Is this guy reliable ?

39 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It doesn't really prove any point?

My point is this..

The chairman could call a fans forum tomorrow morning (my gut feeling is that this is what he actually will do)

At the forum he could then say he and his family have been subject to vile abuse, that the players have been targetted on social media, and that certain outlets like Matt (footballtyper) and even Owlstalk are calling the club into question by talking about the clubs advisors

He could then say that he has put millions of pounds into the club and won't leave the club to rot and that he will do everything he can to sort it out, get promoted and make the family happy again.

He'd get a standing ovation and fans would be placated again

Seen it time and time again

Even that mad christmas eve rant on the official website got approval from the masses

completely agree. The amount of people that fall for the crap that comes out of his mouth is truly staggering. He is taking the fanbase for fools and people giving him a standing ovation is pathetic. 

1 hour ago, DEH9 said:

My postman is responsible for delivering my mail.

Sometimes he accidently puts em through next doors box. 

Dozy b*stard .

Sometimes I don't get any mail at all. 

Sometimes the van breaks down. Sometimes his gaffer outs him on a different route. Sometimes he's told he can't deliver me packets over a certain size but other times he can.

I'm not a fan of my postie. I don't think he's a great postie. 

But I don't blame him for everything that happens at Royal Mail which impacts his ability to get my mail to me.

My postie is a big wednesdayite..however that's not why he's great...he's great because he ensures when my vinyl doesn't get delivered to me I get to know where I can collect it whether it's it's from my neighbour or later at the Post Office...as long as I know it's arrived I'm happy..the day it starts to get delivered to the Sty I'll be worried 😄

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

completely agree. The amount of people that fall for the crap that comes out of his mouth is truly staggering. He is taking the fanbase for fools and people giving him a standing ovation is pathetic. 

the scene was set in his nonsense survey two years ago, with his bizarre loaded questions:

Question 12: Would you prefer the prices…were reduced to previous eras? The consequence of this would be the sale of key senior players, regular promotion…of academy youngsters and reduced level of investment.

Question 13: Alternatively would you prefer the club to build on the current investment, maintain the pricing structure, and extend our ongoing strategy towards promotion to the Premier League?

We clearly had a plan, which was then endorsed by the fans to not sell senior players. At least DC/Doyen were straight up. Oddly Jos went against this plan some six months later, with catastrophic results for him.

Question 13: Alternatively would you prefer the club to build on the current investment, maintain the pricing structure, and extend our ongoing strategy towards promotion to the Premier League?

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

You are right. A few of us were " advised" not to discuss him. 

By who? By letter, e-mail, text, anonymous phone call, horses head in your bed......

So many people in this thread claiming to know stuff but having apparently being warned off in some way, but no specifics.

Sorry, I don’t buy it. Nothing wrong with asking questions even if it is uncomfortable for the club

Do we have faith that Monk can keep us up? What signs have there been that he can get a consistent run of form out of these players?

The DC, Paixio & disruptive players issues are obviously massive problems but you can guarantee they’ll only get bigger if we’re relegated. These are systematic failings that absolutely need addressing but you can’t dismiss the fact that GM looks a busted flush.
Its all about staying up now - is Monk the man to do that?

1 hour ago, Stripes or die said:

By who? By letter, e-mail, text, anonymous phone call, horses head in your bed......

So many people in this thread claiming to know stuff but having apparently being warned off in some way, but no specifics.

Sorry, I don’t buy it. Nothing wrong with asking questions even if it is uncomfortable for the club

Neil advised us we shouldnt be discussing him and closed the thread. 

18 hours ago, McRightSide said:

But Monk and Owlstalk said he is 100% responsible for results.

Which is it?

From the outside looking in - there's two to tango. 

Monk has a role to ensure the players perform on the pitch. It's up to Monk to get the best from them. He is judged by his results.

I think its safe to say - he hasn't. The very minimum I would be expecting is a side who are well drilled, organised and look to grind out results. I don't see that.

From team selection to performances, it's all a bit of a miss-match. In the short term, there is a good argument for Monk to go. It does not look like things are going to improve on the pitch.

Which takes us to the problems off the pitch:

The same miss-match on the pitch mirrors the performances off the pitch. 

everything around SWFC seems to be with a scatter gun - there appears to be no thought process as Chansiri leads from one sinking ship to another.

Recruitment is an evolving process - but again, there is no consistency or thorough planning going into it. The squad next season will be unrecognisable - that is reflective a poor recruitment policy which has not evolved the squad. Average players seemingly on lucrative contracts and going through the motions. 

Add in the fiasco with the tickets prices - I was a floating supporter - I'd turn up and enjoy a day with mates. I'm not doing that anymore as I - like others - cannot justify the expense. 

Whilst the club remains in turmoil off the pitch - with a points deduction looming - concerns around the advisors being used - then on the pitch will be exactly the same. 

Monk will go - another left field choice will be appointed and we will still discussing the same issues in twelve months time. 

Wednesdayites deserve better. A special club with a passionate fan base. 

Here's hoping the future is brighter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Liam_Baggies said:

Monk has a role to ensure the players perform on the pitch. It's up to Monk to get the best from them. He is judged by his results.

I think its safe to say - he hasn't. The very minimum I would be expecting is a side who are well drilled, organised and look to grind out results. I don't see that.

Now consider that Monk has virtually no coaching staff. The only football coach he has by his side, is an ex-player who is totally unproven as a coach.

Under these working conditions, are your expectations of Monk realistic? One man, to coach and manage all aspects of the team's play, while also managing and motivating a squad off the field. It's an impossible task.

• Like 1