THE EFL HEARING THREAD

8 minutes ago, Ronson said:

Strange case this, they say we did the transfer in one year but cooked the books to show it going in another year. What accountant would let that get passed them? Unless they were given the wrong information by someone at the club, but all those charges have been dropped Going to be an entertaining, intense, nail biting experience this is.

Mine lol

• Haha 2

Barnsley weren’t even in our league when we allegedly broke the rules - Derby are being left alone because they have too many points - desperate sad people - they won’t hit us hard because in the current circumstances the EFL are going to have to rely on rich owners to fund their clubs and keep them going otherwise they will be left with a league full of Luton’s and Barnsley’s which is their nightmare scenario- FFP was really designed to keep big clubs in the EFL in my opinion-Leeds ,us , Forest,Derby going up must give them nightmares....

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It’s strange how instead of instigating the type of change that would benefit everyone in the FL. The clubs would rather just waste each season pointing the finger at whoever has overspent on FFP, and act as if that’s causing the imbalance.

They should focus their efforts on introducing proper spending caps that actually level the playing field. The approach at the minute seems to be if we don’t get promoted to the PL then we’ll kick up a fuss about FFP. Boro had no problem with us or Derby when they finished 2nd. Or a problem with Wolves when they finished in the Play Offs.

2 hours ago, Ronson said:

Sounds like the mob is baying for blood and they'll not rest until their thirst is quenched. I'm thinking 9 points could satisfy the mob, give us a fighting chance and get the EFL off the hook. Whilst 12 points, with our run in will probably relegate us. Whatever happens it'll be good to get it sorted, been going on for way too long now.

Gibson will have been on the phone as soon as Boro went two down at home to a shizen side.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Crikey mate  I must be tired ha ha! Totally missed that!

Yeah "Hearing brought forward amid concerns from rival clubs"

This gets even murkier and stranger in that case

So rival clubs have been kicking off wanting this done and dusted and us punished this season?

Wonder when they kicked off about it and why didn't they kick off the second it was announced it was going to be heard in July?

So many things are crazy about this and the hearings haven't even started yet!

Steve Gibson kicked off about it at 4:55pm last Saturday!

Personally I’m glad it will be sorted this season either way. Getting sick of it dragging on and potentially impacting another season. On the pitch we just need to get our heads down and try to secure as many points as possible to mitigate and charge handed out.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Elvin Parsnip said:

Barnsley weren’t even in our league when we allegedly broke the rules - Derby are being left alone because they have too many points - desperate sad people - they won’t hit us hard because in the current circumstances the EFL are going to have to rely on rich owners to fund their clubs and keep them going otherwise they will be left with a league full of Luton’s and Barnsley’s which is their nightmare scenario- FFP was really designed to keep big clubs in the EFL in my opinion-Leeds ,us , Forest,Derby going up must give them nightmares....

The EFL includes leagues 1 and 2 you know. Your post indicates they only care about the Championship. They want decent clubs in every league to add revenue streams and interest.

I don’t think they will take what you said into account when handing out any charge. It will all come down to the evidence provided.

Hold on one minute. Weren’t Derby and us charged around the same time? But the league have agreed to bring our trial forward but leave Derby’s where it was? 

Well that hat sounds very fair. How can two clubs have the same charges at the same time, and it looks like one will be impacted this season, and one next? 

That goes against every rule rule of fairness. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Hold on one minute. Weren’t Derby and us charged around the same time? But the league have agreed to bring our trial forward but leave Derby’s where it was? 

Well that hat sounds very fair. How can two clubs have the same charges at the same time, and it looks like one will be impacted this season, and one next? 

That goes against every rule rule of fairness. 

If it's good for one it's good for the other, Derby should be dealt with at the same time time as us.

I'll be honest, I am pretty confident about this. 

1. They have rushed our independent panel to start due to club complaints, but not Derby's. If us and Derby were both expecting big deductions it would have to be at similar times

2. Chansiri, Meire and Redgate were cleared of their charges in relation to this case

3. Whether or not 100% true, it is to be believed the club have evidence from the EFL sanctioning this sale (if we had zero evidence to counter argue then this would not go to an independent panel)

4. It seems the EFL are desperate to claim any win to curb the continuous issues of FFP (even a large fine and a small points deduction ends this problem for them for now)

5. An independent panel gives us a stronger chance rather than having the EFL decide

6. If found guilty and the punishment is huge, we could launch an appeal (Court of Arbitration for Sport) and this drags on and on

We aren't going down. 

• Like 3