Anyone calling for the managers head doesn't really get it

If DC was the owner of any other club in the top two leagues he’d be hammered for the way he’s run the club. With us, there’s still a section of our fan base that back him.

Monk will probably go at the end of the season but I can’t see much changing until there’s a change of ownership 

• Like 1

Just now, DJMortimer said:

It's the default position for supporters though isn't it and doesn't require any kind of foresight? Sometimes they're right, but more often they're wrong.

I can only use my intuition about the situation but my feeling is that things will get worse before they get better. We've got the EFL verdict which at this point could go either way, the leadership from the boardroom and it's motivations are a mystery, there are worrying signs about future financing, the P&S situation is grim, our squad is low on inspiration or depth, the uncertainty will make recruitment a challenge, the budget is probably limited for a decent rebuild anyway and the whole club just seems to be mired in depression.

Were we? It was only 18 games I think, so difficult to make any long term judgements, but after a good unbeaten spell to start with, our results declined to be merely average as we ended the season W3 D3 L3. 

Plenty of us remarked that we were fortunate to be third at the time.

It's DJ Mortimer! This is like the olden days...

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

There are few managers like Bruce, but there are plenty like Monk. And without a budget or assistant, the Monks of this world  more likely to struggle than be classed as successful.

Anyone thinking axing Monk will cure this club will be sorely disappointed.

Bringing Bruce back if he becomes available and giving him a few quid might.

Can pi55 and whinge about quality of the squad till cows come home,  embargoes , whatever ya want 

You do better with the players we have had over the course of season ... plain and simple 

Garry Monk isn’t stupid, he knows the game he’s in and he knows he’s responsible,  it is what it is , if you wanna start believing all that carry on about Chansiri picking the side or Amadeu Paxaio telling Adam Reach to look like he’s never kicked a football in his life , or Chansiri telling Hutchinson to pack his bags , or him not wanting Westwood to play ... Crack on but it’s ultimately GARRY MONK who has made them decisions and he’s not even afraid to admit it , so why people try to blame everyone else is a bit weird 

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I think you might have misread the financial situation we're in. Not only the modest budget we'll likely have next season, or flirting with P&S restrictions yet again (annual accounts pending) but potentially even the very foundations from the ownership in the long term.

He dragged his heels to join i the first place and then left as quick as he could, can’t imagine he would be in a rush to come back.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Furious George said:

Weirdly, after reading that spaghetti bolognese of words, we agree. I'm blaming the chairman, but in your words Carlos had more money to spend than any manager in Wednesday history... And failed.

David Pleat was never blessed, unless he payed £20 for it down Trippet Lane

David Pleat was only blessed with that stupid celebration he did when, Luton escape relegation against Man City, and yeah Trippet Lane AND Neepsend! 😉😂🦉

I think you might have misread the financial situation we're in. Not only the modest budget we'll likely have next season, or flirting with P&S restrictions yet again (annual accounts pending) but potentially even the very foundations from the ownership in the long term.

Thought P&S had been suspended for a year?

If Chansiri (or whoever is giving him the money to spend) reallybdoes have deep pockets then surely with the money we've shifted off the wage bill we'll have money to strengthen?

3 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I agree with you bringing Bruce back and giving him a few quid would improve Wednesday's situation no end.

Problem is it isn't going to happen in a month of Sundays.

Thought P&S had been suspended for a year?

If Chansiri (or whoever is giving him the money to spend) reallybdoes have deep pockets then surely with the money we've shifted off the wage bill we'll have money to strengthen?

Not for the 2018/9 accounting period, which is what is due shortly. Any more than about £21m net loss (and it's likely to be close) and we're over the limit again. 

43 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

The team selection, tactics , and management goes no further than Garry Monk 

Garry Monk is the man who’s responsible for results , shizz bust

Agree mostly, but who else is he supposed to select? To be fair Monk didn’t have a choice picking Pelupessy, Lee injured

Not for the 2018/9 accounting period, which is what is due shortly. Any more than about £21m net loss (and it's likely to be close) and we're over the limit again. 

Didnt we just turn a profit in 2017/18? 

What did we lose in 16/17?

Didnt we just turn a profit in 2017/18? 

What did we lose in 16/17?

We lost a little over £20m two years ago and posted a profit of £2m last year. Without the stadium sale we'd have had a £36m deficit in one season !

• Like 1