THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Firstly, the EFL have the hearing in July and now they bring it forward after being pressure from other championship clubs.

EFL are not fit for purpose. 

We would do exactly the same the other way round. Football is run by hard nosed businessman who are looking after their investment and would seek any advantage possible. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No idea why our fans keep crying about this

We would have agreed to this move

We will be ready for this new date

And we will no doubt want to get this over and done with ASAP so it would have been preferred to bring it forward 

Exactly ,Chansiri  will want it out of the way ,We have a promotion side to build for next season.

19 minutes ago, vulva said:

Isn’t it more likely they will make us start next season on minus points?

If there is a point deduction and once applied it failed to drop us into the relegation zone the EFL would probably prefer to defer it to next season out of spite. Obviously, if that point deduction puts us in the drop zone this season the club that stood to benefit from that would be demanding it be applied now. I don't know if these eventualities are covered in the rules but I'd like to think they aren't going to be making up as they go.....bit they probably will, which will be appealed no doubt.

8 hours ago, Royal_D said:

If we’re guilty it’s a huge points deduction let’s be honest, won’t be no inbetween , what did Birmingham get ? 9 ?  Be 12minimum 

From what I have read I think the maximum deduction they can give is 12 points.

8 hours ago, struckanerve said:

Just wondering, someone else posted Barnsley are threatening legal action -- no idea if true.

https://www.castrust.org/2020/05/barnsley-to-sue-the-efl/

"According to an article by Matt Slater and Nancy Frostick in The Athletic  this week Barnsley are one of several clubs considering legal action against the EFL if they are relegated this season but Birmingham, Derby or Sheffield Wednesday are allowed to start next season in The Championship on minus points because of Financial Fair Play sanctions."

Surely we should be willing to counter such threats with our own if we have a good case.

I’m no lawyer but I don’t see what case we would have to counter sue? 

Surely there are some lawyers on Owlstalk somewhere?

45 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Without a doubt

But right now he's pumping £millions a month into the club with zero return just to cover our payroll of £4m a month. Without him we would be bust

Bang on. We could be facing winding up petitions again, losing players, and potentially worse. It’s magnified at the moment too because the club at present has no way of gaining any revenue with no fans in stadiums.

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The Thais are big on respect, and once DC no longer feels he is getting that from the fans, he jmay ust pull out. 
If that is the case, we had better hope that there is someone willing to pay the price, because if not this could very soon turn into a Coventry situation. Let’s not forget he owns the ground 

Hopefully it doesn’t come to it but the Coventry point is a possibility. The chairman owns everything and if he decides to leave someone will have to pay what he wants or we could have no assets. It’s a potentially terrifying situation and very very serious.

45 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Without a doubt

But right now he's pumping £millions a month into the club with zero return just to cover our payroll of £4m a month. Without him we would be bust

Whilst I agree with your statement, you have to ask the question as to WHO sanctioned us to end up with a pay payroll of such amounts in the first place. Awarding stupid contracts for poor substandard players is a blame laying at his door and his door alone IMHO. You can also aportion an element of blame there to the so called advisors he has. Yes, he's been taken advantage of without doubt. But deciding to get rid of ALL the voices he had who could have helped lays firmly and squarely with DC. IMHO.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The Thais are big on respect, and once DC no longer feels he is getting that from the fans, he jmay ust pull out. 
If that is the case, we had better hope that there is someone willing to pay the price, because if not this could very soon turn into a Coventry situation. Let’s not forget he owns the ground 

Respect has to be earned. I think Chansiri just expects it due to his wealth.

It doesn't help when half of the fanbase insist on referring to him as "Mr" Chansiri.  Seriously, WTF is all that about?

I don't recall it ever happening with previous chairmen/owners.

Edited by Sheff74
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Respect has to be earned. I think Chansiri just expects it due to his wealth.

It doesn't help when half of the fanbase insist on referring to him as "Mr" Chansiri.  Seriously, WTF is all that about?

I don't recall it ever happening with previous chairmen/owners.

This one is simple mate

Nobody knew how to say/spell his first name

That's all

• Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop

31 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Calm down will yer  ,None of you got a clue what will happen ,Its all guessing 12 point deduction ,Where has that come from ? Guilty ,When did this verdict come from ?  I will listen to what the tribunal decides .

Thank you

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Without a doubt

That maybe true but it was he that had sanctioned this, his idea to signed loads of players put them on big wages mainly strikers we didnt need whilst other areas were in desperate need of attention, some players didnt even play!

Shall we all be just thankful to him because he is at least paying their wages ?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Without a doubt

Maybe so but isn’t he just doing what every other owner of a championship club and above is doing? 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Firstly, the EFL have the hearing in July and now they bring it forward after being pressure from other championship clubs.

EFL are not fit for purpose. 

I'd rather they bring it forward, least we know what we are up against. Let's not forget, we did bend the rules here. 

Question is, did we break them? 

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No idea why our fans keep crying about this

We would have agreed to this move

We will be ready for this new date

And we will no doubt want to get this over and done with ASAP so it would have been preferred to bring it forward 

Im not crying about this, Neil. This should have been sorted out months ago. Like the forestieri incident which took 13 months to charge him and consequently ban him for 6 games - I think this was more of a FA charge tho. 

I’ve said all along that I am extremely disappointed in how DC has managed the club etc for a long time. But that is not the point. These misconduct charges should be dealt with swiftly to ensure that Wednesday and other clubs know what they are playing with. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

I'd rather they bring it forward, least we know what we are up against. Let's not forget, we did bend the rules here. 

Question is, did we break them? 

I want to know what’s happening too. But don’t you agree that this should have been sorted in January or February this year? 

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

Im not crying about this, Neil. This should have been sorted out months ago. Like the forestieri incident which took 13 months to charge him and consequently ban him for 6 games - I think this was more of a FA charge tho. 

I’ve said all along that I am extremely disappointed in how DC has managed the club etc for a long time. But that is not the point. These misconduct charges should be dealt with swiftly to ensure that Wednesday and other clubs know what they are playing with. 

100%

Owlstalk Shop