THE EFL HEARING THREAD

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Quite a few responding to this point by (quite rightly) pointing out that it was the Chairman who saddled us with a £4m a month wage bill 

Of course it was, and thats whats got us in the mess with the EFL - that and refusing to trade players effectively

I wasn't denying that - and I think he has mismanaged us in a terrible way - and without parallel with any Chairman in our time. Our club has never been in a more precarious position. Our future, the club and stadium, are at the whim of one person who has proven that he is not learning from the mistakes that have been made. Our fans are more alienated now than at any time I recall - even when we were being sued.

But - it is without argument surely - he is keeping our club afloat with the cheque he writes out every single month. And for that we must be grateful. Because if that ever stops (and there is a danger he could take his ball home to Thailand depending on the outcome of this hearing) - our club will go through far worse than it did when Nick Parker was stood on the steps of the High Court with tears in his eyes pleading for someone to rescue us.

I agree, calling for him to leave right now is one of the most stupid things we could do. 

Trouble is, with the Club as it is and football finances the way they are, you need someone with very, very deep pockets to run a vanity project. 

We need to get this season/charge out of the way, stay in Championship, stabilise the finances, rebuild the playing squad before we worry about trying to find a mug with £200m plus in his back pocket to buy/bankroll us. 

27 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I think it would have been earlier had it not been for covid. You've kinda got to remember the whole world went to poo in March. 

At to that, we have appeared to try and drag it out also. 

SWFC are a middle of the road, not overly important, football club, that bent or broke some rules. Not an overly pressing concern at the time. 

Our biggest problem is the EFL are desperate for a scapegoat to make an example of, and they see us as that. 

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad
Just now, S36 OWL said:

Our biggest problem is the EFL are desperate for a scapegoat to make an example of, and they see us as that. 

I dont see any evidence for this

Why would they want a scapegoat?

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

I dont see any evidence for this

Why would they want a scapegoat?

More and more clubs are pushing the rules to the extreme and using loopholes and I feel they want to nail someone to the floor as a deterent to others. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

From a commercial perspective, it wouldn’t be ideal for them to relegate us

One of the bigger fanbases in the league, pull in good figures for their Sky games - of which they have to bend over backwards for. 

With Leeds going up I’d argue they’d actually prefer us in the Championship. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

More and more clubs are pushing the rules to the extreme and using loopholes and I feel they want to nail someone to the floor as a deterent to others. 

I still see no actual evidence of them being desperate to nail someone. And certainl;y not that they have an agenda against us specifically

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Any early team news? 

Perry Mason

Rumpole..............................judge Judy............Lionel Hutz..........................................kavanah

Ben (10) Matlock......Judge Pickles.....Henry fonda

Gary (Barrister) (sorry)....Brian Joi qc.............Nuhiu

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

37 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Time to end FFP rules..........survival of the fittest.........end of all this nonsense...............it's like the smaller clubs (Barnsley) are on furlough schemes while massive clubs subsidise their existence......parachute payments to the priviliged PL mob........THERE IS NO FAIR PLAY IN FOOTBALL ANYMORE.................get real everybody

This fair play you refer to. FFP is there surely for this whole purpose and swfc aren’t complying with it?

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Perry Mason

Rumpole..............................judge Judy............Lionel Hutz..........................................kavanah

Ben (10) Matlock......Judge Pickles.....Henry fonda

Gary (Barrister) (sorry)....Brian Joi qc.............Nuhiu

You just made my morning with Gary Barrister!  After 14 pages of this thread I needed a laugh :duntmatter:

1 hour ago, marshy said:

Whilst I agree with your statement, you have to ask the question as to WHO sanctioned us to end up with a pay payroll of such amounts in the first place. Awarding stupid contracts for poor substandard players is a blame laying at his door and his door alone IMHO. You can also aportion an element of blame there to the so called advisors he has. Yes, he's been taken advantage of without doubt. But deciding to get rid of ALL the voices he had who could have helped lays firmly and squarely with DC. IMHO.

We have been crap on contracts for decades if you just think back. It has been a mentality at the club regardless of who in the saddle. The club needs cleansing from top to bottom.

• Like 1

I touched on this in a post yesterday on how wealthy the Chairman may be? I agree in these uncertain Financial Times, a club needs an owner with deep pockets who sees running a football club as a vanity project? Do we already have that man and are we just being hampered by the rules?

There are some really paranoid posts in this thread already and we've not even started the hearings yet

lol

Nobody is out to get us, nobody is wanting to make SWFC a scapegoat, nobody has changed the date of this hearing to screw us over

Come on people... less of the paranoia and look at the cold hard truth instead

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop