Whats your first worst defeat as a Wednesdayite

Mine came against Arsenal,first day of march in 1969,we got hammered 0-5 ,John Radford and Bobby Gould did the honours.Radford scored 3,to almost utter silence,it was dead eary,like a practise match,very overcast day,low mist,two arse fans were right behind the goal at the leppings lane and just twirled their scarfes at every goal,We were absolute gash,arse just passed around us,like candy from a baby,50 odd years on and I can recall it like it was last weekend,Sammels was just on fire he must have laid on 4 of the goals with his incisive passes,what an awfull fecking day that was,I just wanted to lob my tea at the wall and scream

The FA Cup final defeat to Arsenal left me distraught for days.

My uncle was a football journalist, so eight-year-old me took everything he said about football as gospel. Just before the League Cup final, he told me that he thought Arsenal would win one cup and Wednesday the other, so that was fixed in my mind.

Losing the first final hurt, but I quickly consoled myself with the thought that the FA Cup would soon be ours, because there's no way my uncle could be wrong.

Watching Woods fumble that header was a dark moment for any Wednesdayite, but for me it was the moment my childhood naivety went pop and the scales fell from my eyes: my uncle wasn't the oracle; Wednesday weren't the greatest team the world had ever seen...and boy did it hurt!

32 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Probably Derby away in 99/2000. 3-1 up going into injury time then completely blew it drawling 3-3

Some of the shambolic capitulations this season rank pretty high though tbh

The real day we went down

Some crap, wet through evening in the 70's at home to Oxford as a teenager

Huddled in the middle of the kop and soaked to the skin

Losing, then walking home and throwing my beloved scarf on the coal fire in abject misery

Dark days indeed

Just started following Wednesday would be around 1964. We drew away at Everton in the FA cup in a very hard fought game.  My dad convinced me, thats the hard part done son now we'll take em at Hillsborough. We got absolutely hammered 0-3. 

The start of me knowing what the Wednesday way really meant.

• Haha 1

One sticks out from the season we went down to League One(the first time). Bill Green was caretaker think it was Derby, first time I heard the crowd really turn. Booing any player who touched the ball, your not fit to wear the shirt being sung. David Burrows was assistant to Green, some bloke came down and had a pop at him and the subs.

Going for more recent ones, Huddersfield play off second leg that left me lower than the Hull defeat.

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

Probably Derby away in 99/2000. 3-1 up going into injury time then completely blew it drawling 3-3

Some of the shambolic capitulations this season rank pretty high though tbh

I'm honestly numb to it now. I feel the occasional highs as much as I ever did, but I think I've trained myself to shut off my emotions once things start going too badly.

The recent Blackburn game was annoying until 2-0; then it became like a black comedy and I just had a morbid compulsion to see quite how bad it could get.