Venancio?

Guest hirstysfags

2 hours ago, vulva said:

For some reason I can’t remember him playing for us. 

He scored in front of the kop in the last match of the season when we thrashed Norwich and went chuffing berserk. That I do remember. I also remember our fans begging Chansiri to buy him for the next month or so, not knowing we were under a transfer embargo. Venancio really wanted to come as well. Think he was good mates with Pelupessy out of the players we still have. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bobowl said:

He was great. Didn't he used to go training with the lads, then got to the gym on his own after?

Our training under Carlos consisted of 5 press ups and a star jump.......but fair play to him for doing more. lol

47 minutes ago, Nando45 said:

This would just say that monk isn’t in control of who we sign 

The club operates with a recruitment team     headed up by David Downes, and Dean Hughes is a recruitment analysis 

Monk has an input , and Paxaio likely talks to agents and liaises with DC 

Chill out with the conspiracy theories every time there’s a rumoured signing and it’s not a player Garry Monk or any other manager knows inside out 

Debate wether it’s right or wrong but it’s  how the club operates, probably same as Huddersfield do, which is why Cowleys got boot 

Very rare nowadays that managers know every player they sign inside out. It’s not like the old days where they had time to go out and scout for players themselves. They employ people to do it for them and they feed back to the manager.

It’s no surprise that when a player of Venancio’s quality is available for nothing that it perks interest from his former clubs. If Murphy is going for free next summer we’d undoubtedly be in the queue, just like we are for Windass currently. 

2 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

He scored in front of the kop in the last match of the season when we thrashed Norwich and went chuffing berserk. That I do remember. I also remember our fans begging Chansiri to buy him for the next month or so, not knowing we were under a transfer embargo. Venancio really wanted to come as well. Think he was good mates with Pelupessy out of the players we still have. 

That's why we gave Pelupessy a new contract. 😁

• Like 1