Monks gone?

If Monk left, new man comes in, players play out of their skins till end of Season, all get new contracts,

then it all starts again, and round and round we go until the Club has imploded.

Monk has identified the problem areas lets let him get rid of the sh!t, we can always get rid of him at a later date.

Lets just hope we don't get relegated whilst the process plays out.

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

Agree about the players but they're picked and instructed by the manager, coached by him and the likes of Bullen.

The issues are far bigger than simply the manager to be fair but our form is as bad as when Jos was axed. If we do nothing, I can see us going down with or without a points deduction.

Can we risk sticking with Monk and Bullen, and somehow hoping we stay up, when it's hard to see where the next win will come from?

But they aren’t set up and coached to go and play as though they don’t care? 
They should be docked wages for that performance 

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, striker said:

I know it's an over used argument but who?

I genuinely don't think Monk is a bad manager, circumstances, some of which out of his control exasperating the situation. 

Thing is, what exactly are these off the field circumstances that are compelling us to play absolutely dog sh*t week after week and conceding so many goals? 

We have financial problems and FFP problems... what else? Because even despite that we have a squad of players who should be able to pick up more points than they have. It's totally the managers fault for picking the wrong team every week and bad tactics. He's blaming everyone but himself for the situation and he needs to go.

Financial problems really shouldn't stop a manager picking a team and doing the basics well. 

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, daleblue said:

If Monk left, new man comes in, players play out of their skins till end of Season, all get new contracts,

then it all starts again, and round and round we go until the Club has imploded.

Monk has identified the problem areas lets let him get rid of the sh!t, we can always get rid of him at a later date.

Who are the sh*t in your opinion, because we're going to have to decide on names when picking who stays and goes. Because I get the impression based on his team selections that Monk thinks the sh*t are the likes of Westwood and Hutchinson, and the likes of Dawson and Pelupessy are doing a good job since they get to play every week despite putting in 1/10 performances the week before.

To me the sh*t are the ones who are on the pitch every week not performing: Dawson, Palmer, Fox, Lees, Lee, Pelupessy, Harris, Murphy, Nuhui... I'm excluding Iorfa, Bannan and Fletcher because i think they'd perform in a better team, not their fault they're surrounded by cr*p.

So I can't see any evidence that Monk has identified the problems to be honest... his team selections suggest that he sees less than most other people.

4 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Monk supposedly identified the problem areas weeks ago yet still picks from the same bunch of players who are causing him problems week in week out. He continues to pick the bang out of form Dawson, he continues to pick Pelupessy, he plays Da Cruz from the start in different positions, none of which work. He makes substitutions at half time in nearly every game because what he works on all week goes down the drain within half an hour. 2 first half at goals at home under him all season shows how much attacking intent he sends us out with.

Just now, sweetsheri said:

But they aren’t set up and coached to go and play as though they don’t care? 
They should be docked wages for that performance 

True and the same thing as happened numerous times before whilst Bullen and some of the players have been here. However, they have been capable of some sort of new manager bounce.

My issue with Monk, even before he came here, was he's never stuck around in a job and never achieved anything at this level. His record here is also mirroring his record at his previous clubs too, a decent spell followed by a collapse. Nothing he's done previously or whilst here, suggests he's worth sticking with long term or even short term.

Simply to not change anything now and I fear we're as good as down, if not this season then sooner or later. like I said, it's not all the managers fault but he's not blameless or excused, results are simply not good enough.

Short term change is needed just to stay up but we need restructuring and a rebuild in the summer and some sort of long term plan. But Monk and Bullen, just like many of the players, have shown nothing to suggest they're worth being a part of that long term plan.

The only advantage I could see in Meggo coming back would be to be able to watch the flappin' f.ookers run through greno woods....I'd be there in lincoln green wiv a bloody quarterstaff...stood on log across a stream , knocking the overpaid wasters into the sodding river...one by one 

"Thats for Blackburn" I'd warble 

"Thats for Brentford" I'd yell

"Thats cos yer Pelupessy " I'd whitter

I would let Bannan across...Iorfa ..I mean...(Even wiv a f.ookin' quarter staff?)

Then i'd disappear into the greenwood singin' "Hi Ho" as  Alan a Dale would sing it

• Haha 5

Guest Theboylangers

If we are to get rid, then let's make sure we get shut of Bullen as well. 

Might as well have a clean sweep. 

33 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

In the summer yes but changing now wouldn’t achieve anything.

Monk has to discard Lees, JP, Dawson and maybe some others. Got to hope Luongo and reach coming back will make a difference 

The players are the ones who’ve let us down. When they cross that line the very least you’d expect is a bit of effort. 

When I read that it reminded me of our old JP. 
Oh how I loved him. 

16 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Who are the sh*t in your opinion, because we're going to have to decide on names when picking who stays and goes. Because I get the impression based on his team selections that Monk thinks the sh*t are the likes of Westwood and Hutchinson, and the likes of Dawson and Pelupessy are doing a good job since they get to play every week despite putting in 1/10 performances the week before.

To me the sh*t are the ones who are on the pitch every week not performing: Dawson, Palmer, Fox, Lees, Lee, Pelupessy, Harris, Murphy, Nuhui... I'm excluding Iorfa, Bannan and Fletcher because i think they'd perform in a better team, not their fault they're surrounded by cr*p.

So I can't see any evidence that Monk has identified the problems to be honest... his team selections suggest that he sees less than most other people.

I agree these players need to be out, problem of his own making is he has frozen players out who could / should be playing, but if someone new came in

wouldn't it be another case of everyone's got a clean slate and new Manager get's hoodwinked, all starts again.

And it's not my opinion that counts with ref to sh!t players, that's down to the Manager.

