Monks gone?

What I'm trying to say is let's face it no matter what we do the only excitement Sheffield Wednesday fans get these days wondering what the chairman is going to get next in from the scrap yard as a manager.... changing manager is not the answer it's a temporary solution until the players do it again with the next manager........

• Like 1

Guest LittleG
Just now, Owlsend said:

Correct the manager does pick etc the formations the style of play but let's face it if there's a problem with the players and he's trying to change something that wasn't broken in the first place which is confusing him.

and he's trying all different things which is making him look bad because no matter what he does for some reason the players are not going to respond..

If could  be his confusion that has spread to the players. If he doesn't know what he's doing, god help the players. Not saying that's the case but you never know. I'm not defending the players and think that they are equally as responsible as Monk for the problems on the pitch.

If Monk goes then Chansiri needs to go all out and get another manager in of the calibre of Bruce, someone who has been there and done it, who these current set

of fannies can look up to and respect

This club needs a big manager with a big personality, it’s only ever done anything when it’s had a big manager, all the others just can’t handle it

We need someone like Allardyce, but he wouldn’t come 

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

If Monk goes then Chansiri needs to go all out and get another manager in of the calibre of Bruce, someone who has been there and done it, who these current set

of fannies can look up to and respect

This club needs a big manager with a big personality, it’s only ever done anything when it’s had a big manager, all the others just can’t handle it

We need someone like Allardyce, but he wouldn’t come 

Damning thing for me is I couldn't honestly say what formation or style of play monk is aiming at? Compare to the other Gary at Millwall, who has turned them around, organised the team, found a formation that works and could end up getting them in play offs.

Seems stupid though monk has not been able to bring his own team in coaching wise, 

25 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Through a penalty. It was a gift.

You can't get a penalty if you don't get into the penalty area. We have made an art form out of that under Monk at home. Two 1st half goals at Hillsborough since that penalty and one of those came when we were already 2-0 down. 

16 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

Correct the manager does pick etc the formations the style of play but let's face it if there's a problem with the players and he's trying to change something that wasn't broken in the first place which is confusing him.

and he's trying all different things which is making him look bad because no matter what he does for some reason the players are not going to respond..

Monk's said twice or more that they train very well... it's totally baffling..

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

Did well at Swansea? Took over a good team, and within a year they were poo and heading for relegation. Leeds? Presided over the funniest end of season collapse known to man. Sacked from bono and brum because of the awful football? A hero at brum? Really? They hated him and his negative football. There’s a reason he never stops long. He bores the fans to death. Get shut now and let’s start enjoying going to games again

cant agree regards Birmingham ,he took over them in a terrible mess and took them right up table ,they have loads of sellable players totally unlike us , my kid watches youtube blogs etc davo diary , brumie joe etc and he had hero status when he was there , the Birmingham fans were as upset as us when big ron left. at leeds yer they tailed off . don't think im sticking up for monk cause im not, he is making too many very wrong decisions and just for short term status he has to go . we are almost certainly relegated this season unless he leaves . what Hutchinson and westwood do regards training has been happening for 5 years , there not our answer going forward but till may we need them,but no way will monk touch them ,he will sooner play pelepessy what says it all. 

5 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Damning thing for me is I couldn't honestly say what formation or style of play monk is aiming at? Compare to the other Gary at Millwall, who has turned them around, organised the team, found a formation that works and could end up getting them in play offs.

Seems stupid though monk has not been able to bring his own team in coaching wise, 

he doesn't have a coaching team to speak of. He has only ever worked with Clotet and Beattie. Clotet can't abide him anymore and nobody else seemingly wants to employ Beattie which doesn't say a great deal about his coaching pedigree. 

2 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

My mistake 5 clubs ,But my question is he a good manager ,When he started with us ,I had doubts but some of the results were positive ,The collapse of the team recently ,Why ? is it the manager or something we do not know about .? Mates went to Luton said they were playing us off the park .What is wrong at this club.?

He managed Swansea to there highest points total in the Premier League and had 40% win rates in championship.  So I guess he us better than some give credit.  It is clear he is not the problem and him going resolves nothing.

Talk of Megson and Pulis is laughable. How long ago were fans in here complaining Monks tactics were hoofball.  So let bring in the hoofball masters to change things. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You can't get a penalty if you don't get into the penalty area. We have made an art form out of that under Monk at home. Two 1st half goals at Hillsborough since that penalty and one of those came when we were already 2-0 down. 

