Anyone calling for the managers head doesn't really get it

41 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Under Bruce we were going in the right direction, under Monk even without a points deduction we are going downwards. That speaks more than anything.

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Were we? It was only 18 games I think, so difficult to make any long term judgements, but after a good unbeaten spell to start with, our results declined to be merely average as we ended the season W3 D3 L3. 

Under Bullen and Bruce after Jos left we lost only 4 of the last 24 games last season. That was with pretty much the same group of players that Monk inherited.

28 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont think many think sacking Monk is a magic wand to Wednesday's problems but I can see why many people feel changing manager is a good place to start.

Rinse and repeat Matt. I totally get what you are saying, but, as i posted in another thread, who do you replace him with ?

There are not a lot of options out there, and hand on heart, with our financial situation and possible points deduction coming, we are not an attractive option for those coaches/managers out of work.

Monk inherited an awful situation, with a top heavy ageing squad, and a questionable team ethic. Now those calling for his head will quite rightly say

" Look at the results since he took charge". Yes, they have been woeful, but he has not been helped by some abject team and individual performances during his time here. Add to that, injuries and players coming to the end of their contracts, have made the job even harder.

Since the resumption, he has tried to implement a system (that many have wanted for. a number of years), with who he has available. Ultimately, it is a results based business, and if by some miracle we do stay up, I can see Monk staying, bringing in players to fit his system.

The alternative, well we get rid, go on the search for another manager who may well want to change everything again, and we are back to square one again, with no guarantee of success.

I absolutely get everyone's anger and frustration about how our club is being run, managed and performing (or not), but i don't personally think getting rid of Monk now is the solution.

I know many, many, if not EVEYONE will disagree, but my trusty tin hat has been brought down from the loft and is ready to be brought into action.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

more first team masseurs than first team coaches 

When Bullen takes over from Monk, one of the masseurs will be promoted to assistant coach

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

We lost a little over £20m two years ago and posted a profit of £2m last year. Without the stadium sale we'd have had a £36m deficit in one season !

You would like to think when we 'sold' the ground we had this years figured in mind too.

I would hope we stay within the £39m this time round. 

We've lost...

Winnall

Fletcher

Forestieri

Hutchinson

Must be £80k a week in wages there. The Bruce and Joao money has also come in over the last 12 months.

We really should be able to build a competitive team if Chansiri is stil .prepared to push to the P&S limits.

Our spending in the next 2 months will tell us an awful lot.

1 minute ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

You would like to think when we 'sold' the ground we had this years figured in mind too.

I would hope we stay within the £39m this time round. 

I was 'curious' that the stadium sale helped us to a £2m profit. 

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

I think if you just look at the results as an outsider and forget about the clubs predicament you will come to the same conclusion. It’s easy at times to let off field problems cloud your judgment but we need to remember one thing.

Gary Monk is paid to win football matches and in 2020 we have the honour of winning the least amount of points in this league. His position is now untenable and he has to go now. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but three defeats on the bounce has made my mind up for me. I want every single first team member of staff gone as well.

9 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

he has tried to implement a system (that many have wanted for. a number of years), with who he has available.

Fans aren't to blame and he decided to play with 3 CBs in a game when we only had one fit CB - none if you consider him a RB. 

16 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Rinse and repeat Matt. I totally get what you are saying, but, as i posted in another thread, who do you replace him with ?

There are not a lot of options out there, and hand on heart, with our financial situation and possible points deduction coming, we are not an attractive option for those coaches/managers out of work.

Monk inherited an awful situation, with a top heavy ageing squad, and a questionable team ethic. Now those calling for his head will quite rightly say

" Look at the results since he took charge". Yes, they have been woeful, but he has not been helped by some abject team and individual performances during his time here. Add to that, injuries and players coming to the end of their contracts, have made the job even harder.

Since the resumption, he has tried to implement a system (that many have wanted for. a number of years), with who he has available. Ultimately, it is a results based business, and if by some miracle we do stay up, I can see Monk staying, bringing in players to fit his system.

The alternative, well we get rid, go on the search for another manager who may well want to change everything again, and we are back to square one again, with no guarantee of success.

I absolutely get everyone's anger and frustration about how our club is being run, managed and performing (or not), but i don't personally think getting rid of Monk now is the solution.

I know many, many, if not EVEYONE will disagree, but my trusty tin hat has been brought down from the loft and is ready to be brought into action.

Totally agree with all this, saved me time having to create the post. I'll get my tin hat down too. Let monk have a crack at rebuilding the side at the end of the season for me. The squad, situation and players he inherited is bad and needs totally reshaping if we are ever to compete at the top end of the championship again. There is no magical manager out there in my eyes, give monk a go at it. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, bobness said:

When Bullen takes over from Monk, one of the masseurs will be promoted to assistant coach

Through out this unsuccessful 5 year period, Bullen has been the only consistent member of the coaching staff. Perhaps he’s part the problem. 
Just sayin’

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Bringing Bruce back if he becomes available and giving him a few quid might.

Let's bring him back, but without his assistants, and see how he does he then...