Carlos is at it again..

23 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

The first big footballing mistake Chansiri made was giving him the job in the first place.

Plenty if managers could’ve done what he did with the level of backing he had.

It’s been downhill ever since our problems with FFP started.

Don’t agree , the first season was the best football I have seen for many a long year and not seen it since , Some like  to slate off ex players and managers , it’s not all warranted in my eyes .  

13 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

It used to be a main element of him game, he became more disciplined here under Carlos who doesn’t like runners to lose possession.

Prior to that though he wasn't as good defensively as he was when we sold him to Bristol City. I know it's an old school view but I like full backs who can defend first and foremost. 

13 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Yes, he got sacked. That’s unusual here, isn’t it? First time he loses three on the trot in two and half years and he’s out.

Bottom line whether his sacking was justified or not we’ve been utter sh!t since and a lot of this is down to two of his successors not picking his best players but you’re going to turn around and tell me both Lukuhay and Monk have been right to do this, yet there results have been far worse than Carlos’

And you’ve mentioned on here more than once that Monk has been given the green light from DC to revamp the squad with his own players and that really does make me want to sing ‘ sunshine, lollipops and rainbows everywhere’ 😉

In fairness, and I say this as someone who's likes Carlos and fully appreciate the good times we had with him, the stated aim of the club in 17/18 was to gain promotion to the Premier League. We won 3 of his last 16 games in charge and after losing to Norwich we were 10 points off the Play Off positions, 6th being occupied at the time by Sheffield United who had only just come up.

I kind of feel whichever way you look at it, unless you were going to rebuild it completely in the summer of 2018, which would have been very difficult, then you have to accept we needed to make a change. Add to that the fans patience with him had run very thin it was the correct decision.

Also what happened afterwards has little to no relevance for me, just because Jos was rubbish doesn't mean sacking Carlos was the wrong decision.

5 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Im not excusing him or anyone else, but I think it’s more than just the manager. We have a points deduction, a history of long term injuries, a chairman who has stopped communicating and a manager picking up a squad a couple of weeks before the season started. We have tried changing manager a few times but perhaps other changes are needed.

Okay, let's assume there's an ‘it’ that needs sorting - what has Monk done in his time thus far with us that has lead you to believe he can sort it out? Whatever positive impression the first 14 weeks of his tenure has formed with you, you must surely be alarmed by the ten weeks that followed, and more to the point, the ineffectiveness of Monk's managerial abilities in tackling it.

7 hours ago, cowl said:

Okay, let's assume there's an ‘it’ that needs sorting - what has Monk done in his time thus far with us that has lead you to believe he can sort it out? Whatever positive impression the first 14 weeks of his tenure has formed with you, you must surely be alarmed by the ten weeks that followed, and more to the point, the ineffectiveness of Monk's managerial abilities in tackling it.

I think he made an error in talking about the future in January to various players. Prior to that I think we had looked as effective as anyone else in the division even if it wasn’t pretty. 

As I’ve already said several managers have failed to arrest alarming form with this side when certain players are not fit or available. Alarming yes, but we have been there before. 

If there is an obvious replacement like there was in Steve Bruce who is a bit of a bull shi77er and man manager to get into a tough dressing room. But I can’t see one.

Unless one becomes available I think we already have a manager who has shown promise elsewhere and should be judged when he has been able to work in a summer window. 

8 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Prior to that though he wasn't as good defensively as he was when we sold him to Bristol City. I know it's an old school view but I like full backs who can defend first and foremost. 

Me too but I don’t think he’s a good defender like you could say about Buxton. Hunt caught attention going forward 

23 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Bring him home. Best manager we’ve had in a long time. 

would I welcome Carlos back as manager? Maybe.  He is still my favourite boss since Big Ron. 

I’d have him back on the following conditions 

1) The club signed players Carlos wanted and not Chansiri’s son or the fans or whoever

2) Carlos kept Strudwick on staff and acknowledged player’s fitness is as important in training sessions as tactical work. And they shouldn’t be rushed back from injury too soon 

3) Be less stubborn about sticking with 442 when something different may be needed. Though if he’s able to sign the players he wants maybe that would help 

• Like 2

On 22/05/2020 at 22:20, jamthesun said:

I’d have him back.,,,,,,,over the current coach. 

There haven’t been much worse over the current coach. He IS worse than Jos. He needs sacking now. 

That said wouldn’t have Carlos back, he was brilliant first year but when it came down to a long term goal he was found out.

A big no from me Carlos Carvahaul being manager again.

I dont think he was a bad coach but 'took as far as he could' and last few months of his time were about embarrassing with things like the £20 note press conference.

Also I never warmed to him personally found him a bit full of himself and oily.

Best tactician we have had in a long long time, his training ethos wasn't up to the fitness standards the championship demanded though especially over sustained seasons we all saw the effects, if he could hold his hands up and and we kept the guy in charge of fitness atm (forgot his name but hes good) I wouldn't have any issue with him coming back if things go south with Monk I'd like to give him time though, Carlos is a possibility in the future 

On 22/05/2020 at 21:53, Great Big Galaa said:

In hindsight, we should've kept him on. Letting him go and appointing Lukuhay was the first big footballing mistake Chansiri made. Bruce aside, It's been downhill ever since.

Ah come on... He was forcing players to play whilst they were still injured..

Then running training sessions like holiday camps! 

Fletcher and kieren Lee were having injections for weeks!