Nuhiu - Finishing & Contract

I really don’t get the ones that slate Nuihu. Every manager has used him at some point. He is the best super sub this club has ever had, that isn’t even debatable. I’ve never known a player for SWFC who has scored as many last minute goals. Okay so today’s was a consolation. Compare him to Rhodes, who in my opinion offers absolutely nothing most of the time. For what we paid Nuihi has been good value. If he wants to stay, I would love him to sign another deal for a year. 
Would I start him on a regular basis? No but as a sub he has proved invaluable.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I look back to that 6 match winning run a few years ago  - hooper and fletcher (both quality finishing and in the channels), supported by Wallace and Bazza (right and left, quality delivery) with Kieran Lee running from deep (more quality). Great balance, but even this wasn’t quite good enough. So if we know what the bare minimum is, why would we sign anyone who doesn’t meet this standard. 

Because we will be bottom end championship or league one next year . That’s what your 40 quid tickets and millions on players gets you under chansiri the saviour 

10 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Because we will be bottom end championship or league one next year . That’s what your 40 quid tickets and millions on players gets you under chansiri the saviour 

We will if we sign players who aren’t good enough.  I agree it’s a lot to watch any team but I think our problem was that we wasted the money he put in, and signing more of the same just wastes more.   

56 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I look back to that 6 match winning run a few years ago  - hooper and fletcher (both quality finishing and in the channels), supported by Wallace and Bazza (right and left, quality delivery) with Kieran Lee running from deep (more quality). Great balance, but even this wasn’t quite good enough. So if we know what the bare minimum is, why would we sign anyone who doesn’t meet this standard. 

Because we won't be signing anyone if that's the standard we aim for lol

First of all, Im a BIG Nuhiu basher. Second of all, he took his goal well and played ok today. Well done to him. But here is the thing that has bothered me about him since day 1.

If someone could teach him how to run, he'd be a decent enough player. But the boy cant run, so he isnt. His total and utter lack of mobility is his undoing. Its ridiculous. And it really hampers the team. He offers zero closing down or team work, without the ball. The oppo defense/midfield can be so comfortable on the ball with him around. He just trudges around in no mans land like he's running through quick sand, never getting without spitting distance of the oppos. 

Maybe someone more knowledgeable in physio or sports science or whatever can chirp in. But surely its possible to teach a profefssional sportsman, who should be in his prime, how to run better than that?  Technique, gym work building up certain muscles. I dunno, but something? Even work class olympic sprinters have coaches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owly Mowly said:

He is the ideal super sub. How often he has an impact from the bench I’ve lost count. I’d definitely keep him and have him as that bit of something different from the bench 

Super sub..wow..!!

Those saying we should let him go will be moaning when we don’t have options off the bench next season.

He tends to create chances and looks dangerous when he comes off the bench for us. He’s not a starter but definitely a great option to have late on in games.

• Like 5

Guest Therealrealist
35 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I'm so glad he plays for us and not an opponent..

You know the rest.....

It's the Wednesday way what would happen you know .......

That’s such a cliche..most of the players who leave us move on to crapper things

Guest Therealrealist

Anybody wheeled out the old ‘opposing managers hate it when we bring him on’ chestnut yet...as fast as I know no other manager has ever put in a bid for him🙄

10 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Anybody wheeled out the old ‘opposing managers hate it when we bring him on’ chestnut yet...as fast as I know no other manager has ever put in a bid for him🙄

There has been rumoured bids in the past. But like any football related rumours, who knows what the truth really is?

1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

Based on?

I train with him.

Man of almost zero words, he's an animal in the gym and the few words he comes out with are telling.

He feels he has no motivation to stay somewhere he is not wanted but he appreciates the life he has in England.    Words I heard muttered were loyalty being a two way street.