Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He took Fletcher off when he was bossing it v Huddersfield

Saving him for the final 

 

1448920B-E15F-41EC-BABC-C7227CA710CB.gif

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

poor old clueless , he really does live in a fantasy world doesn’t he .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He put Jeremy Helan on to try and turn around the play off final

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He put Jeremy Helan on to try and turn around the play off final

He’d have equalised in the last minute too, the nets were 20 metres higher and 10 meters wider 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s coming back isn’t he ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many times is he gonna talk about how he left? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

How many times is he gonna talk about how he left? 

Unfortunately, we haven’t heard the last of it.

I’ve never seen any articles we he takes any responsibility for the mistakes he made. He must have a great CV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

The season doesn't finish at Christmas tho does it 

Can you honestly say you've seen anything from monk that inspires you to believe he is the man to take us forward? 

Was his January additions a positive sign to come you? 

 

I'm not taking the p1ss

Just interested 


I think we’ve seen the issue with several managers including carlos. 
 

im so so on Monk but liked what he got out of us pre Christmas and teams elsewhere. This isn’t his team. 
 

Who would we get who is better? I’ve seen some people asking for Ryan Lowe which says it all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well lets face it, its not like we are in a better position now than when he left and apart from the first half of this season, It's been pretty crap!

 

We had massive injury problems when he left and while hindsight is a wonderful thing, he'd have done better than Jos!

 

Maybe we should have persevered with him for a fourth season, with no injuries and allowed him to change the squad a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

I'd slightly disagree there, Hunt did have a few of those runs. Remember a few games in 15/16 where he should have scored. Always felt he should have backed himself more to shoot. Remember being 3-0 up against Charlton and he had a chance to shoot after a good run and he passed it. I don't think Carlos will have deliberately coached it out of him.


It used to be a main element of him game, he became more disciplined here under Carlos who doesn’t like runners to lose possession.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should have had a clear out after the second season , absolutely mental keeping the team that failed 2 play offs , new blood would have helped his job a little better. so it was DC fault on this part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always enjoy reading the experts on here, slagging off comfortably the best manager we’ve had since being in the premier league. 

 

And some on here are aghast when we criticise Monk. FFS Monk’s had 5 seasons as a championship manager and not finished in the Top 6 once. Yet Carlos did in each of the two full seasons he had in charge. Simple philosophy he had, pick your best players when available.

 

Bruce apart, the silly [email protected] we’ve had since haven’t done this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I always enjoy reading the experts on here, slagging off comfortably the best manager we’ve had since being in the premier league. 

 

Why did he get sacked then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I always enjoy reading the experts on here, slagging off comfortably the best manager we’ve had since being in the premier league. 

 

And some on here are aghast when we criticise Monk. FFS Monk’s had 5 seasons as a championship manager and not finished in the Top 6 once. Yet Carlos did in each of the two full seasons he had in charge. Simple philosophy he had, pick your best players when available.

 

Bruce apart, the silly [email protected] we’ve had since haven’t done this?

Dunno how you can say he was a good manager, he had a good squad of players but they were not managed well, eventually letting them become so unfit most of the first team became injured and thus lead to his exit, he's a short team feel good merchant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

Why did he get sacked then?

 

Yes, he got sacked. That’s unusual here, isn’t it? First time he loses three on the trot in two and half years and he’s out.

 

Bottom line whether his sacking was justified or not we’ve been utter sh!t since and a lot of this is down to two of his successors not picking his best players but you’re going to turn around and tell me both Lukuhay and Monk have been right to do this, yet there results have been far worse than Carlos’

 

And you’ve mentioned on here more than once that Monk has been given the green light from DC to revamp the squad with his own players and that really does make me want to sing ‘ sunshine, lollipops and rainbows everywhere’ 😉

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bluesteel said:


I think Carlos vs Monk now, id choose Monk as he at least makes us difficult to beat and has worked with what he has been given. Carlos as he freely admits wants a wenger style team of technicians which we don’t have and he couldn’t buy them. 
 

