THE EFL HEARING THREAD

30 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Our biggest problem is the EFL are desperate for a scapegoat to make an example of, and they see us as that. 

Well, we shouldn't have atempted to bend the rules. 

It's a chicken and egg type thing. Had we not financially mismanaged the club, under (I agree, rubbish rules). Then we wouldn't have had to go down this route. 

We must not forget how we ended up at this point. 

You can hold the EFL To account for meny things, but don't lose sight that we put ourselves in the firing line. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Our biggest problem is the EFL are desperate for a scapegoat to make an example of, and they see us as that. 

No, the biggest problem is that Chansiri decided to flog the stadium via the medium of time travel.

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Bringing it forward can only mean one thing really, that we’re in the deep stuff 

Could be, but even if the outcome is a bad one it’s best settled this season. How can the club plan for the future with this hanging over them. 

Get it done. Get it sorted so that rebuilding the squad can go ahead in the clear knowledge of where we stand. I don’t see players like Bannan, Reach, Iorfa etc playing for a Wednesday team in League 1 So the sooner it’s sorted the better.

• Like 1

Bottom line here is we gambled and lost. Now we have to pay the price for that loss. It just remains to be seen what the price will be.

Whatever it is I'll just be glad to get it over with. It'll give us the opportunity to reset no matter which division were in. 

The sooner this is all done the better.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I agree, calling for him to leave right now is one of the most stupid things we could do. 

Trouble is, with the Club as it is and football finances the way they are, you need someone with very, very deep pockets to run a vanity project. 

We need to get this season/charge out of the way, stay in Championship, stabilise the finances, rebuild the playing squad before we worry about trying to find a mug with £200m plus in his back pocket to buy/bankroll us. 

Have to say I was considering this as another side hobby, but thanks to your little outburst - I'm out!

No one calls me a mug. lol

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There are some really paranoid posts in this thread already and we've not even started the hearings yet

lol

Nobody is out to get us, nobody is wanting to make SWFC a scapegoat, nobody has changed the date of this hearing to screw us over

Come on people... less of the paranoia and look at the cold hard truth instead

Too many of our fans in this culture of it must be anyone else’s fault but chansiri’s

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

It's a chicken and egg type thing. Had we not financially mismanaged the club, under (I agree, rubbish rules). Then we wouldn't have had to go down this route. 

You can hold the EFL To account for meny things, but don't lose sight that we put ourselves in the firing line. 

No but plenty of clubs have.

Wolves, Villa, Birmingham, Reading, Man City, Derby ... The list goes on.

Clubs gamble, some succeed, others don't.

10 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Sorry fella but how have they got it for us, did they ask Chansiri to spaff millions down theshitter and making an amateurish attempt at breaking even.

If we get anything it will be the doing of 2 people, the same 2 people who are running this club like Billy Smarts Circus.

I'm not saying they've got it in for us in particular (I probably just worded it badly) but they're coming accross as an organisation that are seem full of their own self importance and a woe betide anyone who dares to fall foul of their rules type of attitude.

I also think the new guy (iRick Parry) wants to make a name for himself as being a strong leader that is making a difference (no doubt Steve Gibson has got in his ear too).  

I can just see them all wanting to make an example of us and send out a clear message that they are not to be messed with.  Then after they have dished out the punishment pat each other on the backs for a job well done even though it may well have completely screwed up one of their clubs and showed absolutely no regard for the supporters of that club (us).

• Like 2

It’s okay people saying let’s get this out of the way and have a fresh start but the fact is we will still have DC in charge, the man that has got us in to this situation. If we end up in league one next season it will be an absolute disaster for this club. People like Bannan, Iorfa maybe even promising youngsters like Hunt going, any of our better players would be off and we will end up with crap like Pelupessy playing week after week. The fact we are even in this position is an embarrassment to our club, all thanks to DC and his merry men. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

No but plenty of clubs have.

Wolves, Villa, Birmingham, Reading, Man City, Derby ... The list goes on.

Clubs gamble, some succeed, others don't.

Just because others gambled, dosnt mean we needed to or infact had the right to. 

On top of that, those gambles, caused the rules. 

You can say, well its unfair and they did it. Which then makes us look, like spolit children. 

• Like 2

Typical of Wednesday to decide to dabble in a bit of creative accounting at a time the EFL finally decide to crack down on it. We then take legal action which delays things right into the middle of a flipping pandemic, where the clubs had zero income for 3 months. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Totally agree mate. 

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There are some really paranoid posts in this thread already and we've not even started the hearings yet

Nobody is out to get us, nobody is wanting to make SWFC a scapegoat, nobody has changed the date of this hearing to screw us over

Come on people... less of the paranoia and look at the cold hard truth instead

Maybe EFL have brought this forward to avoid the legal action from the likes of Barnsley if we were found guilty after the season was over.

However, if we were proved innocent then it also gets the likes of Barnsley off their backs.....

Funny how we have agreed to start today, rather than wait until July. Both parties may know we have a good case so just want to get it over with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1