morison, Sonny Bradley probably Charlie Goode next. 

I guess it’s a sign of what we are up against as he was brought in under tough circumstances last time too

34 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I would say it does matter when the recruitment policy has been as bad as ours has been.

And you know that this is entirely Paixao's fault, then?

The likes of Forestieri, Bannan, João and Iorfa were decent signings, in my opinion. Not sure whether he was also responsible for the likes of Abdi and Rhodes, though.

Guest The Claw
1 hour ago, Jim said:

We missed a trick not signing him when we got the chance.

This time round he's free of transfer fee

I wouldn’t be against signing Venancio and he wouldn’t break the bank looking at the teams he’s played for.

Can’t help but think we need a vocal leader at the back whether that’s in a 2 or a 3 and if we could get a bit of coin in for Lees then I still think we need 1 or 2 more in. A new leader or captain to sit in the middle (based on a back 3) and a young loanee to add cover for Iorfa.

Iorfa          NEW          Borner

NEW         Venancio    Van Aken

No shame in being in and out of a team playing in the Portuguese top league. 

He held down a starting place for the second half of this season. Don’t think we could turn our nose up at a 27 year old CB who plays against Sporting, Benfica and Braga!

Don’t get the love-in with Borner though. 

• Like 2