Joe Hart Free Agent

21 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53227746

As reported here for the first time in his professional career Joe Hart is without a club. If the wages were sensible would you take him here?

He would be an ideal role model for our younger keepers and has operated at the highest level of both the domestic and international game. If the package was agreeable I would take him at the drop of a hat.

unfortunately Joe would drop the hat. 

worst England goalie in my lifetime. 

and I’m old!

Yes, would have him over Wildsmith and Dawson if his wages weren’t ridiculous 

I wouldn’t read too much into him been on Burnley’s bench, they’ve had two very good goalkeepers who get into the England squad, Joe Hart is more than good enough at this level in my opinion.

Edited by Carbone

3 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Everywhere he goes he can't get a game.

What evidence is there over the last 4 years or so that he offers more than Wildsmith or Dawson?

Would end up a very expensive reserve keeper and we are already stuck with one of those.

Yet some of our fans want a team to be built around Rhodes who hasn’t scored regularly at this level for 5 years.

On 30/06/2020 at 11:47, CalmJimmers said:

Can see him at our porky neighbours. 

He'll be on massive wages, he's a bit of a ******** and there will still be plenty of Prem clubs willing to take a chance. Even if it was realistic, he's the type of player I'd want us to stay away from. 

Could have and could now say the same about Westwood...

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-08-18 at 14.14.38.jpg

Hands up who saw THAT one coming?

I didn't

Proper shock decision this!

He's signed as a backup, or more likely a number 3, keeper.  A bit like Lee Grant at Man Utd, Rob Green at Chelsea, Richard Wright at Man City, etc, highly unlikely to play but not a bad gig getting £50k+ a week just for training a couple of hours a day.

To think that any Wednesdays even thought there was a chance of us signing him shows how the mess we are in hasn't fully sunk in with everyone yet.  The days of paying anyone more than £15k a week are gone.

• Like 3

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Have we missed out then?

We were never going to compete on wages that is for sure - however he would have been a great number 1 and role model to the younger keepers here. That was why Dyche brought him to Burnley to nurture the 2 outstanding young keepers they had

• Like 1