THE EFL HEARING THREAD

13 minutes ago, the monk said:

Read this angle on things a few times but if we are found guilty of filing the sale in the wrong year then surely it means the sale of the ground millions will be put into later accounts 

Meaning we have a lot of scope to spend on players 

Dropping down a league, regrouping as a club and fan base,  might not be a bad thing. Problem is, DC would still be here.

Im not confident he’ll ever take us forward and is too proud to ever admit defeat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

How I read it is, the sale of the ground happened. The club asked for verification to add it to the accounts they requested, the EFL granted it in the emails so the club did it. 

The person who granted it is no longer on the EFL and the EFL picked it up later on. 

The EFL charged Wednesday, Birmingham and Derby - then advertised for an accountant to look over clubs accounts and FFP - saw the advertisement a week after the charges just advertised. 

Chansiri is entitled to defend his business but as we know if he enters the country tomorrow he has to self isolate. 

Imo this is down to pressure from Conway of Barnsley and Gibson of Middlesborough who both let's be right look certain for relegation. 

Won't stop me doing a windmill outside both their house. 

Wednesday will win this on evidence. 

Are those things just your opinion or fact? Emails, person who sanctioned it no longer at EFL? 

Guest struckanerve
Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Dropping down a league, regrouping as a club and fan base,  might not be a bad thing. Problem is, DC would still be here.

Im not confident he’ll ever take us forward and is too proud to ever admit defeat.

People said that when we were relegated from the Premier League. Last thing we need is relegation.

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

surely if we are found guilty he can’t stay as owner of the club? How could even his biggest supporters stick by him after that? 

• Like 1

Just now, struckanerve said:

People said that when we were relegated from the Premier League. Last thing we need is relegation.

Relegation would be an absolute disaster. People might think we will come straight back up but last time proved that doesn’t always happen. 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

surely if we are found guilty he can’t stay as owner of the club? How could even his biggest supporters stick by him after that? 

Steve Gibson
Middlesboro
Barnsley

The EFL
Andy Giddings

Rob Staton
Alan Biggs
Jon Newsome

etc etc etc

You know what will happen. I know what will happen. We all know what will happen

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest paulvcooke
5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

as far as you’re aware have any clubs ever won a case against the EFL? 

Depends what you mean by case, I'm no expert on the matter but without googling (apart from this link) I know Stevenage did quite recently send the EFL packing, different types of case of course.

https://www.stevenagefc.com/news/2020/may/efl-vs-stevenage-fc-hearing-case-dismissed-oldham-athletic-sky-bet-league-two-english-football-league-thursday-7th-may-2020/

https://www.blackstonechambers.com/news/efl-v-stevenage-fc/

Interesting to see who acted for Stevenage in this case.......

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

as far as you’re aware have any clubs ever won a case against the EFL? 

And...if the club are soooo adamant they have done nothing wrong, why make such a song and dance about paying top dollar fir a top lawyer. If why are so clean , why do we need him.

Unless his remit is to tie the whole thing in knots.

• Haha 1

We are in a terrible spot here, relegation to league 1 would be the absolute worst thing that could happen to us at this time. We need some wins and points to avoid this. I think the lost likely outcome is a 9 or 12 point deduction. Nine points and we may stay, twelve points and its probably curtains, anymore than that and its all done and dusted.

******** awesome.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Are those things just your opinion or fact? Emails, person who sanctioned it no longer at EFL? 

Wednesday said they had proof in emails saying it was OK to do the transaction. - if they have that there is no case Imo. 

It doesn't seem like any accounting rules are broken from what I can see. @mkowl can probably confirm that either way.

Chansiri has a right to defend his business but has to isolate if he enters the country - they may do a video link but I'm not sure they will. 

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

And...if the club are soooo adamant they have done nothing wrong, why make such a song and dance about paying top dollar fir a top lawyer. If why are so clean , why do we need him.

Well it’s always good to have someone who knows exactly what they’re doing and is half decent at it. 

Edited by BIG D

Guest paulvcooke
3 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

When have the club made 'a song and dance' about the counsel they they engaged? He recently respresnted Stevenage in their charge against the EFL, he's just a well regarded expert in the field employed by many clubs of various standings.

Guest struckanerve
4 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I’d take relegation and a new owner as opposed to the farce that is our current ownership.

I'm not a fan of how the club has been run, but knowing our luck we'd end up with an owner with no money and potential administration. 

Edited by struckanerve

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Hiring a well qualified solicitor is an admission of guilt? 

:ghoulguy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Ronson

Strange case this, they say we did the transfer in one year but cooked the books to show it going in another year. What accountant would let that get passed them? Unless they were given the wrong information by someone at the club, but all those charges have been dropped Going to be an entertaining, intense, nail biting experience this is.

11 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Wednesday said they had proof in emails saying it was OK to do the transaction. - if they have that there is no case Imo. 

It doesn't seem like any accounting rules are broken from what I can see. @mkowl can probably confirm that either way.

Chansiri has a right to defend his business but has to isolate if he enters the country - they may do a video link but I'm not sure they will. 

Chansiri also banged on about having 'friends in the EFL'.   So, make of that what you will.

• A genuinely helpful and knowledgeable EFL advisor, who just happened to give out (rather obviously) duff info..?

or

• Someone who was 'helping' him out by finding a way around the rules?  Interestingly, no longer employed by the EFL

Sorry, but either way, Chansiri and his accountancy team should have understood that you can't transfer a transaction made in July one year, into accounts from the previous year. It's just silly, and confirms that he is (frankly) not the sharpest tool in the box, and very naive. It is his job to get this stuff right FFS, and had he not spunked away so much money on dross during previous seasons, he would not have even had to entertain selling the club's home.

• Like 3