Anyone calling for the managers head doesn't really get it

We need a massive turnaround of the playing squad. That won’t happen in one transfer window. Therefore we need a manager who can extract the very best from a large portion of the current team and put in place a way of playing that gets results. It’s possible, we’ve seen managers win promotion by putting together a team that is greater than the sum of its parts. Monk has proved he can’t do that, he clearly can’t. It’s obvious. He has to go.

I agree with what the OP is saying. Sadly,

our demise is down to the chairman and the significant issues at the football club. Monk’s not my cup of tea but I am not putting the blame solely at his door for our results since Christmas. 

The club is rancid and toxic from top to bottom. Sad times. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Under Bruce we were going in the right direction, under Monk even without a points deduction we are going downwards. That speaks more than anything.

Bruce brought in his own coaches to assist, Monk has not been able to bring anyone in and has had to make do with a failed coach of 3 previous managers.

This Steve Bruce love in needs putting bed

1 -  At worst he came to our club, stayed five minutes and ran off as fast as he could leaving us in the lurch

2 - At best he came, did a great job, but left and that simply highlights that as a football club we simply cannot retain quality managers who can do the job

So which one do you want to choose out of those two and  how exactly does it help us?

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Bruce brought in his own coaches to assist, Monk has not been able to bring anyone in and has had to make do with a failed coach of 3 previous managers.

So, if a manager has to rely on someone else so much he ain't a very good manager. I'm sure a more experienced assistant may help a little but come on. 

If none if this is Monks fault and it's the owners, backroom staff, fans, bad eggs (insert whatever) fault, then we may as well get rid of Monk and employ someone on minimum wage and save some money as the manager has no bearing on the result or performance?

Just because the owner may be no good the manager still has to be accountable.

I think it's a case of all of the above but we can't do anything about the owner. We just have to hope he falls lucky with a great manager. Very worrying times

29 minutes ago, deano said:

So, if a manager has to rely on someone else so much he ain't a very good manager. I'm sure a more experienced assistant may help a little but come on. 

How many managers in THE WHOLE WORLD OF SPORT bring in their own staff - correct, ALL OF THEM!!!

Think before typing.

6 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

How many managers in THE WHOLE WORLD OF SPORT bring in their own staff - correct, ALL OF THEM!!!

Think before typing.

So in the WHOLE of world sport we are the only club where the manager has to slum it with the existing management structure. Come on get a grip. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deano said:

So in the WHOLE of world sport we are the only club where the manager has to slum it with the existing management structure. Come on get a grip. 

Seriously. Name a manager in professional world sport who hasn't brought in their own staff when employed and has had to make do with previously failed employees?

Just now, Andrew6666 said:

Seriously. Name a manager in professional world sport who hasn't brought in their own staff when employed and has had to make do with previously failed employees?

No, why don't you name every sporting club in the world that has. 

2 minutes ago, deano said:

No, why don't you name every sporting club in the world that has. 

I did - EVERY PROFESSIONAL SPORTS CLUB MANAGER 😆😆 (see original post). Your'e basically saying you can't name one that hasn't, but continue to try and push your opinion.

'Arguing with a fool only proves their are two'.

It is very complicated because I think DC is an incompetent chairman but he is paying the bills (although in light of recent reports regarding missing wages this may no longer be true). 

Other clubs seem to have got their act together despite off field turmoil e.g. Blackburn, Coventry.

Frankly if DC is not going to sell us to some minted competent owner then the best we can hope for is that we have an inspirational manager like Chris Wilder who can somehow drag the whole club up. 

I'm yet to be convinced that GM is that person. 

4 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

I did - EVERY PROFESSIONAL SPORTS CLUB MANAGER 😆😆 (see original post). Your'e basically saying you can't name one that hasn't, but continue to try and push your opinion.

5 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

If you believe we are the only club in the entire world who's manager has had to work with existing staff then you are a little silly. 

I have no idea if Monk is the man to take us fwd or not, but he inherited an ageing, under performing squad, by the sounds of it, internal issues with some players, unable to bring in his own backroom team, no money to spend to rebuild, having to rely on average loan players, our better players not extending their contract, EFL hanging over us, which leads us heading to league 1, which long term may be the best thing for us, start again a fresh.