Joe Hart Free Agent

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53227746

As reported here for the first time in his professional career Joe Hart is without a club. If the wages were sensible would you take him here?

He would be an ideal role model for our younger keepers and has operated at the highest level of both the domestic and international game. If the package was agreeable I would take him at the drop of a hat.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

As reported here for the first time in his professional career Joe Hart is without a club. If the wages were sensible would you take him here?

He would be an ideal role model for our younger keepers and has operated at the highest level of both the domestic and international game. If the package was agreeable I would take him at the drop of a hat.

Nope. Wildsmith is our King. 

• Like 1

33 years old, has been a shadow of his former self for a considerable amount of time and would no doubt command a hefty salary. I'd rather we give Wildsmith and Dawson game time instead...

• Like 4

Our goalkeeping department is as healthy as it's been for a while

It will be hard enough keeping our two youngsters happy

Either of whom could serve us for the next 10 years

We have more pressing needs in our team than goalkeeper

It's a no from me

• Like 8

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

16 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

We have an experienced goal keeper already who is actually our goal keeping coach, funnily enough that's what clubs do they

employ good ex playing keepers to pass on their knowledge of being a goalkeeper to the younger ones, think they call him NICKY WEAVER.

and as far as I am aware he is doing a fantastic job.

Edited by owls about that
  • Like 3

Just now, Gob_Bluth said:

Rumours that he's going to be bench warmer for a Champions League club.

Besides I'd rather we used Wildsmith & Dawson and developed them further

i think he will be, part of the english quota, just like Grant was.

Guest mrbluesky
20 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

*Facepalm 

Guest wilyfox

I have faith in our young pups Wildsmith & Dawson. Neither are the finished article, but they're at the stage in their development they'll only improve further by playing regularly at this level. Blocking their path with Westwood, or a Hart or Darlow (as some have suggested) would be counter-productive.

If we do sign a keeper - and no doubt we would if Westwood departs - it'd most likely be a cheaper senior pro as 3rd choice back-up ala Paul Jones/Lewis Price. 

Edited by wilyfox