Is this guy reliable ?

1 minute ago, ReadingOwl said:

I don’t think it’s that binary.

Monk good/bad.

And, that’s what most people want to discuss on here.

Personally, I think he’s underwhelming. But, I wouldn’t sack him without other guarantees/plans/visions, in place.

Its pointless.

If getting shut of Monk makes you happy - good for you. Monk is symptom of the complete rudderless position of the Club.

He’s irrelevant in the grand scheme. A patsy.

Which is why he was appointed.

Pretty much agree with everything here,  I do wonder though why Monk keeps saying things can get better in the summer,  If we was stuck with Doyen and there the issue how could he think owt will get better in the summer 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Pretty much agree with everything here,  I do wonder though why Monk keeps saying things can get better in the summer,  If we was stuck with Doyen and there the issue how could he think owt will get better in the summer 

Because at least he can offload the problem players

Owlstalk Shop

I'm glad that people are starting to talk about the shady characters at S6 to be honest. Fair play to Matt, he's been banging on about Paxiao et al longer than most.

My biggest suspicion with all this is if Chansiri is so naive in the whole affair, why has he not publicly named AM as his right hand man, or given him the role of Director of Football? He obviously thinks this is all something which fans should be kept in the dark about, which worries more than anything.

4 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Sometimes you have to read between the lines. Look at what isn’t being said, as opposed to what is.

we love you bryan oh yes we do, we love bryan oh yes we do, we love you bryan oh yeah, oh bryan we love you.

Look at the Executive Boxes, look at the sponsorship deals, look at the 10 year season ticket offers.

I's standing over there by the tomatoes, and here he come, running through the pole beans, through the fruits and vegetables, nekkid as a jaybird,

If you don’t, you end up like Bolton and Bury.

and I hollered over t' Ethel I said, "Don't Look Ethel", but its too late, she'd already been incensed.

But with your name on the back of a seat.

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

I just want to know if I should hold Monk responsible for the results or not

Owlstalk said I should because Monk said it but apparently I shouldn’t because he isn’t responsible.

Very contradictory 

My postman is responsible for delivering my mail.

Sometimes he accidently puts em through next doors box. 

Dozy b*stard .

Sometimes I don't get any mail at all. 

Sometimes the van breaks down. Sometimes his gaffer outs him on a different route. Sometimes he's told he can't deliver me packets over a certain size but other times he can.

I'm not a fan of my postie. I don't think he's a great postie. 

But I don't blame him for everything that happens at Royal Mail which impacts his ability to get my mail to me.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Because at least he can offload the problem players

agree with this. I really don’t think Monk means anything else apart from he can get rid of some out of contract players. I would love it to be more but just can’t see it. 

14 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

That can be true.

But transparency, credible plans  and communication solves that.

Or, an underwater phone.

Its not that difficult if you’ve nothing to hide. That way, you take people with you.

Whatever is said by the club is instantly dismissed by certain fans and used against them.  It all become fake news so I can imagine DC thinking what's the point .

Cynicism is top dog.  

Just now, McRightSide said:

I just want to know if I should hold Monk responsible for the results or not

Owlstalk said I should because Monk said it but apparently I shouldn’t because he isn’t responsible.

Very contradictory 

I don’t rate Monk - but that’s a gut feeling. It’s not scientific, no appointment can be.

But, conversely you have to take his appointment in context. The tools he’s been given, the support he has. Has he been a fair go?

Do I know all the behind the scenes nuances, the politics? What his instructions are. Or, what Jos’ were?  No I don’t.

So, is he really a failure - or, is he doomed to fail?

Personally, I think anyone post Christmas could have done as well. Virtually anyone.

But Monk is the symptom - not necessarily the problem.

Sacking Monk is the Chairman’s “get out of jail card”.

And you’ll all be placated for a while. And, the Club will continue to rot.

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So not responsible now but then responsible next season?

Just workin on getting a little clarity on where I need to turn my negativity towards

Just keep it focused on Pelupessy and Dawson.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

10 minutes ago, DEH9 said:

My postman is responsible for delivering my mail.

Sometimes he accidently puts em through next doors box. 

Dozy b*stard .

Sometimes I don't get any mail at all. 

Sometimes the van breaks down. Sometimes his gaffer outs him on a different route. Sometimes he's told he can't deliver me packets over a certain size but other times he can.

I'm not a fan of my postie. I don't think he's a great postie. 

But I don't blame him for everything that happens at Royal Mail which impacts his ability to get my mail to me.

Fair point.

Just wondering, if the postie didnt turn up 4 times out of 5 days, would you phone up the Gaffer of the depot and demand he should resign as he's the manager and responsible?

Or would you question the commitment of the postie?

(Come to think of it, why not use email and go to the shops yourself, lazy bugger, poor Posties have enough to deal with by the sounds if it :biggrin:)

lol

Edited by striker

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Whatever is said by the club is instantly dismissed by certain fans and used against them.  It all become fake news so I can imagine DC thinking what's the point .

Cynicism is top dog.  

Well yes. You can play devils advocate for so long.

Until there isn’t anything to advocate about.