Is this guy reliable ?

5 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

This is a joke right?

No mate. It's called an opinion. That ok?

For a long time now he seems to have been dropping so deep that the midfield has been ceded to the opposition. 

His defensive positioning has always been sound, his distribution is good and he always seemed more composed when playing there.

7 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

My biggest suspicion with all this is if Chansiri is so naive in the whole affair, why has he not publicly named AM as his right hand man, or given him the role of Director of Football? He obviously thinks this is all something which fans should be kept in the dark about, which worries more than anything.

Not sure if that's legal.

I mean how can you have dof who is in control of transfers in and transfers out and may have financial interests in certain players coming and going.:rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Whatever is said by the club is instantly dismissed by certain fans and used against them.  It all become fake news so I can imagine DC thinking what's the point .

You totally underestimate the power of club PR and underestimate just how easy it is to not just have anything believed and bought into, but vehemently defended by our clubs fans

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I don’t rate Monk - but that’s a gut feeling. It’s not scientific, no appointment can be.

But, conversely you have to take his appointment in context. The tools he’s been given, the support he has. Has he been a fair go?

Do I know all the behind the scenes nuances, the politics? What his instructions are. Or, what Jos’ were?  No I don’t.

So, is he really a failure - or, is he doomed to fail?

Personally, I think anyone post Christmas could have done as well. Virtually anyone.

But Monk is the symptom - not necessarily the problem.

Sacking Monk is the Chairman’s “get out of jail card”.

And you’ll all be placated for a while. And, the Club will continue to rot.

The thing is Paul, Monk is part of the problem. Along with everything else going on off the field.  

You put a bad manager in a bad situation, it makes things 100 times worse imo.

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, striker said:

Fair point.

Just wondering, if the postie didnt turn up 4 times out of 5 days, would you phone up the Gaffer of the depot and demand he should resign as he's the manager and responsible?

Or would you question the commitment of the postie?

(Come to thing of it, why not use email and go to the shops yourself, lazy bugger, poor Posties have enough to deal with by the sounds if it :biggrin:)

lol

I’d phone the depot up and complain, and say he’s not been doing his job. I’d then expect the manager of the depot to resolve the issue and/or replace the postie. The week after when the exact same happens and nothing changes, I’d be getting p*ssed at the manager for not taking action. If this had gone on for 14 weeks in a row, I’d be wanting the manager of the depot sacked. AKA the manger picks the same gash players and tactics every week so it’s his fault not the players  

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I wasn't criticising, I don't have any evidence, I don't think anyone has, all seems to be presuppositions and whoever shouts the loudest gets heard. 

Because the evidence that is 100% visible is the state of the club right now both on and off the pitch. It is going to raise suscipions unless someone comes out and kills them with an alternative narrative. Would you advaocate just sitting back and doing or saying nowt because we are not fully aware of the true story?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ronio said:

The thing is Paul, Monk is part of the problem. Along with everything else going on off the field.  

You put a bad manager in a bad situation, it makes things 100 times worse imo.

Don’t disagree - if he is indeed useless.

But with the politics, we don’t really know (but I suspect he is too).

So what do you suggest, address Monk or address why we keep appointing Managers who don’t deliver?

Are you getting fed up with the Club being a complete shambles - but thinking changing the manager will make it all alright.

You (all of you), are only putting off inevitable.

The Club needs leadership and direction.

Do you trust his next appointment? What help will he get?

Edited by ReadingOwl
  • Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

You totally underestimate the power of club PR and underestimate just how easy it is to not just have anything believed and bought into, but vehemently defended by our clubs fans

Thats proves my point that soon as the club says anything you dismiss it out of hand. So why say anything?

How do you judge whats true and what's not true?  Or a close approximation. 

5 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Not sure if that's legal.

I mean how can you have dof who is in control of transfers in and transfers out and may have financial interests in certain players coming and going.:rolleyes:

Which is precisely my worry... Surely if Chansiri has half a brain, he realises that he has a conflict of interest!?

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

I’d phone the depot up and complain, and say he’s not been doing his job. I’d then expect the manager of the depot to resolve the issue and/or replace the postie. The week after when the exact same happens and nothing changes, I’d be getting p*ssed at the manager for not taking action. If this had gone on for 14 weeks in a row, I’d be wanting the manager of the depot sacked. AKA the manger picks the same gash players and tactics every week so it’s his fault not the players  

Is it better for the postie not to turn up at all or deliver every day, but aim for and miss the letterbox 

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Because the evidence that is 100% visible is the state of the club right now both on and off the pitch. It is going to raise suscipions unless someone comes out and kills them with an alternative narrative. Would you advaocate just sitting back and doing or saying nowt because we are not fully aware of the true story?

So what we gonna do? I'm more than happy to do something on the back of the truth. What do you have in mind? (I'm not boycotting the club)

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Thats proves my point that soon as the club says anything you dismiss it out of hand. So why say anything?

How do you judge whats true and what's not true?  Or a close approximation. 

It doesn't really prove any point?

My point is this..

The chairman could call a fans forum tomorrow morning (my gut feeling is that this is what he actually will do)

At the forum he could then say he and his family have been subject to vile abuse, that the players have been targetted on social media, and that certain outlets like Matt (footballtyper) and even Owlstalk are calling the club into question by talking about the clubs advisors

He could then say that he has put millions of pounds into the club and won't leave the club to rot and that he will do everything he can to sort it out, get promoted and make the family happy again.

He'd get a standing ovation and fans would be placated again

Seen it time and time again

Even that mad christmas eve rant on the official website got approval from the masses

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Neil, were you told at some point to not have fans mention Paxiao on here? I'm sure I can remember mods advising people not to talk about him?

Apologies if I've misremembered/made this up lol

11 minutes ago, striker said:

Fair point.

Just wondering, if the postie didnt turn up 4 times out of 5 days, would you phone up the Gaffer of the depot and demand he should resign as he's the manager and responsible?

Or would you question the commitment of the postie?

(Come to think of it, why not use email and go to the shops yourself, lazy bugger, poor Posties have enough to deal with by the sounds if it :biggrin:)

His gaffers not bothered. He's got bigger issue to worry about. 

Like making sure the public don't find out about all the thieves in the sorting office! 

• Haha 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Just now, Bing Cosby said:

Neil, were you told at some point to not have fans mention Paxiao on here? I'm sure I can remember mods advising people not to talk about him?

Apologies if I've misremembered/made this up lol

The honest reason we don't really discuss certain individuals at length here is that it's too dangerous to do so. That's all I can say on it really mate

Owlstalk Shop

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Because at least he can offload the problem players

Don’t doubt that at all , just hope he gets the tools to start again and doyen are not calling the shots 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It doesn't really prove any point?

My point is this..

The chairman could call a fans forum tomorrow morning (my gut feeling is that this is what he actually will do)

At the forum he could then say he and his family have been subject to vile abuse, that the players have been targetted on social media, and that certain outlets like Matt (footballtyper) and even Owlstalk are calling the club into question by talking about the clubs advisors

He could then say that he has put millions of pounds into the club and won't leave the club to rot and that he will do everything he can to sort it out, get promoted and make the family happy again.

He'd get a standing ovation and fans would be placated again

Seen it time and time again

Even that mad christmas eve rant on the official website got approval from the masses

What do you want him to say?  What would placate you?  Staying in the bounds of realism.