2015 was perfect for us and Carlos as outsiders. But monks Leeds side were decent too and I think they beat us at lest once, maybe twice? It wouldn’t have been as exciting had Monk been our manager then but I think we’d have had a solid spine and probably fewer legacy issues.

 

We were much harder to beat under Carvalhal. And that's less of a compliment to him than it is a criticism of Monk. Our form from Boxing Day onwards was atrocious, and we're not just talking about a few games but 10 weeks in which we lost 5 of our 7 home games; 2 defeats of which were utterly hideous - we never got beat like that under Carvalhal - only the Pigs game comes close due to the nature of the game, but in reality, forgetting the opposition, that defeat to Blackburn was an unspeakable disgrace, in which we basically gave up as soon as Luongo was sent off, after only 23 minutes and when we were still only 1 down.

 

I'm surprised of the success with which Monk has managed to present the problems at Wednesday being ones not of his making. For me, amongst other tasks, I expect the manager to manage the squad. ‘Managing’ in this regard is quite a wide remit, but that's the job, even if he can delegate aspects of this job to others, it's still his responsibility. It's not to suggest that results since Christmas aren't something for which the players can be questioned, but that what has Monk been able to do about the slide? It seems to have just happened right before him and he's hardly been able to do a thing that's had any obviously positive impact on results. He did ‘manage’ to exclude certain players though which also has not only had no positive effect on results, but has even corresponded with worsening results and performances.

 

Whatever the problems at the club are at the moment and within the squad, Monk has been powerless to do anything about it - and however much or little you may wish to lay the blame for this at Monk, it's really not a good indication of his ability to manage a squad of players, and as such I'd be very happy to see him replaced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

 

Disagree. We kept him on 6 months too long. Was obvious from Huddersfield game in play offs and games leading up to it things had gone stale. 

Carlos Carvahaul CV also showed he wasn't a team builder.

 

We won 6 on bounce at end of that season to get us in play offs leading to a 4th place finish cant call that stale .we never recovered after losing tk the pigs at home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, cowl said:

 

We were much harder to beat under Carvalhal. And that's less of a compliment to him than it is a criticism of Monk. Our form from Boxing Day onwards was atrocious, and we're not just talking about a few games but 10 weeks in which we lost 5 of our 7 home games; 2 defeats of which were utterly hideous - we never got beat like that under Carvalhal - only the Pigs game comes close due to the nature of the game, but in reality, forgetting the opposition, that defeat to Blackburn was an unspeakable disgrace, in which we basically gave up as soon as Luongo was sent off, after only 23 minutes and when we were still only 1 down.

 

I'm surprised of the success with which Monk has managed to present the problems at Wednesday being ones not of his making. For me, amongst other tasks, I expect the manager to manage the squad. ‘Managing’ in this regard is quite a wide remit, but that's the job, even if he can delegate aspects of this job to others, it's still his responsibility. It's not to suggest that results since Christmas aren't something for which the players can be questioned, but that what has Monk been able to do about the slide? It seems to have just happened right before him and he's hardly been able to do a thing that's had any obviously positive impact on results. He did ‘manage’ to exclude certain players though which also has not only had no positive effect on results, but has even corresponded with worsening results and performances.

 

Whatever the problems at the club are at the moment and within the squad, Monk has been powerless to do anything about it - and however much or little you may wish to lay the blame for this at Monk, it's really not a good indication of his ability to manage a squad of players, and as such I'd be very happy to see him replaced.


we were generally more difficult to beat under Carlos and could harm teams. Although certain more physical teams beat us.When that slowed down and our attack waned we were sitting ducks and that is when he left. We can’t compare now to 2016 when we were at our recent peak.

 

Something has happened at the club since Xmas which has blown our form up. It’s happened with other managers other than Monk, but pre Xmas we generally looked organised and were getting results. It’s about getting back to that when we get a clean slate. If not Monk then I am unsure who we could realistically call a steady pair of hands at the moment. The Monk and Rowett were arguably the better of the names linked last time and the Cowleys didn’t want to work with DC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring him home. Best manager we’ve had in a long time. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...