Carlos is at it again..

On 22/05/2020 at 22:04, S36 OWL said:

He should have been given his p45 after the Uddersfield play off shambles. 

Should have been after the Hull playoff shambles

carlos is a serial bottler who screwed us right over

Guest LondonOwl313
9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Apart from all the games he lost 

And the playoff final

And the Huddersfield games

etc etc etc

Tbf, on the play off final day we just looked like we were going to get bullied by Hull. They were a much more physical and experienced team than us. We also didn’t look like beating them in the two league games that season either. I don’t think we had the players in the squad to do it as they had a number on us. Until that point I’ve yet to see a Wednesday fan say they weren’t happy with the league campaign or the Brighton games.

Second year we finished 4th including 6 straight wins near the end when the pressure was on. First leg against Huddersfield was a mistake to me in that we basically played for the 0-0 to then go back to Hillsborough, but we actually achieved that. The second leg we didn’t win but I apportion less blame to that.. it happens in play off games as it’s unpredictable.. I’m sure Brighton thought they’d get past us the year before but they didn’t. We basically went for the draw first Huddersfield game and achieved it, then went for the win second game and didn’t perform at the level we wanted. We came close and just failed.. sh*t happens.

I was quite happy with Carlos after two seasons. Hoped we’d do a Brighton and go for automatic the year after. But we didn’t start well year 3 and then lost to Utd which I think was game 10. Bounced back against Leeds but then injuries took hold. Things had just gone a little bit stale and we failed to shake things up enough at the right times. Carlos did reasonably well overall and certainly better than Jos or Monk 

After listening to his interview on singing the blues this afternoon I can understand a lot of what he said however he is very quick to palm the blame off. 

What I found most interesting though was him admitting that he gave days off training to look after kids etc. Very strange to let players have days off training and explains why players weren’t very fit if he allowed this to happen. 

Also interesting to hear him say he’ll be back in England next year as a couple of clubs want him. Wonder where he’s going to go? 

13 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Also interesting to hear him say he’ll be back in England next year as a couple of clubs want him. Wonder where he’s going to go? 

Out of all the things Carlos has said over the years that we have known him the number one thing he always mentions is how many clubs are after him.

No matter what club he's at, or what part of the season it is, or how he's doing in the league he always chats about having many job offers

Bless him

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, northeastowl said:

One might be Charlton if former Swansea chairman Jenkins takes over there. 

But yeah could also be classic Carlos promoting himself to attract interest too 

The tragedy of Carlos is he could be a top manager, when he had us play attacking football playing to the strengths of an attacking squad it was amazing. His down fall is his negative philosophy of stop the opposition for most of the game and try nick it. Doing this no matter who we played. When he was in danger he switched to attacking again and we would be two up in first half and win a few games then he would switch back. It's tragic because you can see he has it in him but he's clueless and obsessed with being defensive.

Also his managing of players injuries was worse than amateurish and risked potentially some their career. 

I liked him but he lost his way after Wembley. Although is damage on causing a big injury list probably had already started by then and was always going to come back and bite him on the arse at some point.

13 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

The tragedy of Carlos is he could be a top manager, when he had us play attacking football playing to the strengths of an attacking squad it was amazing. His down fall is his negative philosophy of stop the opposition for most of the game and try nick it. Doing this no matter who we played. When he was in danger he switched to attacking again and we would be two up in first half and win a few games then he would switch back. It's tragic because you can see he has it in him but he's clueless and obsessed with being defensive.

Also his managing of players injuries was worse than amateurish and risked potentially some their career. 

I liked him but he lost his way after Wembley. Although is damage on causing a big injury list probably had already started by then and was always going to come back and bite him on the arse at some point.

It’s often the Portuguese style of play to be cautious and contain the opposition. I don’t have a problem with winning games 1-0 but the issue we had was the lack of creativity in the side. I think if Carlos was allowed to sign the players he wanted them potentially he could be a success. If as previously mentioned in this thread that he also focuses more on the fitness of players.  I feel he thought having a second eleven was the key to get through a championship campaign, but our second eleven that played in the midweek games never seemed to win and really, the best teams have about 14 main starting players who manage to keep fit and consistent throughout the season 

Edited by Owls-Fan

You must have been supporting someone else by the sounds of that.... Lack of creativity....? We lacked two big top quality center backs two decent fullbacks and maybe a holding midfielder. That's what we needed. We were top heavy in attacking players. As for two players in every position he needed just his favourites. That's one of the reasons for the injuries. Why defend when you have a poor defence when you can attack and finish teams off. And don't state our defensive record for Carlos at first. First season we attacked teams after that the whole team did nothing but defend. Which always eventually breaks down and you start conceding. With them low attaking confidence because they have been defending all season you start to draw and the lose and lose. 

Edited by ashley8

3 hours ago, northeastowl said:

After listening to his interview on singing the blues this afternoon I can understand a lot of what he said however he is very quick to palm the blame off. 

What I found most interesting though was him admitting that he gave days off training to look after kids etc. Very strange to let players have days off training and explains why players weren’t very fit if he allowed this to happen. 

1. To be fair, if he is looking to come back to England with another club he's unlikely to say "yeah I f*cked up here." Also he might believe he wasn't to blame.

2. I kind of took that to be more a specific case with a specific player, not sure who it was though. I don't think it'd be the case with every player. I could be wrong though.

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Out of all the things Carlos has said over the years that we have known him the number one thing he always mentions is how many clubs are after him.

No matter what club he's at, or what part of the season it is, or how he's doing in the league he always chats about having many job offers

Bless him

And that he has always supported / admired / wanted to manage said club . Given. 

Just a shame we didn’t have a decent manager at the helm in 2016, could. Have gotten us over the line. Will be a very long time until we are in that position again 

• Like 1

On 25/05/2020 at 20:00, northeastowl said:

Listened to it yesterday while travelling to MK, found it a tough gig tbf and stopped it a couple of times.

In true Wednesday fashion though I carried on as I'm a sucker for punishment :biggrin:

Not commenting on "the office" side of things ie transfers due to his loyalty was a cop out though imo

8 hours ago, Birstall Owl said:

Listened to it yesterday while travelling to MK, found it a tough gig tbf and stopped it a couple of times.

In true Wednesday fashion though I carried on as I'm a sucker for punishment :biggrin:

Not commenting on "the office" side of things ie transfers due to his loyalty was a cop out though imo

Yeah on the office side of things it was quite clear he has either been told he’s not allowed to

say owt or he’s keeping his options open of coming back by not upsetting DC.

On 24/05/2020 at 21:31, horny owl said:

Should have been after the Hull playoff shambles

carlos is a serial bottler who screwed us right over

Think majority of fans would have been in uproar if we had sacked after the Wembley play off game.
He was probably most popular manager for 20 years and over saw most exciting season since the Premier League days.
I think he should have gone after the Huddersfield play off game a year later though.

• Like 1

This one is absolutely hilarious

Watch this video

Then watch it again and ask yourself 'what is he really saying here?'

You'll discover that what he is saying is utterly totally and completely without any value whatsoever.

It's just total bluster

It's just air

There's honestly literally nothing to be learnt from what he's saying here

Have a watch it's actually quite funny

Owlstalk Shop

On 22/05/2020 at 21:53, Jim said:

In hindsight, we should've kept him on. Letting him go and appointing Lukuhay was the first big footballing mistake Chansiri made. Bruce aside, It's been downhill ever since.

There were plenty of mistakes before Jos! 

abdi, Rhodes, Winnall, Jones, Boyd, Van Aken, not signing a midfield bully, to name a few

But yeah Jos was poor.