Blame Monk if you want, but he had us 3rd at Christmas. I'm not a fan of his. I see no plan or playing philosophy in what he's doing - but we were competitive in every game. The players have switched off. Monk tried to dismiss it as inconsistency to begin with, but that doesn't wash. Inconsistent teams aren't 3rd halfway through the season, they're kicking about mid-table.

These players have a lot to answer for. They down tools whenever they want. Despite being handsomely paid to play the game they supposedly love in front of thousands of supporters, they still can't bring themselves to give a shît. 

We're not gonna get a big manager with a basket case chairman.  Best we can hope for right now is just somebody different until the end of the season who can play our best team and have plenty of energy to avoid relegation.

1 minute ago, Tommycraign10others said:

He managed Swansea to there highest points total in the Premier League and had 40% win rates in championship.  So I guess he us better than some give credit.  It is clear he is not the problem and him going resolves nothing.

Talk of Megson and Pulis is laughable. How long ago were fans in here complaining Monks tactics were hoofball.  So let bring in the hoofball masters to change things. 

Its got nothing to do with 'hoofball' or styles, at the minute we need results, we need to stay up, Monk cant get anything more out of these.

I'd love Megson to come in and sort some of this fraudulent lot out.

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Its got nothing to do with 'hoofball' or styles, at the minute we need results, we need to stay up, Monk cant get anything more out of these.

Nah

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Blame Monk if you want, but he had us 3rd at Christmas. I'm not a fan of his. I see no plan or playing philosophy in what he's doing - but we were competitive in every game. The players have switched off. Monk tried to dismiss it as inconsistency to begin with, but that doesn't wash. Inconsistent teams aren't 3rd halfway through the season, they're kicking about mid-table.

These players have a lot to answer for. They down tools whenever they want. Despite being handsomely paid to play the game they supposedly love in front of thousands of supporters, they still can't bring themselves to give a shît. 

Completely agree. Only Fletcher has done anything worthy or warranting being here next season and even then it would need to be on reduced terms due to his age.

The problem is we cant get rid of all the players until the season is done. Monk continues to pick them, continues to serve up rubbish and continues to be out of the game by half-time. He is the one thing we can change now. Someone else might get a couple of months decent results out of these players - as Monk and his predecessors did, then the players can all be told where to go in the summer. 

Its baffling.....So what do you put it down to....?

If we agree on say for instance ...

Forestieri is better than Cruz or Pelepussy..Is it obvious?

I'm of the opinion it is (No coaching badge (r)s)

I would go as far as to say its blindingly obvious..I would sway towards playing Hunt..who did more in 20 minutes the other night than Cruz or JP.

So why..pick that line up at Brentford?

Has he got favourites?

Are some of "deep rooted" problems involving certain players?

Guest timrud
3 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Just when you think you've heard it all..

He almost ruined our Lg1 season and we had to be saved by Dave Jones

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Completely agree. Only Fletcher has done anything worthy or warranting being here next season and even then it would need to be on reduced terms due to his age.

The problem is we cant get rid of all the players until the season is done. Monk continues to pick them, continues to serve up rubbish and continues to be out of the game by half-time. He is the one thing we can change now. Someone else might get a couple of months decent results out of these players - as Monk and his predecessors did, then the players can all be told where to go in the summer. 

I think a managerial change at this stage would be too little too late. By the time new guy gets his views across and a response from the players, season's over. Monk isn't great by any stretch of the imagination, but the players have screwed us. If DC can't fight these charges, we're going one way. 

Look, Monk isn't a bad manager. He's shown promise, decent spells in his career and still only 40. 

I agree, football has been simplistic, one dimensional at times whether by design or contrained by players available. He also showed what could be achieved with a committed squad before Christmas. 

That said results of late not good enough and the manner of performance levels alarming.

Whether he stays or goes isn't going to upset me, I'm not not naive enough to put blame solely on him and think that it would solve our problems  

Far from it, in the short term we'd get Bullen back and the players back in control of the holiday camp, then a Paxo choice of replacement, in no particular rush. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, timrud said:

Just when you think you've heard it all..

He almost ruined our Lg1 season and we had to be saved by Dave Jones

We were 3rd when he got the sack, big players were missing through injury.

Antonio made a huge difference to our side, a player megson brought in.

Dave Jones got a few results and it snowballed.

The pigs also had some bad luck with the Ched Evans saga.

Right now Id take Megson over Monk anyday but I seriously doubt he could work under Chansiri/ Doyan and AP.