Nuhiu - Finishing & Contract

5 hours ago, Ian said:

Thats a myth.

Reality is invariably he will give away a cheap free kick and the opposition are on the front foot.

Thanks for establishing your credentials up front though Barry

We were chasing the game yesterday, we all know he is best at coming on and seeing the game out. If we are gonna have him on when chasing we've got to get it up to him a lot faster and more directly

28 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

The best impact sub we have had. That’s not debatable it’s a fact.

Don't tell Ian...every since Nuhiu refused his advances in the car park he's been his reason for living. #suicidewatch 

• Haha 1

One thing Nuhiu has that is found in very few of the other is loyalty to the club.and a desire to give 100%

Countless times he has rescued the game, only to find himself not even on the bench next game.

Were I Nuhiu, I would have been looking for a change of club much sooner.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

vs Birmingham 06/02/16: Subbed on in 61st minute when losing 1-0... he assists equaliser and we go on to win 2-1

vs Hull City 12/02/17: Subbed on in 55th minute when losing 1-0... he assists and we eventually draw 2-2

vs Ipswich 22/11/17: Subbed on at 87 minutes and scores to turn 2-1 loss into 2-2 draw

vs Preston 27/04/19: Subbed on in 67th minute when losing 3-1... 3-3 draw after he scores and assists

vs Fulham 21/09/19: Subbed on in 77th minute when losing 1-0... scores equaliser in 93 minute

vs Leeds 11/01/20: Subbed on in 69th minute at 0-0... provides a goal and an assist for a 2-0 win

The above doesn't include times where he has been subbed on and either directly scored or assisted in a game which has subsequently changed the result of that game

This is a good list, and there have also been many more games in the last few seasons where we have been under the cosh and he's come on as sub and helped hold the ball up in the corner and clear crosses to preserve the 3 points. He's not good enough to be starting games regularly for a promotion chasing team, but compared to the likes of others strikers we've brought off the bench to "change the game" over recent years - the likes of Cresswell, Di Piedi, Heffernan, Morrison, Madine, Lavery, Rhodes, Winnall... he offers a lot more.

The only other sub who's had similar impact was Joao - who was equally frustrating on his day. And we got £5 million + for him.

33 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

One thing Nuhiu has that is found in very few of the other is loyalty to the club.and a desire to give 100%

Countless times he has rescued the game, only to find himself not even on the bench next game.

Were I Nuhiu, I would have been looking for a change of club much sooner.

Same here 

He’s nearly at the end of his career, either were offering such a lucrative contract to stay or he isn’t interested in playing first team football 

Id be itching to get into first team somewhere

10 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

How's you and Diane matey. 

coping well  buddy , still in lockdown for Diane's sake but no probs , thank you for asking hope you and your better half 

are the same my friend

14 hours ago, Ian said:

Anyone trying to make a case for centre forwards and strikers being different is skating in this ice.....but if you want to use that then go and ask Malcolm Macdonald, Frank Stapleton etc which they were and if you’d ever find them hanging around in the centre circle when a cross came over....Hirsty even.

you decline to address the issue that whilst I appreciate a forward may drop deep at times, any one worth their salt will then have the athleticism and desire to get in the box and finish what they started.

Nuhiu, unfortunately, has neither 

Who scored on Sunday and where was he when he scored? 

9 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

Time to go we need better now on rebuild 

it is always a hope that we can improve on every position, however we're prevented from spending and we cannot assume that everyone we want wants to come to us.

He's a good squad man and impact sub, usually available for selection and not greedy.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Always good to see the 4 times a season “he scored” case put forward 

That's almost one more than Rhodes, and his contribution all came within one half of one game. Maybe wrong on that but I am busy trying to think of other contributions from our record signing and probable highest earner.

We need a completely new forward line next season if possible. Can’t see us signing Wickham permanently, wages would be ridiculous for a club in our situation. Cruz is shocking, Nuhiu not consistent enough, god knows what will happen with Rhodes, will someone take him off us? Big big summer of wheeling and dealing needed. 

• Like 1