Monks gone?

I have to say it .

Its  not the manager this time too many times  this has happened with other managers in the past I personally feel now .

this is down to the player's you cannot tell me they can play like that under monk leadership until Christmas .

then all of a sudden become a bad shambles something's just not quite right we're not going to do anything this season I think it's time  for the manager to take the reins get rid of the outdated players and a lot of the expired staff that comes with Sheffield Wednesday and start afresh.

We shouldn't be getting on monks back and let me see from the start monk was never my choice of manager but we've got him.

let's support him because he's the only one that showed any passion after that game

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Do you really think Megson or Warnock would take a 9-game contract in our current position? They would demand a fortune just for that if there was no promise of it going further.

No, but we can't get rid of the players until the summer. 

Monk dug out the players to a man against Wigan & Luton and has picked from largely the same bunch and whatever he has done has made no difference, he is not good enough and is the main element we can change now.

Aye, fair point and a tough predicament. If they do well or show something to suggest, they're worth giving a shot at it for a full season or something, then keep them on, if they would agree to something like that? If not, then I would risk, going for someone on the rise in the Lower Leagues like Gareth Ainsworth for example, and allowing them to rebuild us with a long term plan.

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

so what if we get a different manager in, probably be yes man Bullen and he or whoever the new manager is decides in his wisdom to offer the majority of out of contract players new contracts. At least Monk has realised we need them out of the club. I’m just so sick and tired of these same pathetic players. 

we shouldn't appoint a new manager until the summer and the out of contract players should all be allowed to leave unless Fletcher wants to stay at a reduced rate.

As I've said previously I would never have contemplated giving Bullen another go as caretaker but that is the option Monk has driven me to. He won't get us less points in the remaining games than Monk will. I have never seen us beaten by half-time in so many games in such a short space of time. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

If Monk is still here next weekend and we are losing I really hope the fans turn on the players and not Monk. The players need to know how we feel, how they are stealing a living playing for this great club. They really are a waste of space. 

The fans have already turned on the players numerous times. You're not fit to wear the shirt has been sung a fair few times since the Luton game. Monk offers no hope.

Guest LittleG
25 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

so the players just get away with playing like they are. We have had several managers here while these wasters are playing for us and they all come to the same problem. The players are the problem not Monk. 

Some of the players aren't good enough but neither is Monk. Surely you cannot be happy with how he has performed. 

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

Some of the players aren't good enough but neither is Monk. Surely you cannot be happy with how he has performed. 

no of course I’m not but I think it’s the players not performing that is the bigger problem. I just dread the though of Bullen being in charge yet again and have a feeling this would be the time he gets the permanent gig. 

Guest wilyfox
26 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not sure they threw him under the bus, he just doesn't have the tactical nous to be a long term manager.

He got some decent results on both occasions though and his record in the league with this squad this season is won 3 lost 3. No way are we getting anywhere near winning 3 more under Monk at the moment so might just be worth giving Bullen a go for the remaining games. 2 months ago I'd have said no way at this suggestion but Monk is incapable of getting a tune out of this lot and we have been dire against poor teams and against teams in poor form. The 2-1 defeat to QPR under Bullen now looks like a decent result alongside our results this year!

Oh yes they did. 1-0 up at half-time, they knew that winning would have meant 4 wins 2 defeats in league plus Rotherham cup win makes 5 from 7 and probably gets him the job for season. 3 wins 3 defeats ain't so sexy and made Chansiri think again. They downed tools purposely. If ever there was a match blatantly thrown, that was it. 

38 minutes ago, Grez Bez said:

I've nothing against Monk but don't think he's up to it.

We need to bring in someone new in prep for the clearout for next season. Who is the question!

We need the bite the bullet and go and get the other Gary from Birminhams past, the one who can build a team on a shoe string and play to his teams strength and currently with a rubbish squad on paper is just 2 points off the play offs.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Oh yes they did. 1-0 up at half-time, they knew that winning would have meant 4 wins 2 defeats in league plus Rotherham cup win makes 5 from 7 and probably gets him the job for season. 3 wins 3 defeats ain't so sexy and made Chansiri think again. They downed tools purposely. If ever there was a match blatantly thrown, that was it. 

Why go 1-0 up in the first place? Did the reality only dawn on them at half-time?

Guest LittleG

no of course I’m not but I think it’s the players not performing that is the bigger problem. I just dread the though of Bullen being in charge yet again and have a feeling this would be the time he gets the permanent gig. 

I also dread the thought of Bullen getting the job full time. 

Wouldn’t it be nice if Bullen actually came out and said he backed the manager and what he is saying is correct. Imo Bullen just wants to be everyone’s mate and it is pathetic. He needs to get out of this club in the summer along with the majority of these players. 

Wouldn’t it be nice if Bullen actually came out and said he backed the manager and what he is saying is correct. Imo Bullen just wants to be everyone’s mate and it is pathetic. He needs to get out of this club in the summer along with the majority of these players. 

Hes the biggest yes man at the club.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why go 1-0 up in the first place? Did the reality only dawn on them at half-time?

Through a penalty. It was a gift.

4 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Just a Question ,Why do some on here think Monk is a good manager ? Been sacked 6 times already and in his early 40s.

Not so.  He's only had 4 manager jobs before us.  He walked out on Leeds.  Boro brum and swans sacked him. That's 3 , not 6.  

Just now, Lincs Owl said:

Not so.  He's only had 4 manager jobs before us.  He walked out on Leeds.  Boro brum and swans sacked him. That's 3 , not 6.  

Nearly every manager gets sacked on a regular basis. Unless they are Bruce who walks at the first decent offer

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

Plonk has hit the nail on the head about Monk and his record.

I also think like you that it is important to have some enjoyment in going to watch and nor is it cheap.

If you were not a Wednesday fan would anyone dream of going to watch a Monk football team?

he has but Swansea sacked him for bad man management apparently ( Can't find the link that I read it in though)

Guest LittleG
13 minutes ago, Owlsend said:

I have to say it .

Its  not the manager this time too many times  this has happened with other managers in the past I personally feel now .

this is down to the player's you cannot tell me they can play like that under monk leadership until Christmas .

then all of a sudden become a bad shambles something's just not quite right we're not going to do anything this season I think it's time  for the manager to take the reins get rid of the outdated players and a lot of the expired staff that comes with Sheffield Wednesday and start afresh.

We shouldn't be getting on monks back and let me see from the start monk was never my choice of manager but we've got him.

let's support him because he's the only one that showed any passion after that game

The problem is that just about all the players in the squad aren't performing consistently, not just the supposedly outdated players. Monk has to take a portion of the blame for our performances with his team selections, formations, substitutions etc. It's alright saying give him a chance but I really have no faith in him having the ability to do a rebuild.

If Monk goes then i struggle to see how it is good news and how things will dramatically change short or long term. 

We could appoint another Jos, enjoy a worse run than we are on now and end up in League 1 in a bigger mess with a total unknown. 

The players have to shoulder this blame not the manager. 

What a pathetic mess, shame as 2 months ago we were flying. 

Why can't someone just get a grip of this club and make it competitive in every single second of every single game!

Just now, LittleG said:

The problem is that just about all the players in the squad aren't performing consistently, not just the supposedly outdated players. Monk has to take a portion of the blame for our performances with his team selections, formations, substitutions etc. It's alright saying give him a chance but I really have no faith in him having the ability to do a rebuild.

Correct the manager does pick etc the formations the style of play but let's face it if there's a problem with the players and he's trying to change something that wasn't broken in the first place which is confusing him.

and he's trying all different things which is making him look bad because no matter what he does for some reason the players are not going to respond..