Nuhiu - Finishing & Contract

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Time to move on. 

Its quite depressing seeing the same average failures turn up new contracts. Use the money and get some fresh blood. 

If we’re going to look at up value for money (I.e. goals per pound spent) then we keep Nuhiu and get rid of Rhodes. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

Pound for pound, Jordan Rhodes has probably been the worst signing in Sheffield Wednesdays history. Nothing against the lad and by all accounts a lovely bloke, but sadly for him and us it hasn’t worked here.

Absolutely and utterly nail on head.  

None of our strikers will ever score loads when they have to generate all the power on the floated crosses....unless they have necks like Eddie Hall.

We need to improve our supply first before judging who's trying to stick it in the net. 

We have scored a couple from crosses recently but that's inevitable seeing as we probably put in 5 billion crosses a match. 

2 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I look back to that 6 match winning run a few years ago  - hooper and fletcher (both quality finishing and in the channels), supported by Wallace and Bazza (right and left, quality delivery) with Kieran Lee running from deep (more quality). Great balance, but even this wasn’t quite good enough. So if we know what the bare minimum is, why would we sign anyone who doesn’t meet this standard. 

Financial reasons 

Time to move on. He's capable of decent moments but thats all they are moments. One second he can hold the defender off and power in a shot with ease, the next he's costing us foul after foul as he seems to prefer to fight his marker instead.

I'd was going to say he's doesn't suite our style of play but I've no idea what that is since christmas.

Guest Therealrealist
8 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Pound for pound, Jordan Rhodes has probably been the worst signing in Sheffield Wednesdays history. Nothing against the lad and by all accounts a lovely bloke, but sadly for him and us it hasn’t worked here.

Without a shadow..people often mention boothroyd n stuff...Rhodes will have cost us about 20 mill when he leaves on 30-6-21...for nowt..there shud be a public enquiry into this signin

Difficult one this.

First and foremost he’s a great professional, always available and apparently liked and respected by all at the club. He’s great to bring on at the end of a game either to hold possession or score those last minute goals when we’re up against it like today. Surprisingly he managed to outjump everyone for his goal today which is rare for him. He is our leading scorer at the club right now too with 49 to his name.

On the downside it’s taken him seven years to notch up that goal tally which puts it in perspective. He’s turned 30 now so has limited time to play at this level and by all accounts wants a change. That being the case I would reluctantly let him leave and wish him well. It’s hard to see how, with the financial constraints we and most Championship clubs find themselves, you can persevere with a player whose only value now is in the last minutes of a game.

Good luck Atdhe

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

You just have .690025550_tenor(11).gif.3aa7b7252c00e26bade7a1327544edb6.gif

Not really I was asking..are you hard of thinking??

Guest Therealrealist
Just now, The only way is S6 said:

WARRIOR 

Maybe..but give me a footballer over a warrior any day...we need a change and he needs a change..let’s wish him well and we both move on

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Well put a fùcking question mark in your post then ....

You know how it works ?

You've been on here long enough Gunsie .....

Sid.png.47519263289bc00e8f1e75a1e1fbe1b1.png

Guns?? Close but no cigar🤔

Guest Theboylangers

Sorry but he is crap. 

Seen enough 'strikers' at Wednesday who don't score goals to last me a lifetime.

Bye Nuhiu.