Is this guy reliable ?

4 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

But the simple fact is, they aren't being picked and won't be picked. Those ships have sailed. That's the point I am making. There is no point as fans harping on about it, even though I totally agree with you, because we don't pick the team and have no idea what is, and what has, gone on behind the scenes. Fans suggesting the starting 11 never has, and never will, happen.

I recall Monk saying early on in his role about discipline (yellow/red cards) and that he can accept certain situations where a card is given if it's not really the players fault. On the other hand, dissent for example, is something that players can control and therefore he won't tolerate those circumstances. Maybe Hutch has just pushed those boundaries too far perhaps, although he is not often booked for dissent. Maybe that dissent is being shown on the training ground. Maybe Monk is intolerant to the amount of injuries Westwood is getting and between the two of them they have become unreliable, in so much as they can't always be included or thought of in the match day squad, for one reason or another, be that yellow cards, dodgy knees or other injuries.

I appreciate debate though, but it's pointless. We won't change Monk's mind.

We can’t change Monks mind. I get that. We can only comment on what we see. Only my opinion, but Westwood is better than Dawson. Dawson needs a rest/break but he can’t have that because Westwood  is persona non grata. Whoever (Monk, Chansiri, or Paxo) decided that has created an unnecessary situation. Hutch is better than Pellupessy. ( I’m better than Pellupessy and I’m 51 and knackered). Again whoever decided to bin him off has created another issue. 
And whilst they do what they are doing on a Saturday, we are losing game after game and shipping goals for fun. 
The old arguments of paying top dollar for this also kick in.
Pick your best players, make sure we are safe this season, let them go in the summer if needs be. I get that. 
We were third before all this started. We may have been punching above our weight, but as we say the Championship is wide open, so perhaps we could have sustained it. 
Not now. And we might get relegated without a points deduction. Let that sink

in. League 1 because of the decisions made. Not for footballing reasons, because someone fell out with someone. And we paid millions (in wages) for the privilege. 
:1276983839_MonkHome::Chansiri:

11 hours ago, stanningtonowl said:

We can’t change Monks mind. I get that. We can only comment on what we see. Only my opinion, but Westwood is better than Dawson. Dawson needs a rest/break but he can’t have that because Westwood  is persona non grata. Whoever (Monk, Chansiri, or Paxo) decided that has created an unnecessary situation. Hutch is better than Pellupessy. ( I’m better than Pellupessy and I’m 51 and knackered). Again whoever decided to bin him off has created another issue. 
And whilst they do what they are doing on a Saturday, we are losing game after game and shipping goals for fun. 
The old arguments of paying top dollar for this also kick in.
Pick your best players, make sure we are safe this season, let them go in the summer if needs be. I get that. 
We were third before all this started. We may have been punching above our weight, but as we say the Championship is wide open, so perhaps we could have sustained it. 
Not now. And we might get relegated without a points deduction. Let that sink

in. League 1 because of the decisions made. Not for footballing reasons, because someone fell out with someone. And we paid millions (in wages) for the privilege. 
:1276983839_MonkHome::Chansiri:

It is just speculation (with some merit) that people fell out with each other and personally I think if that has happened, it's only as a result of them being dropped, not the reason for them being dropped. However, it's a valid point you made that this, along with the FFP monster DC has created, could result in relegation when at one point we were thinking about the play-offs.

I think from what we have seen on the pitch for the past few seasons, there would be few who disagree with your opinions on who is the best 'keeper. I certainly agree and agree that you are better than Pelupessy - and I've never seen you play lol

Only Monk knows the real reasons why he made the decisions but it certainly seems to have had a huge impact on results since it was taken. It's too coincidental not to be a contributing factor. If Monk feels that these two players can't always contribute to the match day squad, then I get why he has done what he has done if he is looking at things long-term, but it's affected the short-term and he should have considered that and a way back prior to making the decision and saying whatever it is that he said. Bridges seem to have been burned and that's never a good thing to do in my opinion. However it does take two and we don't know what Hutchinsons reaction was but he seems to have completely gone now. We've heard from Westwood so I guess he is still around so maybe it's not too late for him but I can't see Monk making that decision.

There's a lot more to this though, that again we can only speculate on. We are obviously in a mess financially with regards to FFP and I think in hindsight DC has gambled it all on one hand. He's made some shocking decisions since taking over and it's all coming across a little on the dodgy side now. Fake taxi companies, the sale of the ground to a company only registered the week before the ground sale, late accounts while trying to cook the books, extortionate ticket prices, Doyen and Amadeu Paixao involement. The list goes on. We are in a mess and I don't think anyone at the club knows the way out.

Edited by ChapSmurf