Anyone calling for the managers head doesn't really get it

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Because we were way overperforming and getting lucky breaks whilst not particularly playing convincingly

Yes can see that in a few games but others I thought were well deserved. Created more chances, few times thought we could have kllled games off without the need for nervy endings. 

Just now, billyblack said:

You missed the most important one, DC

It's who buys the club and the price.

DC ain't getting his money back he's put into the club until we are in the premiership and the value sky rockets!

20 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont think many think sacking Monk is a magic wand to Wednesday's problems but I can see why many people feel changing manager is a good place to start.

Has worked so often, let's do it again 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I don’t understand this quality of the squad , who have we lost since Christmas when we were 3rd ? 

Your comment made me think of the Charlton away game. In that match I remember thinking how poor Charlton looked. We won 3-1, so some similarity to tonight.

this was our team - Dawson, Odubajo, Lees, Iorfa, Fox, Harris (Reach 80), Hutchinson (Luongo 77), Bannan, Forestieri (Murphy 46), Fletcher, Nuhiu

Only 4 who started that match started tonight. If Monk or his backroom staff are coaches then they’ve coached Dawson, Odabajo and Lees since then and I only see those players going backwards, as for the missing players, I think most teams at this level would miss Fletcher, Hutch, Fox (this seasons Fox) and Fessi. I reckon if they were available and Bruce were put in charge he’d be asking them to play, possibly along with Westwood. I agree most had to leave, but our succession planning and general treatment of players has possibly lead to players feeling alienated and the mess we are in now.

Id happily sell every single player we have if we were offered a reasonable fee and think we need to completely rebuild. Preferably a young, hungry, fit, fast team on low wages who could be our future in 2/3 years. I don’t think for 1 minute Monk is the right man to do that, but I don’t see Chansiri getting rid

• Like 2

Appointing a Director of Football would be a good start to solving the underlying issues at the club. 

Getting rid of Monk might satisfy a certain proportion of the fan base, but is akin to rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic, looking at the wider picture.

• Like 4

Guest Therealrealist
20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The quality of the squad, multiple embargoes, players not getting paid, EFL points deduction having over our heads, more first team masseurs than first team coaches etc etc etc etc 

I could go on

Yet Paul Cooke at Wigan gets his head down and him and the players keep gettin results..

Guest Ferkorf

16 points from the last 20 games.

Only Hull worse with 15 points.

Lets hope we don't get a points deduction.

Rotten to the core, is what we currently are.

Monk may be a poor manager, but there is so much else wrong at the moment.

A perfect storm unfortunately, and we really could be in the brown stuff by the end of this week.

In any case, we have a massive re-build on our hands. I am fairly sure Monk isn't the man to do this; we need a manager who will crawl over glass to take us forward. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Under Bruce we were going in the right direction, under Monk even without a points deduction we are going downwards. That speaks more than anything.

There are few managers like Bruce, but there are plenty like Monk. And without a budget or assistant, the Monks of this world  more likely to struggle than be classed as successful.

Anyone thinking axing Monk will cure this club will be sorely disappointed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Yet Paul Cooke at Wigan gets his head down and him and the players keep gettin results..

But that’s Paul Cook isn’t it? That’s his character, when you employ him that’s what you get.

Its like comparing apples with oranges. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Furious George said:

Well, if you count a play off final loss, followed by a play off semi final loss as a success, then one of us needs to work out the definition of failure.

2 minutes ago, Furious George said:

Well, if you count a play off final loss, followed by a play off semi final loss as a success, then one of us needs to work out the definition of failure.

Well if that’s so !..Carlos failed by the definition of being a weak manager, a mean who actually signed Jordan Rhodes? the fans? Did we actually need him? Would people like Bruce or Ron Atkinson put up with chairmen  or other people in and around the club sticking their nose into how they influenced team, Carlos probably had the most money a Wednesday manager had to spend probably since David Pleat and he, was blessed and failed, trouble is chansiri surrounded himself with vultures from the start and now where paying the price. 

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Appointing a Director of Football would be a good start to solving the underlying issues at the club. 

Getting rid of Monk might satisfy a certain proportion of the fan base, but is akin to rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic, looking at the wider picture.

No deckchairs were reserved for Monk

so do us all a favour and resign - if you had any backbone you would 

1 minute ago, Icehockeyhair98 said:

Well if that’s so !..Carlos failed by the definition of being a weak manager, a mean who actually signed Jordan Rhodes? the fans? Did we actually need him? Would people like Bruce or Ron Atkinson put up with chairmen  or other people in and around the club sticking their nose into how they influenced team, Carlos probably had the most money a Wednesday manager had to spend probably since David Pleat and he, was blessed and failed, trouble is chansiri surrounded himself with vultures from the start and now where paying the price. 

Weirdly, after reading that spaghetti bolognese of words, we agree. I'm blaming the chairman, but in your words Carlos had more money to spend than any manager in Wednesday history... And failed.

David Pleat was never blessed, unless he payed £20 for it down Trippet Lane

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont think many think sacking Monk is a magic wand to Wednesday's problems but I can see why many people feel changing manager is a good place to start.

It's the default position for supporters though isn't it and doesn't require any kind of foresight? Sometimes they're right, but more often they're wrong.

I can only use my intuition about the situation but my feeling is that things will get worse before they get better. We've got the EFL verdict which at this point could go either way, the leadership from the boardroom and it's motivations are a mystery, there are worrying signs about future financing, the P&S situation is grim, our squad is low on inspiration or depth, the uncertainty will make recruitment a challenge, the budget is probably limited for a decent rebuild anyway and the whole club just seems to be mired in depression.

25 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Under Bruce we were going in the right direction, under Monk even without a points deduction we are going downwards. That speaks more than anything.

Were we? It was only 18 games I think, so difficult to make any long term judgements, but after a good unbeaten spell to start with, our results declined to be merely average as we ended the season W3 D3 L3. 

13 minutes ago, Frazzlebeak said:

You didn’t at the time :Chansiri:

Plenty of us remarked that we were fortunate to be third at the time.