Is this guy reliable ?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It doesn't really prove any point?

My point is this..

The chairman could call a fans forum tomorrow morning (my gut feeling is that this is what he actually will do)

At the forum he could then say he and his family have been subject to vile abuse, that the players have been targetted on social media, and that certain outlets like Matt (footballtyper) and even Owlstalk are calling the club into question by talking about the clubs advisors

He could then say that he has put millions of pounds into the club and won't leave the club to rot and that he will do everything he can to sort it out, get promoted and make the family happy again.

He'd get a standing ovation and fans would be placated again

Seen it time and time again

Even that mad christmas eve rant on the official website got approval from the masses

Not me, I took him at his word last time. Not again.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The honest reason we don't really discuss certain individuals at length here is that it's too dangerous to do so. That's all I can say on it really mate

I appreciate your honesty, than you!

But everything is fine tho reyt!?

:duntmatter:

FFS

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So what we gonna do? I'm more than happy to do something on the back of the truth. What do you have in mind? (I'm not boycotting the club)

I would love to hear the alternative narrative i.e. the club's perspective on all of this then make a judgement from there. I always try to view things on balance and I am well aware that there could be strong counter arguments. Right now, all the evidence I have to go on is what I am seeing which doesn't bode well in my eyes.

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

What do you want him to say?  What would placate you?  Staying in the bounds of realism.

In all honesty I have zero interest in anything the man says anymore but that's irrelevant

What I mean is that the club can put virtually ANYTHING out to the fanbase and it will be adopted, believed instantly, and held as gospel and defended violently online by fans

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

Don’t disagree - if he is indeed useless.

But with the politics, we don’t really know (but I suspect he is too).

So what do you suggest, address Monk or address why we keep appointing Managers who don’t deliver?

Are you getting fed up with the Club being a complete shambles - but thinking changing the manager will make it all alright.

You (all of you) are only putting of inevitable.

The Club needs leadership and direction.

Agree with a lot of points you make.  

I think we need to address both sides ,Monk and the very people appointing the managers.  It is not a either or choice for me.  Both needs looking at with urgency.  

The reason I want Monk gone is that we can't keep going on with the performances where we can't score nor defend.  The very basics of winning a football match have long gone out the window.  

I despair when I see what is going on.  Sadly on the trajectory we are on, things could very well get much much worse.  I don't think some truly realise the potential catastrophe that could hit us.  

Which brings me back to the point on Monk.  Keep going like this then league 1 is coming.  

I want to see a change that will bring a short term improvement in the results.  Results that could ensure our safety this season which is of paramount importance.  

Get to the summer, then deal with all the off the field issues.

Anyway, that is how I am looking at it for time being.  

All the best.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

In all honesty I have zero interest in anything the man says anymore but that's irrelevant

What I mean is that the club can put virtually ANYTHING out to the fanbase and it will be adopted, believed instantly, and held as gospel and defended violently online by fans

And the complete opposite will be said as you imply in your above post.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My point is this..

The chairman could call a fans forum tomorrow morning (my gut feeling is that this is what he actually will do)

At the forum he could then say he and his family have been subject to vile abuse, that the players have been targetted on social media, and that certain outlets like Matt (footballtyper) and even Owlstalk are calling the club into question by talking about the clubs advisors

He could then say that he has put millions of pounds into the club and won't leave the club to rot and that he will do everything he can to sort it out, get promoted and make the family happy again.

Even that mad christmas eve rant on the official website got approval from the masses

You’ve forgotten the Henderson’s Relish.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The honest reason we don't really discuss certain individuals at length here is that it's too dangerous to do so. That's all I can say on it really mate

Sadly says it all really.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

My point is this..

These fans that attend, are they handpicked by DC himself? 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Did you go to the last one then?

What a strange night that was

I went with a mate who left ten minutes into the opening ramble

lol

Yes, my first one and went with an open mind, .was a mixture of the bizarre and surreal. 

Met DC beforehand and he seemed a genuinely nice guy, but crikey once he gets going he just doesn't stop. 

I came away more impressed with Katrien Meire. Thought she was a steadying influence, which I think has been missed. 

Just now, TaxiMark said:

These fans that attend, are they handpicked by DC himself? 

No mate

They are just random people who want to go along

There's no preselection

It's mainly older fans (some of them elderly) who stand up and tell you how long they've supported Wednesday for, how there's no brown sauce on the North Stand, and who applaud the chairman when he says things like he knows more about football than most fans there etc

And how everyone laughed (literally - full on guffaws) when Chansiri discussed criticism of the club/players from someone and said that at least we had a better squad than Sheffield United's (who then went on to promotion). The place laughed and cheered and applauded the chairman.

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Ronio said:

Agree with a lot of points you make.  

I think we need to address both sides ,Monk and the very people appointing the managers.  It is not a either or choice for me.  Both needs looking at with urgency.  

The reason I want Monk gone is that we can't keep going on with the performances where we can't score nor defend.  The very basics of winning a football match have long gone out the window.  

I despair when I see what is going on.  Sadly on the trajectory we are on, things could very well get much much worse.  I don't think some truly realise the potential catastrophe that could hit us.  

Which brings me back to the point on Monk.  Keep going like this then league 1 is coming.  

I want to see a change that will bring a short term improvement in the results.  Results that could ensure our safety this season which is of paramount importance.  

Get to the summer, then deal with all the off the field issues.

Anyway, that is how I am looking at it for time being.  

All the best.  

And, all the best to you too.

You certainly wear your heart on your sleeve. You epitomise all that is right with the Club. I wish I had your optimism,

Cant argue with most of that - other than you are putting off an eventual showdown.

But, you may well be right. It’s all about opinions.

Best Regards

• Like 1

1 minute ago, striker said:

Yes, my first one and went with an open mind, .was a mixture of the bizarre and surreal. 

Met DC beforehand and he seemed a genuinely nice guy, but crikey once he gets going he just doesn't stop. 

I came away more impressed with Katrien Meire. Thought she was a steadying influence, which I think has been missed. 

The opening statement was so bizarre and so so so long

And it was all lapped up

Owlstalk Shop

I went to the last forum and the chairman came for me in the break, ranting and raving.

Then he tried to embarrass me in front of everyone and I went back at him and made it clear what I thought about Amadeu etc.

They were very quick to move the microphone away from me and he never called me a liar or anything.

• Thanks 2