Venancio?

Guest hirstysfags

From what I remember of Venancio, he seemed a solid ball playing centre back. He reminded me a bit of Borner before Borner and the teams form and confidence dipped. That said, if we can get Venancio back, he'd offer some decent competition for places, which we'll need if we play 3 centre backs next season.

I'd like us to be more balanced and to play players that suit how we set up. Iorfa is the key centre back for me, as he often had to use his pace to mop up at the back. I'd still like us to get another athletic centre back similar to Iorfa for better balance but we should have decent options at the back.

A midfield beast type of player I still think is needed, along with more pace out wide and our attacking options are worryingly threadbare at present, especially without the likes of Murphy and Fletcher. But I hope we will be more sensible off the pitch and more effective on the pitch, going forward with a more progressive long term direction. 

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Westfield Owl said:

Real shame Carvalhal kept this guy benched, unable to get a game instead of an ageing Loovens and a hapless Van Aken.

And there’s still fans on here that think the Poundland Mourinho was a good manager for us lol 

Didn’t Jo’s sign van amen?

13 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Loovens back in a coaching role too !! 

i know the above was said in jest, but always thought he would make a good coach. Think he guided Tom Lees very well when they played together and would be a good addition to the coaching staff and from all accounts well liked and respected.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BuckhurstOwl said:

i know the above was said in jest, but always thought he would make a good coach. Think he guided Tom Lees very well when they played together and would be a good addition to the coaching staff and from all accounts well liked and respected.

I agree mate I would bring him in if he would come in the newly revamped management team. 

After two years continuously scouting Portuguese matches, I’d be disappointed if the only one we could come up with was Venancio. We need to find another Lucas Joao, someone young, with a decent range of attributes. Didn’t cost a fortune, and although he never really fulfilled his promise here, we were still able to make a handsome profit on him

57 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I agree mate I would bring him in if he would come in the newly revamped management team. 

I mean if we are serious and Monk is here to stay the whole backroom staff needs a bit of a shake up, we know Monk wants Beattie, we need a defensive coach as we are playing 3 at the back, organisation and solidity is required and with the players at our disposal / people we have been linked with i think the formation suits.