Monks gone?

Whatever the deep rooted problems the club has, Garry Monk is proving incapable of picking the right team to beat the opposites and arrest an alarming decline in form. He is starting to act like a tashless Jos. Who on this good planet thinks that Joey P and Cruz are the best options to start from that squad?

He should go and for all his weary eyed posturing, as teams like Swansea and Leeds have discovered before, when he goes on a bad run, he struggles to turn it around.

it would be deja vu to get Bullen again, but there are plenty of experienced managers such as Megson and Pulis who would sort this mess out for a short term contract and big bonus. 

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Probably is Bullen again.

At least we should get the obligatory two or three wins before they f00k him over too.

This is the main worry for me, that we appoint Bullen. The whole thing needs a complete overhaul.
We need a manager with his own coaching staff to come in with new ideas and an actual plan. Utd eventually got it right with Wilder, he transformed the whole culture at the club with decent signings and committed players who he knew would work in his system.

3 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Yes, but will they be any good?  And what does “We are Sheffield Wednesday” actually mean?  It suggests a certain arrogance and living on former glories to me, which will not move us forward.

It means we're a Championship club, potentially one season away from the premiership, with a big fan base, large ground, tradition and history oozing out of every pore and much much more.

To some football people we are an attractive prospect to manage. Granted, we won't get a Pep and so on but there are ambitious people who would relish a crack with us.

Bullen is not the answer even as caretaker. If Monk leaves I hope every one of the current staff follow him out of the door. I would like Monk to be able to bring his own staff in. If he goes we need a completely new management team in with new ideas. Not sodding Bullen who is a massive part of the problem with the club. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

From 3rd at Christmas to needing a crisis manager.  

Well done Wednesday. 

Tbf even when we were third it was still poo watch. And I always thought we were in a false position. Needs someone to rescue this season now before it gets worse. 

23 minutes ago, Nigel Farage said:

We are Sheffield Wednesday.

In the whole wide world of football, there will be people that would want to manage Sheffield Wednesday.

Like any other club we can get someone in, the problem is with the current stat of affairs we need a miracle worker. Not many of them will currently come to Hillsborough. 

Dare I say it, I think we need Colin.

WTF:

Just now, Nigel Farage said:

It means we're a Championship club, potentially one season away from the premiership, with a big fan base, large ground, tradition and history oozing out of every pore and much much more.

Much much closer to League One though. Not even one season away, potentially. Good luck attracting a decent manager with a points deduction hanging over our heads. Tradition or not.

It's not monks fault tho, the chairman , paxaio and players are to blame. But some fans need a scape goat and the manager is the easiest to do this.

Jos luhukay had exactly the same issues but wasnt tactful enough to say what needed saying.

Bruce seen how bad it was and jumped ship.

If they sack monk we will just end up with the same results and end up with some foreign nobody as head coach

Edited by stocksyuto

4 minutes ago, Nigel Farage said:

To some football people we are an attractive prospect to manage. Granted, we won't get a Pep and so on but there are ambitious people who would relish a crack with us.

I used to think like that as well - a romantic view of the club we all love.

What I see now is a club closer to League 1 than the Premier League, a declining fan base, beautiful old ground in need of much improvement and a history that means very little in today’s football world.  Worst of all, we have an owner who has no idea (or interest in) how to take this club forward in a professional and sustainable manner.

Up The Owls!