Monks gone?

18 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Its got nothing to do with 'hoofball' or styles, at the minute we need results, we need to stay up, Monk cant get anything more out of these.

I'd love Megson to come in and sort some of this fraudulent lot out.

Like he did at power house Stevenage?

4 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

We were 3rd when he got the sack, big players were missing through injury.

Antonio made a huge difference to our side, a player megson brought in.

Dave Jones got a few results and it snowballed.

The pigs also had some bad luck with the Ched Evans saga.

Right now Id take Megson over Monk anyday but I seriously doubt he could work under Chansiri/ Doyan and AP.

Not sure that was bad luck, he did what he did before that season started and was found guilty 1st time around. They relied upon him so didn't sanction him but sacked an academy player for tweeting about it. 

We needed the change of manager that season for fresh impetus, just as we need a change of manager now and I would take Megson over Monk, not that it is going to happen.

I diasagree with Striker 100% when he says:

Look, Monk isn't a bad manager. He's shown promise, decent spells in his career and still only 40.

Well I think Monk is dreadful:

poor team selections

counter-productive

zero motivation

conflict in the camp.

It is clear to see why Swansea, Boro and Birningham fired him pretty pronto.

As a fan base we are sfar too accepting of rubbish ten a penny managers like Monk.

The results arfe shocking and we need some ambition.

We really can do far better than this.

Results alone are reason enough to get rid. Results and performance wise, it's as poor or worse as when Jos was axed. The issues are bigger than just the manager, we lack leadership from top to bottom on and off the pitch, we need restructuring, a clear out and rebuilding of players and coaching staff, a revamp, long term plan and to be more sensible, etc.

The likes of Bullen needs to go with the players and Monk. But in the meantime we need results simply to stay up and we need a proper reset, plan and rebuild in the summer. Someone proven and experienced to generate respect and get in to the players heads what it means and get a few results out of them to keep us up for now or an exciting manager on the rise to bring some life, excitement and fight back into us.

Bottom line for me is results are simply not good enough, issues are bigger than the manager but one thing we can change due to results is the manager. Monk has to go for now to have any chance of staying up but long term we need more of a  long term sensible plan.

2 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Look, Monk isn't a bad manager. He's shown promise, decent spells in his career and still only 40.

poor team selections

counter-productive

zero motivation

conflict in the camp.

As a fan base we are sfar too accepting of rubbish ten a penny managers like Monk.

Who would you suggest  ?.

If we need a firefighter to come in for the last 9 games then Warnock would be ideal, he's retiring at the end of the season so it would only be very short term. Then bring someone new in, in the summer when all the deadwood has been released.

As for Megson I can guarantee he wouldn't come to the club under Chansiri, I know people who know him and let's just say he's not exactly a fan.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

We need the bite the bullet and go and get the other Gary from Birminhams past, the one who can build a team on a shoe string and play to his teams strength and currently with a rubbish squad on paper is just 2 points off the play offs.

Even he would fail with this shower.

7 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

poor team selections

counter-productive

zero motivation

conflict in the camp.

One or two people keep saying things like this, that Monk is a good manager without providing any evidence.

His track record with us is pretty much like every club he has been at. Starts of fairly well, tails off quickly and rarely last longer than a year. Swansea, had a good initial impact and finished the season well. Next season looked like relegation was on the cards and got sacked. Leeds started off really well, tailed off, failed to make the play-offs and left after not seeing eye-to-eye with the club. Middlesbrough, spent loads of money, football was poor, results were average, got sacked and his replacement got them in the top 6. Birmingham, did really well initially, lifted the team into the top half with minimal resources, points deduction had an impact and they tailed off and he fell out with the club. 

Where is anything to suggest it is wise to give him more time? 

Personally  I think the EFL are playing the feck out of this situation. Delay, delay, delay WTF are they playing at ? Is there a chance Chansiri has them rocking on a favourable outcome ? Pressure needs to be brought to bare on the Arbitration panel in order we may (STRESS MAY) see some clear water. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

I haven’t got one. But it definitely wouldn’t be Megson 

If it's not the likes of Warnock or Megson short term just to keep us up, then it will probably be Bullen again. However, I see Bullen as part of the long on-going issue, along with the players, agents/advisers and owner. If not a proven experienced short term option then why not go for an up and coming Lower League manager on the rise? (The likes of Ainsworth for instance). No matter what we do, results aren't good enough, we're running out of games and we need a rebuild and rethink in the summer because it's a shambles on and off the pitch, and as been ever since the two failed play off campaigns.  

4 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

If we need a firefighter to come in for the last 9 games then Warnock would be ideal, he's retiring at the end of the season so it would only be very short term. Then bring someone new in, in the summer when all the deadwood has been released.

As for Megson I can guarantee he wouldn't come to the club under Chansiri, I know people who know him and let's just say he's not exactly a fan.

I wouldnt back against it mate.

6 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

If it's not the likes of Warnock or Megson short term just to keep us up, then it will probably be Bullen again. However, I see Bullen as part of the long on-going issue, along with the players, agents/advisers and owner. If not a proven experienced short term option then why not go for an up and coming Lower League manager on the rise? (The likes of Ainsworth for instance). No matter what we do, results aren't good enough, we're running out of games and we need a rebuild and rethink in the summer because it's a shambles on and off the pitch, and as been ever since the two failed play off campaigns.  

In the summer yes but changing now wouldn’t achieve anything.

Monk has to discard Lees, JP, Dawson and maybe some others. Got to hope Luongo and reach coming back will make a difference 

The players are the ones who’ve let us down. When they cross that line the very least you’d expect is a bit of effort. 

25 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

poor team selections

counter-productive

zero motivation

conflict in the camp.

I know it's an over used argument but who?

I genuinely don't think Monk is a bad manager, circumstances, some of which out of his control exasperating the situation. 

12 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Personally  I think the EFL are playing the feck out of this situation. Delay, delay, delay WTF are they playing at ? Is there a chance Chansiri has them rocking on a favourable outcome ? Pressure needs to be brought to bare on the Arbitration panel in order we may (STRESS MAY) see some clear water. 

I would of thought it be the club playing the feck out of it not the EFL ,  don’t forget it’s us that’s challenging the legality of the charge via arbitration not the EFL 

The longer it goes on the bigger mess it is for the EFL,  they want a huge points deduction ASAP to get Mr Gibson off there back 

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

In the summer yes but changing now wouldn’t achieve anything.

Monk has to discard Lees, JP, Dawson and maybe some others. Got to hope Luongo and reach coming back will make a difference 

The players are the ones who’ve let us down. When they cross that line the very least you’d expect is a bit of effort. 

Agree about the players but they're picked and instructed by the manager, coached by him and the likes of Bullen.

The issues are far bigger than simply the manager to be fair but our form is as bad as when Jos was axed. If we do nothing, I can see us going down with or without a points deduction.

Can we risk sticking with Monk and Bullen, and somehow hoping we stay up, when it's hard to see where the next win will come from?