16 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Monk supposedly identified the problem areas weeks ago yet still picks from the same bunch of players who are causing him problems week in week out. He continues to pick the bang out of form Dawson, he continues to pick Pelupessy, he plays Da Cruz from the start in different positions, none of which work. He makes substitutions at half time in nearly every game because what he works on all week goes down the drain within half an hour. 2 first half at goals at home under him all season shows how much attacking intent he sends us out with.

Agree but he has frozen players out, so not much choice, made a rod for his own back.

What I am trying to get across is that if you change the Manager now, we might not get rid of the players we need to enabling the Club to move on positively.

Is Chansiri even in the country ? Honestly hope he sells up. Monk is not the issue. I dont know what everyone expected when a manager comes in and the back room staff is the same as it was for the previous manager. 

One man cant change everything. He needs trusted associates at the side of him. Chansiri has sold him short.

Utter disgrace of a chairman.

37 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Agree about the players but they're picked and instructed by the manager, coached by him and the likes of Bullen.

The issues are far bigger than simply the manager to be fair but our form is as bad as when Jos was axed. If we do nothing, I can see us going down with or without a points deduction.

Can we risk sticking with Monk and Bullen, and somehow hoping we stay up, when it's hard to see where the next win will come from?

This. We must fix the short term risk of relegation and then focus on the bigger picture. Something has to change to give us a boost, we carry on as we are and we will get relegated imo.

2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I agree these players need to be out, problem of his own making is he has frozen players out who could / should be playing, but if someone new came in

wouldn't it be another case of everyone's got a clean slate and new Manager get's hoodwinked, all starts again.

And it's not my opinion that counts with ref to sh!t players, that's down to the Manager.

Agree but he has frozen players out, so not much choice, made a rod for his own back.

What I am trying to get across is that if you change the Manager now, we might not get rid of the players we need to enabling the Club to move on positively.

Yep, his own fault, another negative and I am struggling to see anyone actually point to any positives in terms of what his management offers.

No need to appoint a long-term manager now, nobody is likely to sign up to that until the potential points deduction is decided anyway.

I know many feel Bullen is part of the problem and I agree he has been appointed to a position above his ability. I don't mind having him at the club but he should have a role with the academy teams or an ambassadorial position, not first team coach. However, his caretaker record is generally win one, lose one or two. I would take that right now and feel he could do no worse than Monk is. 

5 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Is Chansiri even in the country ? Honestly hope he sells up. Monk is not the issue. I dont know what everyone expected when a manager comes in and the back room staff is the same as it was for the previous manager. 

One man cant change everything. He needs trusted associates at the side of him. Chansiri has sold him short.

Utter disgrace of a chairman.

Monk doesn't have any trusted associates with any football coaching ability!

26 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

While ever Chansiri and his lapdog are here, there is no point changing the manager. 

Wasn’t any point bringing Bruce in then ... ?

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yep, his own fault, another negative and I am struggling to see anyone actually point to any positives in terms of what his management offers.

No need to appoint a long-term manager now, nobody is likely to sign up to that until the potential points deduction is decided anyway.

I know many feel Bullen is part of the problem and I agree he has been appointed to a position above his ability. I don't mind having him at the club but he should have a role with the academy teams or an ambassadorial position, not first team coach. However, his caretaker record is generally win one, lose one or two. I would take that right now and feel he could do no worse than Monk is. 

I agree, I am just so worried if we get rid of Monk then the players who need to go, get to stay, something has to change, and I dont think Chansiri has the

wherewithal to do this.

39 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Thing is, what exactly are these off the field circumstances that are compelling us to play absolutely dog sh*t week after week and conceding so many goals? 

We have financial problems and FFP problems... what else? Because even despite that we have a squad of players who should be able to pick up more points than they have. It's totally the managers fault for picking the wrong team every week and bad tactics. He's blaming everyone but himself for the situation and he needs to go.

Financial problems really shouldn't stop a manager picking a team and doing the basics well. 

Agree in part, but obvious some players are capable but choose not to give a throw.

I agree motivation falls within the remit of the manager but when some players in the squad can't muster the basics, nigh on impossible.

I dont think for one minute some team selections are by choice. Imagine if a player has done fizz all in training all week, do they deserve to play ahead of someone whose been busting a gut day in day out? What message would that send?

Let's also not forget this isn't Monks team, nor his choice of backroom staff and ended up with players off the 'b' or 'c' recruitment list in January. 

I'm all for positive change, so if we sack Monk, who is his replacement?

1 minute ago, striker said:

Agree in part, but obvious some players are capable but choose not to give a throw.

I agree motivation falls within the remit of the manager but when some players in the squad can't muster the basics, nigh on impossible.

I dont think for one minute some team selections are by choice. Imagine if a player has done fizz all in training all week, do they deserve to play ahead of someone whose been busting a gut day in day out? What message would that send?

Let's also not forget this isn't Monks team, nor his choice of backroom staff and ended up with players off the 'b' or 'c' recruitment list in January. 

I'm all for positive change, so if we sack Monk, who is his replacement?

THIS

Owlstalk Shop

37 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The only advantage I could see in Meggo coming back would be to be able to watch the flappin' f.ookers run through greno woods....I'd be there in lincoln green wiv a bloody quarterstaff...stood on log across a stream , knocking the overpaid wasters into the sodding river...one by one 

"Thats for Blackburn" I'd warble 

"Thats for Brentford" I'd yell

"Thats cos yer Pelupessy " I'd whitter

I would let Bannan across...Iorfa ..I mean...(Even wiv a f.ookin' quarter staff?)

Then i'd disappear into the greenwood singin' "Hi Ho" as  Alan a Dale would sing it

That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen all day !