THE EFL HEARING THREAD

55 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Hold on one minute. Weren’t Derby and us charged around the same time? But the league have agreed to bring our trial forward but leave Derby’s where it was? 

Well that hat sounds very fair. How can two clubs have the same charges at the same time, and it looks like one will be impacted this season, and one next? 

That goes against every rule rule of fairness. 

Essentially we did the same thing but for me it always comes back to the backdating of the Stadium sale, something Derby most certainly did not do. To my mind the only thing that saves us is correspondence from EFL essentially agreeing this at some point before going back on it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I'll be honest, I am pretty confident about this. 

1. They have rushed our independent panel to start due to club complaints, but not Derby's. If us and Derby were both expecting big deductions it would have to be at similar times

2. Chansiri, Meire and Redgate were cleared of their charges in relation to this case

3. Whether or not 100% true, it is to be believed the club have evidence from the EFL sanctioning this sale (if we had zero evidence to counter argue then this would not go to an independent panel)

4. It seems the EFL are desperate to claim any win to curb the continuous issues of FFP (even a large fine and a small points deduction ends this problem for them for now)

5. An independent panel gives us a stronger chance rather than having the EFL decide

6. If found guilty and the punishment is huge, we could launch an appeal (Court of Arbitration for Sport) and this drags on and on

We aren't going down due to a points deduction.

Just corrected a bit for you.

If we get busted and go down, this is 100% Chansiri’s fault and he should get out of the club ASAP.

Even if we manage to avoid punishment, his reckless management of our club has put us in a financially precarious position where we don’t even own our own stadium, and he should look to move on anyway.

Literally all that’s improved from his time here is the scoreboard and the pitch. 

Whatever the outcome of the case, it will take years for us to recover from what he’s done here and be in a position to mount a serious challenge for promotion, When it couldn’t be a worse time for us with United doing well in the Premier League.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Loxley Owl said:

If we get busted and go down, this is 100% Chansiri’s fault and he should get out of the club ASAP.

Even if we manage to avoid punishment, his reckless management of our club has put us in a financially precarious position where we don’t even own our own stadium, and he should look to move on anyway.

Literally all that’s improved from his time here is the scoreboard and the pitch. 

Whatever the outcome of the case, it will take years for us to recover from what he’s done here and be in a position to mount a serious challenge for promotion, When it couldn’t be a worse time for us with United doing well in the Premier League.

Hard to disagree with any of that.

I for one will be unable to move on from that with DC at the helm. Untenable IMO. Although that doesn't mean he'd sell up.....

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Everyone start preparing for League 1 next season because that is where we will be. Total shambles.

As I have said before, we get usually start the decade by being relegated.

Looks like we are heading that way again. I still think if it is anything less than 15 points we will dig in and stay up . anything more will me trouble at the mill.

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

Hard to disagree with any of that.

I for one will be unable to move on from that with DC at the helm. Untenable IMO. Although that doesn't mean he'd sell up.....

Think we are stuck with Chansiri like Mike Ashley at Newcastle when his relationship with the fans went a bit sour.

For Chansiri to sell up he would have to take a massive financial hit something I doubt he would be prepared to do.

Guest mrbluesky
7 hours ago, EcclesallOwl said:

The article suggests it will last for the rest of the week

7 hours ago, EcclesallOwl said:

From the article:

“Wednesday's battle with the EFL over charges of breaching Profitability & Sustainability rules is being heard by an independent disciplinary commission this week, after the dispute was brought forward following complaints from a number of rival clubs.”

Neil hasn`t actually bothered reading the article 😆

Guest mrbluesky
23 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

As I have said before, we get usually start the decade by being relegated.

Looks like we are heading that way again. I still think if it is anything less than 15 points we will dig in and stay up . anything more will me trouble at the mill.

That`s the spirit.

3 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think we are stuck with Chansiri like Mike Ashley at Newcastle (but without the business sense....) when his relationship with the fans went a bit sour.

For Chansiri to sell up he would have to take a massive financial hit something I doubt he would be prepared to do.

Unfortunately I have to agree, although I've tweaked it slightly..... 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think we are stuck with Chansiri like Mike Ashley at Newcastle when his relationship with the fans went a bit sour.

He’s losing money hand over fist, must come a point when cutting his losses Is the only realistic option.  I can’t believe he can support us much longer through his own personal wealth.

8 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

I'd take that now.

Unless of course we are innocent of all charges as Mr C seems to think we are.

We must have a decent chance i wouodnt imagine that di marco bloke would go this far if we didnt

Guest mkowl

First argument will be about the undue influence from 3rd parties to bring forward the case from the intended start date 

Let's be honest the next few days are a sham and they have already made up their mind we are guilty 

Basically a show trial

Guest Grandad

Take heart

The EFL have lost recently to Stevenage and Birmingham, and been forced to withdraw their charges against Chansiri and his management team

This isn't a foregone conclusion. Let's set aside the Doomsday predictions and cross our fingers for a good outcome

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Take heart

The EFL have lost recently to Stevenage and Birmingham, and been forced to withdraw their charges against Chansiri and his management team

This isn't a foregone conclusion. Let's set aside the Doomsday predictions and cross our fingers for a good outcome

I really want us to win this case to just shove two fingers at Gibson and watch them go down - would be amazing for us to do it in the final game

• Like 1