Carlos is at it again..

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I know that mate. 

But WHY did he get sacked?

Hounded our for being cocky, foreign, and losing to United at Hillsborough.  And probably something else behind the scenes. 

A poor run of results happens to most managers and the bit about him personally injuring players by allowing them not to train and handing out cigarettes and McDonalds to them only came out afterwards. 

DC must miss him, as no one talked about DC being useless when he was in charge. 

40 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Cos he had a better record than T0$$ and SpUnK? 😀

He also spent (off the top of my head) over £28m more in the transfer market than “SpUnK”.

I think that’d make a difference.

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

He also spent (off the top of my head) over £28m more in the transfer market than “SpUnK”.

I think that’d make a difference.

Not with SpUnK spending it, it wouldn't?

Does seem to be talking about us a lot. 

I think it’s well documented the likes of Lee, Hooper and FF played through injury and pain in the second half of his second season as Carlos wanted them available for the play off push. 

So the injuries in the second season I think were a lot of his own making. If anyone can be bothered read up on tactical periodisation and it explains a lot about our approach under Carlos.

However I did like him as a personality and I do wonder how many of the bizarre signings we made were actually his or the ones he wanted. 

For some reason the fans and Carlos himself can’t stop talking about each other. Maybe there is unfinished business? 

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

I’m sorry you’ve lost me with that comment.

I’m just pointing out that Carlos spent in the region of £30m more than Garry Monk.

You are comparing completely different situations at the club.

If you were manager and had a few games left and had a chance of getting to the Premier League; some of your best players are borderline injured, but could play and get you over the line. 

What would you do? At all levels of football, I think you’d risk putting them in. 

57 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Cos he had a better record than T0$$ and SpUnK? 😀

8 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Let's pack it in with the name slinging and get back to mature debate please

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’m sorry you’ve lost me with that comment.

I’m just pointing out that Carlos spent in the region of £30m more than Garry Monk.

You are comparing completely different situations at the club.

You’ve got me there. Comparing a completely different set of results. Garry Monk and I’ve been kindly told by the gaffer to call him Garry Monk is up there with the worst managers I’ve ever seen at this club and no matter what anyone else thinks about Carlos, for his Top 6 finishes alone, I could never put him in that bracket. But hey each to their own, enjoy your league one football with Garry Monk 😀

Edited by Great Big Galaa

We were very good for two seasons, but abject by the time he left. Only certain kinds of players can play tactical periodisation. We would keep the ball and keep in the game and then hope to up the pace/put the meat on the fire in terms of tempo for 20 min periods usually toward the end where to be fair we could be unplayable and either win a game or get a point. The likes of lee, Hooper, Forestieri Wallace and Fletcher were really important to that style of play but without them it didn’t really work hence his bizarre “different kind of Barcelona” reference. But the midfield he built was reliant on that style of play with a bit of a mix elsewhere with Rhodes, Reach, Winnall, Fox being a bit more traditional. We didn’t have an identity for a while. 

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

we were generally more difficult to beat under Carlos and could harm teams. Although certain more physical teams beat us.When that slowed down and our attack waned we were sitting ducks and that is when he left. We can’t compare now to 2016 when we were at our recent peak.

Something has happened at the club since Xmas which has blown our form up. It’s happened with other managers other than Monk, but pre Xmas we generally looked organised and were getting results. It’s about getting back to that when we get a clean slate. If not Monk then I am unsure who we could realistically call a steady pair of hands at the moment. The Monk and Rowett were arguably the better of the names linked last time and the Cowleys didn’t want to work with DC

And what has Monk been able to do about whatever this something is?

From what in those 10 weeks since Christmas are you drawing your confidence in Monk that he can make a success of the job? I'm really unsure about your notion of a ‘steady pair of hands’ given the results and performances in those 10 weeks.

Think overall he isn't worst manager we have had during my time following Wednesday but he wasn't the best either.

His methods had a limited shelf life and 'he took us as far as he could'

Personality wise I found him grating even when we were doing well and very grating when results turned a bit sour.

One question I would like to ask him is how long he had the Swansea job lined up for before he left Wednesday.

15 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

The first big footballing mistake Chansiri made was giving him the job in the first place.

Plenty if managers could’ve done what he did with the level of backing he had.

It’s been downhill ever since our problems with FFP started.

The level of backing was still outside of the top 6 in the division during all his time with us. Were you predicting a top 6 finish in 2015-16? If so then you were in the minority.

He stayed 6 months too long and the interest from Swansea and others turned his head causing him to lose focus which is why people rightly get upset when he tries to turn the downfall on others like the comments he made linked in the OP of this thread but that shouldn't detract from the first 2 seasons in the main.

14 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I think Carlos vs Monk now, id choose Monk as he at least makes us difficult to beat and has worked with what he has been given. Carlos as he freely admits wants a wenger style team of technicians which we don’t have and he couldn’t buy them. 

2015 was perfect for us and Carlos as outsiders. But monks Leeds side were decent too and I think they beat us at lest once, maybe twice? It wouldn’t have been as exciting had Monk been our manager then but I think we’d have had a solid spine and probably fewer legacy issues.

We have been beaten by half-time under Monk more times in the last 15-20 games than we ever were under Carlos or indeed the majority of managers in my lifetime. 

Monk initially made us difficult to beat I agree but this is now definitely past tense unfortunately.

16 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

I liked Carlos. 

loved the Carlos up until the play off final. We were immense, exciting, scored goals. Then for some reason he went all cautious and we completely lost our identity. 

I’d definitely have him back if he went for games. None of this 0-0 crap. 

Why does everyone keep saying he should have 'been sacked after Huddersfield fiasco'.   

That's insulting to Huddersfield.  We played them 4 times that season, winning two and drawing two within the 90 or 120 minutes.  Losing none in open play.  

You can't judge a manager on one game anyway.