Joe Hart Free Agent

If westwood is already here Whats the point? Even if we could afford his wages it would be ridiculous as it would just put wildsmith further down the pecking order, which his performances don’t even deserve. 

It would just be another financial misjudgment and a repeated mistake we have made far too many times in the last 5 seasons. 

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

Can't agree there - Joe Hart is a far better keeper and has played with the very best players. Grant has been in the lower leagues for the most of his career and Hart has at least another 5 years in him.

Totally agree...so many on here are so blinkered. Joe Hart is 33, got 5/6 years left in him and will a very good acquisition for any championship club. His PL days are seemingly over (unless a promoted club take a punt on him) and he wont be able to command anywhere near the wages he as been on. I can't imagine he was on OTT wages at Burnley either.

He will be a good reliable keep for anyone who takes a shot at him at championship level.

1 hour ago, soldierboyblue said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53227746

As reported here for the first time in his professional career Joe Hart is without a club. If the wages were sensible would you take him here?

He would be an ideal role model for our younger keepers and has operated at the highest level of both the domestic and international game. If the package was agreeable I would take him at the drop of a hat.

If we signed him he wouldn’t even be the best keeper at the club called Joe, really overated player and a complete tool of a man as well 

Guest LondonOwl313

I can see the logic in bringing in another keeper if Westwood goes as looks likely if Monk stays.

Dawson has already proved he’s not up to the level required and Wildsmith is a big leap in to the dark. Been very impressed with him last 3 games but before that he was in the wilderness for about 3 years which seems very odd to me as he’s not been injured the whole time.

If we had the budget we did a few years ago I’d take Hart as number 1. He’s only 33, has 75 England caps and won the league and golden glove a few times. His confidence looked shot after Guardiola binned him off but he’s still got the quality. Being a number 1 at Championship level would probably rejuvenate him. If his wages were 20k and we had the same budget then I’d take him but say no if any more.

As it is the budget is probably vastly reduced and even 20k is out of the question. In which case have to go with Wildsmith and hope for the best and spend the money we do have elsewhere.

NO NO NO . we have got to have a different mind set , Joe hart would offer nothing to the Value of Sheffield Wednesday , Our 2 young goalkeepers will in time ,We have to develop players ,Have a sell on value ,Signing players just for a last pay day forget about it ,For heavens  sake why the hell do you think we are in front of the EFL NOW. Anyone remember when we signed Bob Bolder from Dover I think ,Turned into a good goalkeeper Liverpool came for him ,Move away from players like Hart ,Let someone else pay his over rated Wages .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

As reported here for the first time in his professional career Joe Hart is without a club. If the wages were sensible would you take him here?

He would be an ideal role model for our younger keepers and has operated at the highest level of both the domestic and international game. If the package was agreeable I would take him at the drop of a hat.

Neg -10

Probably better than Wildsmith, definitely better than Dawson.

But can you imagine having him.and Westwood on the wage bill!

Think he would be a good signing but I'd keep Wildsmith as number 1 for the whole of next season, then we will know if he is going to be our number 1 for potentially the next ten years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

Deffinately NO.

We have 2 good YOUNG goal keepers, why do we need some one over the hill?.

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

Probably better than Wildsmith, definitely better than Dawson.

But can you imagine having him.and Westwood on the wage bill!

Think he would be a good signing but I'd keep Wildsmith as number 1 for the whole of next season, then we will know if he is going to be our number 1 for potentially the next ten years.

Where does that fit in with the  "Young, Dynamic" players we want?.

FFS!, haven't we learned nothing over the past years?.

• Like 1