Monks gone?

If what he’s saying is true a drill instructor would have a job on sorting this lot out. We need a manager that the players respect or fear. No doubt Bullen will take the helm of Monk goes bit other than bringing KW and SH back I can’t see a massive improvement. 

Edited by steelcityowlsfan

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Why would he leave a club like Grimsby to join us. You are Codding us. 

There's no Plaice like grimsby. 

He's a Freeman (Street) and he can do what he wants. Perhaps he just fancies a Fresh(ney) Place?

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

Not an internet geek but hearing rumours are rife that he’s walked. Anyone heard owt?

He won't go without the compensation he is entitled to (depending on the contract)

13 minutes ago, poite said:

Following his interview yesterday I wouldn't be surprised. 

He seemed completely lost with what's happening. 

He's burnt bridges and now he's suffering wading through the lake of shyte

He was far from lost he was being honest about the players 

13 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

6 times? to be fair to him did well at Swansea, leeds . boro maybe not . and he was a hero at Birmingham ,got sacked was nothing to do with football reasons . that don't mean im sticking up 4 him , our problems stem back 4-5 years with an owner who will destroy my club unless he sells up to an owner what has a clue and a long term plan. monk has to go as we are in effect bottom of the league once the 12 points deduction kicks in . us and hull couldn't even beat a league 2 team at present and im worried we might get hit for double figure defeat the way things are . stopping up is vital or just look at other examples Bolton,bury,ipswich,sunderland Coventry , the club could spend 10-15 years in a serious decline. 

My mistake 5 clubs ,But my question is he a good manager ,When he started with us ,I had doubts but some of the results were positive ,The collapse of the team recently ,Why ? is it the manager or something we do not know about .? Mates went to Luton said they were playing us off the park .What is wrong at this club.?

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

If Monk leaving helps to uncover what's going on inside the club I welcome it...if not I can't see the point.

If Monk leaves and tells all, what are we expecting to hear.

That the club is run like a charity, by an owner who had a vision but no plan...

That certain squad members have been there too long, have a negative, disruptive influence and are just there for their exorbitant wage. (Why has Rhodes not moved somewhere so he play football).

None of this would be a surprise.

Some if these dressing room influencers will be gone in 3 months. Despite the terrible run, I’d keep Monk until  the end of the season.

I can’t see this club being taken over whilst there’s a points deduction hanging over us, I hope that gets sorted out soon. Would relegation be such a bad thing ? 

This club needs rebuilding and Chansiri is not the man to do it. He must know his race is run, but he’s shown before he’s stubborn. Until he goes, there’s no chance of moving forward.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

If Monk leaves and tells all, what are we expecting to hear.

That the club is run like a charity, by an owner who had a vision but no plan...

That certain squad members have been there too long, have a negative, disruptive influence and are just there for their exorbitant wage. (Why has Rhodes not moved somewhere so he play football).

None of this would be a surprise.

Some if these dressing room influencers will be gone in 3 months. Despite the terrible run, I’d keep Monk until  the end of the season.

I can’t see this club being taken over whilst there’s a points deduction hanging over us, I hope that gets sorted out soon. Would relegation be such a bad thing ? 

This club needs rebuilding and Chansiri is not the man to do it. He must know his race is run, but he’s shown before he’s stubborn. Until he goes, there’s no chance of moving forward.

Yes either he speaks out or the new incumbent will.

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

What did the papers say Andy? 

Football league paper was all about Brentford an called us strugglers.

Watched the interview afterwards and if his wife was watching she would be moving the kitchen knives out of the way . I actually felt a bit sorry for him :blink:

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

I Hake to say it but you are probably right  

Next........... 

Just realised Monk is a fish as well. Will he be caught out? 

He's getting battered by fans that's for sure. 

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Monk won't tell all...carlos was supposed to..There will be a confidentiality clause ....We need an investigative Journo....

Any local ones from the Star...that can spell?

Absolutely - No-one will disclose commercially sensitive information Whilst in post and departures will have been required to sign NDAs...

No one Beyond the confines of the club will ever know.

46 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

6 times? to be fair to him did well at Swansea, leeds . boro maybe not . and he was a hero at Birmingham ,got sacked was nothing to do with football reasons . that don't mean im sticking up 4 him , our problems stem back 4-5 years with an owner who will destroy my club unless he sells up to an owner what has a clue and a long term plan. monk has to go as we are in effect bottom of the league once the 12 points deduction kicks in . us and hull couldn't even beat a league 2 team at present and im worried we might get hit for double figure defeat the way things are . stopping up is vital or just look at other examples Bolton,bury,ipswich,sunderland Coventry , the club could spend 10-15 years in a serious decline. 

Did well at Swansea? Took over a good team, and within a year they were poo and heading for relegation. Leeds? Presided over the funniest end of season collapse known to man. Sacked from bono and brum because of the awful football? A hero at brum? Really? They hated him and his negative football. There’s a reason he never stops long. He bores the fans to death. Get shut now and let’s start enjoying going to games again

Plonk has hit the nail on the head about Monk and his record.

I also think like you that it is important to have some enjoyment in going to watch and nor is it cheap.

If you were not a Wednesday fan would anyone dream of going to watch a Monk football team?