Nuhiu - Finishing & Contract

18 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I think I’ve posted this on here before, but it really is quite impressive how much Nuhiu’s finishing has improved over the last 3-4 years.

If he gets on the ball in and around the 6 yards back he’s often pretty clinical. I’d be interested to see his strike rate.

We need to get him chances on a more regular basis rather than him spending so much time grafting and wrestling in the channels.

Based on that, plus the fact he’s always available, always makes an impact when he plays and probably isn’t that expensive I wouldn’t have any qualms giving him a new deal, especially when you consider it’s going to be frees and loans at best.

Totally agree .. but service is the key . I’m absolutely certain Rhodes will verify that as would Fletcher ( although he worked hard to grab a goal from anywhere) and Winnall.

the kind of quality service that got Wickham his goal last week .

26 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Based on that, plus the fact he’s always available, always makes an impact when he plays and probably isn’t that expensive I wouldn’t have any qualms giving him a new deal, especially when you consider it’s going to be frees and loans at best.

I've always thought it speaks volumes that manager after manager persist with him. They must all see something in him.

Assuming he's not on big wages, I'd definitely keep him. He's a hard worker, a model professional and a good team player. He offers something - I'm not always sure what, exactly, but equally I'm not sure the opposition do either, which might be his USP; sometimes other sides just don't know how to deal with him. And, of course, he pops up from time to time with a goal.

• Like 3

I look back to that 6 match winning run a few years ago  - hooper and fletcher (both quality finishing and in the channels), supported by Wallace and Bazza (right and left, quality delivery) with Kieran Lee running from deep (more quality). Great balance, but even this wasn’t quite good enough. So if we know what the bare minimum is, why would we sign anyone who doesn’t meet this standard. 

• Like 1