Monks gone?

2 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I wouldn’t mind Bullen. He’ll probably bring Westwood and Hutchinson back in, which for this season I think would be the right thing just to stop this awful run. Then if the rumours are true that they are bad eggs, they can be let go once we stay up. We just can’t afford to continue with Dawson and Pessy in the team.

Until they downed tools for for him as well...again.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Plonk has hit the nail on the head about Monk and his record.

I also think like you that it is important to have some enjoyment in going to watch and nor is it cheap.

If you were not a Wednesday fan would anyone dream of going to watch a Monk football team?

You can apply the last part to any championship manager tbf..

3 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Just a Question ,Why do some on here think Monk is a good manager ? Been sacked 6 times already and in his early 40s.

That’s because he started managing young?

If someone started managing at 50 and by 55 had been sacked 6 times - doesn’t sound as bad does it? 55 and 6 clubs. 

43 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Monk won't tell all...carlos was supposed to..There will be a confidentiality clause ....We need an investigative Journo....

Any local ones from the Star...that can spell?

Nope

There will always be options of managers who want the SWFC job.

Football can turn round very quickly.

Just look at Warnock who  took over at Cardiff when they were in the Championship relegation zone and within little more than 18 months they were a Premier League team .

The trick as ever is picking a good one.

13 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This so called " legend " show show some integrity and tell the fans what's going on...will he? Don't hold your breath peeps

Funny thing is, they shafted their "mate" Bullen on at least 2 separate occasions. 

This season, he actively declared an interest in taking the main job and they threw him under a bus. 

That's all you need to know about this group of players and perhaps Bullen himself. 

Guest Grez Bez

I've nothing against Monk but don't think he's up to it.

We need to bring in someone new in prep for the clearout for next season. Who is the question!

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally I hope not. It will just be a get out for these players before a new manager falls for them putting a bit of effort in and they get new contracts. Also will just divert some of the blame from them and that clueless owner. Bullen will just walk in to the caretaker job yet again and the whole pathetic process starts all over. 

Carry on as we are for the rest of the season then?

Not going to get many more points with this guy in charge.

Monk simply needs to go along with Bullen. We need a new manager bounce just to give us some hope of staying up. The rebuild can start in the summer but for now we just need to stay up.

Our issues are far bigger than just the manager but Monk has shown nothing at his previous clubs or here to suggest that he's worth sticking with and planning for the future with. Bring in someone short term just to keep us up and then in the summer bring in an up and coming lower league manager to build for the future with, long term or bring someone like that in now, if they'll take it.

I'd bring in someone like Warnock or Megson, until the end of the season, just to keep us up. See how it goes and give them next season, if they show enough to suggest they deserve a crack at it for a season or if not bring in someone on the rise in the summer or go for someone like that asap but Monk has to go and we need to start being more sensible off the pitch and showing some leadership on and off the pitch. Sadly, if we stay up, I wouldn't be surprised if we're in a similar position this time next season, looking for another manager to save us.

Edited by The Night-Owl

37 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Funny thing is, they shafted their "mate" Bullen on at least 2 separate occasions. 

This season, he actively declared an interest in taking the main job and they threw him under a bus. 

That's all you need to know about this group of players and perhaps Bullen himself. 

Not sure they threw him under the bus, he just doesn't have the tactical nous to be a long term manager.

He got some decent results on both occasions though and his record in the league with this squad this season is won 3 lost 3. No way are we getting anywhere near winning 3 more under Monk at the moment so might just be worth giving Bullen a go for the remaining games. 2 months ago I'd have said no way at this suggestion but Monk is incapable of getting a tune out of this lot and we have been dire against poor teams and against teams in poor form. The 2-1 defeat to QPR under Bullen now looks like a decent result alongside our results this year!

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Carry on as we are for the rest of the season then?

Not going to get many more points with this guy in charge.

so the players just get away with playing like they are. We have had several managers here while these wasters are playing for us and they all come to the same problem. The players are the problem not Monk. 

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Monk simply needs to go along with Bullen. We need a new manager bounce just to give us some hope of staying up. The rebuild can start in the summer but for now we just need to stay up.

Our issues are far bigger than just the manager but Monk has shown nothing at his previous clubs or here to suggest that he's worth sticking with and planning for the future with. Bring in someone short term just to keep us up and then in the summer bring in an up and coming lower league manager to build for the future with, long term or bring someone like that in now, if they'll take it.

I'd bring in someone like Warnock or Megson, until the end of the season, just to keep us up. See how it goes and give them next season, if they show enough to suggest they deserve a crack at it for a season or if not bring in someone on the rise in the summer or go for someone like that asap but Monk has to go and we need to start being more sensible off the pitch and showing some leadership on and off the pitch. Sadly, if we stay up, I wouldn't be surprised if we're in a similar position this time next season, looking for another manager to save us.

Do you really think Megson or Warnock would take a 9-game contract in our current position? They would demand a fortune just for that if there was no promise of it going further.

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

so the players just get away with playing like they are. We have had several managers here while these wasters are playing for us and they all come to the same problem. The players are the problem not Monk. 

No, but we can't get rid of the players until the summer. 

Monk dug out the players to a man against Wigan & Luton and has picked from largely the same bunch and whatever he has done has made no difference, he is not good enough and is the main element we can change now.

3 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Whatever the deep rooted problems the club has, Garry Monk is proving incapable of picking the right team to beat the opposites and arrest an alarming decline in form. He is starting to act like a tashless Jos. Who on this good planet thinks that Joey P and Cruz are the best options to start from that squad?

He should go and for all his weary eyed posturing, as teams like Swansea and Leeds have discovered before, when he goes on a bad run, he struggles to turn it around.

it would be deja vu to get Bullen again, but there are plenty of experienced managers such as Megson and Pulis who would sort this mess out for a short term contract and big bonus. 

It's the players. Think about it. Cup games we can play well, concentration, application, effort. League games, no concentration, no effort, no pride. They want us to get relegated.

There's no other logical explanation. Not all of them but enough to make us lose games we should win.

I don't care if Monk stays or goes but the root cause of the problem is in the squad. Personally if I owned the club I would pay up Hutchinsons contract and tell Westwood not to show his face at the club again even if I had to pay his wages to the end of his contract. (assuming they are part of the problem.) I'd then do a Jos and anyone who didn't give 100% would be consigned to the naughty step and replaced by players who did want to fight for the club even if that meant playing U23's each week. Seriously can they produce any worse performances than yesterday.

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Do you really think Megson or Warnock would take a 9-game contract in our current position? They would demand a fortune just for that if there was no promise of it going further.

No, but we can't get rid of the players until the summer. 

Monk dug out the players to a man against Wigan & Luton and has picked from largely the same bunch and whatever he has done has made no difference, he is not good enough and is the main element we can change now.

so what if we get a different manager in, probably be yes man Bullen and he or whoever the new manager is decides in his wisdom to offer the majority of out of contract players new contracts. At least Monk has realised we need them out of the club. I’m just so sick and tired of these same pathetic players. 

Edited by WalthamOwl